Sign in to follow this  
AC_

[K - A06] AC for Air Conditioning

Kawashita Engineer's Log - AC - A06 Guinevere

There's a lot of activity on Guinevere at the moment due to a conflict of interests between Kawashita and MANTIS, but I've managed to settle down to some work in one of the base areas out of the way of most people.

I thought it was hot when I was working on Serium, but the heat here on Guinevere is so much worse due to the volcanic activity. I'm just glad we've got this new air conditioning unit installed on one of the upper floors of the base, although it does appear to have a few teething troubles. One of the monitor lamps is amber showing a potential fault, so I'll have to have run some diagnostics and fix the problem before it lights up red to indicate a critical problem.

19034051565_7676e8ea32.jpg

Just hope it's nothing to do with the intake filters. Don't want to have to go out on the gantry to look at them in this heat if I can help it.

18846320690_b1ffc8d710.jpg

Not the greatest photography as usual from me. Additional photos below showing the whole scene. Would have taken more story based photos (and hopefully better quality ones), but took them in a bit of a hurry so that I can quickly post this before I go to bed.

18846371438_9e5e792498.jpg

18847841239_df0c753928.jpg

18846366318_2fcd2a8170.jpg

I like the AC unit as a big block. It just looks like I imagine it would, the controls included. Agree with everyone else too that the balcony is really nice. Having it built up a level like that really adds to the feel of it.

Awesome clean look here. Once you master the photography, your builds are going to be heavy. I also like AC_ and AC as a focus for a build. Haha! :D

I really look the industrial look of this, plus the feel that the AC is really one big machine (and of course the balconies, great job there)! Good job! :sweet:

Love that balcony and the A/C looks sweet. Geothermal of course! A row of tiles on top would finish it nicely.

Thanks for all the comments.

I forgot about tiling those studs at the top and noticed a couple of other bits when I was taking the photos that I'd forgotten about as well that I'd like to have sorted out.

There were some other details I was planning on adding but ran out of time for. May revisit this model in the future at some point to make improvements to use as part of a larger display as I like the balcony and some of the details.

I was using my tablet to take the photos in a bit of a hurry as I'd run out of time before going to bed. Good job I didn't have to get up for work this morning.

I like the mechanical feel of the whole build. And that metal balcony has some really clever parts usage. I had to stare at it for a minute to figure out what part it was and how you had used it. Gonna have to try and remember that for future use!