evading the clutches of the ones who murdered the rest of his tribe

in cold blood..."

19409680321_ce5c921e35_z.jpg

18780097703_d68aaaa507_b.jpg

Extra pictures (added July 9th, 2015):

c4f96f79af1b6d1153cf19cef82e68f8.png

60278c8d2d174b33dec6f8194ec7cda3.png

1c5938f98207577baaff8756f46e8643.png

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a while since my last MOC was made, and I haven't ever made any real Wild West MOCs before,

so I decided it was time to put an end to both of those things. The MOC picture was edited to make it look and feel more

like an old western movie - thought that'd be a nice touch. Enjoy, and C&C is welcome as always!

Edited by General Magma

Nice cactus, nice footprints and nice desert. A nice build

Thanks everyone! :classic:

Using that hair piece as a tumbleweed is a very nice touch. I like it. :thumbup:

I was already hoping somebody would notice that's a tumbleweed :tongue: - thanks!

*excuse me while I get a cloth to wipe up my drool :tongue:

I love the tumbleweed! That SNOT landscape is stunning, as well as the footprints! Also, are the dark tan-ish weeds Lego? And what color is the cactus?

Thank you for the kind comments, both! Glad you like it. :classic:

*excuse me while I get a cloth to wipe up my drool :tongue:

I love the tumbleweed! That SNOT landscape is stunning, as well as the footprints! Also, are the dark tan-ish weeds Lego? And what color is the cactus?

No worries, it'll probably dry up in the burning sun! :laugh:

The weeds are from AltBricks, a company that produces pieces for MOCs in colours that don't exist in LEGO sets.

They are are available in medium dark tan and tan (though I've asked for weeds in new colours, and those are probably coming as well). The cactus is olive green. :classic:

Thanks again! I already have a possible future Wild West MOC in mind...

Lovely work, the landscaping is fantastic, and I like the use of headlight bricks for footprints. I also like the forced perspective in the beginning shot, with the mountains. :)

I agree, the sand dune is superb, so smooth :thumbup: I always like to see that footstep trail technique. The cactus looks great too, the tumbleweed is inventive.

Does anyone else see the irony of this being uploaded on the American Independence Day?

Tumbleweed and the footprints for sure! Good overall build. Pictures could use some more lighting to be honest, just positive feedback :)

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. :classic:

If anyone here happens to have any ideas for future Wild West MOCs I could make,

do tell! I'd like to hear them. I've been thinking of something with a gold mine or Mexican things, but nothing overly specific yet,

so suggestions (specific or not) would be welcome, as well as general things you'd like to see.

Tumbleweed and the footprints for sure! Good overall build. Pictures could use some more lighting to be honest, just positive feedback :)

Thanks! Do you mean both of them? The first one was a scene and the second one was edited to look more old western movie-ish,

but I see where you're coming from, so I've decided to add a few more unedited pictures to the first post that were initially rejected. What do you think of those?

I've had this camera for a little over a month now so I'm still experimenting with things and what kind of lighting works best for MOCs (and certain scenes) in general,

so feedback or suggestions are indeed welcome. :classic:

Edited by General Magma

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. :classic:

If anyone here happens to have any ideas for future Wild West MOCs I could make,

do tell! I'd like to hear them. I've been thinking of something with a gold mine or Mexican things, but nothing overly specific yet,

so suggestions (specific or not) would be welcome, as well as general things you'd like to see.

Thanks! Do you mean both of them? The first one was a scene and the second one was edited to look more old western movie-ish,

but I see where you're coming from, so I've decided to add a few more unedited pictures to the first post that were initially rejected. What do you think of those?

I've had this camera for a little over a month now so I'm still experimenting with things and what kind of lighting works best for MOCs (and certain scenes) in general,

so feedback or suggestions are indeed welcome. :classic:

Personally I'd love to see a Wild West style Fort (might be too big) or a Wild West Ranch, either could be amazing :laugh:

Personally I'd love to see a Wild West style Fort (might be too big) or a Wild West Ranch, either could be amazing :laugh:

Think I may be able to do either of the two!

But that's all planned for the far future, as I'll be moving on to my main theme again, after this.

Wow, I absolutely love that first photo! Such excellent composition and details... The footprints in the sand, the forced perspective, the cacti, mountains in the background - it all adds up into such a brilliant and atmospheric scene. Wonderful stuff!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Makes me even more excited to finally *really* be back to the world of LEGO & MOCing! :classic:

Wow, I absolutely love that first photo! Such excellent composition and details... The footprints in the sand, the forced perspective, the cacti, mountains in the background - it all adds up into such a brilliant and atmospheric scene. Wonderful stuff!

Thank you! I'm very glad to hear that! :sweet:

I'm looking forward to creating many more scenes in the future.

Beautiful detailing. The headlight bricks look awesome as footprints, and the minifig looks great. Keep it up!

Beautiful detailing. The headlight bricks look awesome as footprints, and the minifig looks great. Keep it up!

Thank you! :classic: