Sign in to follow this  
pombe

[O - G03] WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

EDIT: Builder's Notes: Please see the Challenge 1 entry before reading this one: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=110926. The story is related. Also note that the flora/fauna found in this entry was built and first shown in the Challenge 1 entry and should not be scored here.

Tags: Exploration, Vehicle, AG, Octan

++Pombe, personal log, start recording++

Eshey and I had another meeting with the gosh darn hero explorer Lu Caslaug-Hing to go over them details regarding our mission to planet gee-oh-three, known around these parts as New California. Lu had reckoned in our prior meeting that Eshey and I should be looking for water, Lucky for us, one of our probes on New California had spied a cactus, which is proof enough that there's water in them thar' hills. (http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=110926).

18293487883_2e81137fd4_c.jpg

Now, that tenderfoot Eshey had a yellow stripe as wide as the Axle down her back. She kept kicking up a row about dangerous cacti monsters.

Horse feathers.

I told her not to get her dander up, but Lu, to her credit, took it in stride, and preached that safety was always a priority and that Eshey should do what she likes.

Well, I was fixin' to head out and I needed a new ride, and there ain't no finer friend, engineer, or drinking buddy as ol' Big Z to fix me up. He was someone you could ride to the river with.

18726456100_d94e6d3593_c.jpg

A fine steed! I named her Snowflake, for she was as white as the new snow. Big Z also fixed me up some tack to go with Snowflake. I was ready to ride.

Eshey went on yammerin' to Big Z about needing some big guns to fight the cactus monsters.

18727978689_23505225b3_c.jpg

Now, I reckon you've heard about them Kawashitas and how they've got a reputation for riding big robots into battle. But seeing as how we Octans is the largest and most flush corporation in these parts, and how we do all the supplying of military hardware to them Galaxy Squad soldier types, we've got big robots of our own; and that's just what ol' Big Z fixed Eshey up with.

18726137408_f82a3dcfdc_c.jpg

Well Eshey was grinnin' like a possum about that.

18291251524_c54d2e2081_c.jpg

We just needed a wagon to get us to New California, and DarkDruid was our ticket to ride. Here was another feller you could ride to the river with.

18293485893_83d91c914f_c.jpg

When we got to New California, that lily livered apprentice 'o mine starts shooting up near every single gosh darn plant in sight! I tell her that if she keeps this up, ol' Dr. Long is gonna deliver her a whupping something awful. Ol' Dr. Long was an ornery cuss, and dumb Eshey had no idea.

Eshey yammers something about "safety first" and "making sure".

I'll admit Eshey was the most rootin' tootin' shootinest gal this side of Andromeda. Never missed a shot, that she didn't.

18728230578_85ed043b2d_c.jpg

We did find water, and like I said, ol' Dr. Long was all horns and rattles about those shot up plants. Poor Eshey was in the calaboose on that one.

++Pombe, personal log, stop recording++

Next:

18913792525_46fe5c30af_c.jpg

18908552762_4f2932c895_c.jpg

18727638569_ce6c48b33c_c.jpg

18913793955_b94d5a7cee_c.jpg

18291253764_4ba7a0462b_c.jpg

18726135588_1368f55559_c.jpg

18293154903_a63609d73c_c.jpg

18913797055_1ee30179e3_c.jpg

18908551092_811d4cca62_c.jpg

18727643819_06e02641c7_c.jpg

18726139488_8c61fc1528_c.jpg

18916940021_2a2b9750b5_c.jpg

18887792806_9384bcea8f_c.jpg

18726395210_910e1e59d9_c.jpg

18727917219_0f9651c8a8_c.jpg

18888937596_dcc40684d2_c.jpg

18921725062_04dfd6caab_c.jpg

Edited by pombe

The brick built horse is great! Love the robot and how absurdly armed it is. But the absolute best part was the writing! I was cracking up reading it.

I really love that horse and agree with Kodan Black - how armed the robot is makes it so wonderfully hilarious. It really goes with the story. I also enjoyed the fact that by chance I saw your challenge build first and then saw the cactus alien make a triumphant, if harried, return here. Nice touch too placing Octan-styled armor on the horse. Great job!

Edited by aeralure

The outrageous mech is good, but that brick-built horse is really something! And I'll be darned if that thar weren't some of the best cottin'-pickin' story tellin' I done ever read in this here thread! :wub:

That horse is brilliant! :laugh::thumbup: The cactus looks really good too, love the expression!

Splendid idea with the brickbuilt horse! The mech is great to- reminds me of metal gear... cactus is brilliant but the best part was the story to go along with the builds! Top stuff! :thumbup:

Stellar! I love the expression on the fleeing cactus and the storyline is great. I love how into the whole Western theme Pombe got with his horse, his hat and his accent. Great! :rofl:

Ha, ha, excellent build pombe! I'm really liking the mechanical horse and that robot is very nice as well! Great story as always! :laugh:

Alright, I've just wet my pants because of laughing so hard, great build too!

HA! - Love the horse!! :wub:

The extremely well armed mech contrasts well with pombe's horse, though I wonder what those cacti ever did to deserve the extreme herbiciding?

Alright, I've just wet my pants because of laughing so hard, great build too!

Might want to lay off the mead there buddy! :laugh:

That horse!! :sweet:

Now that Isabel is gone... Is Eshey available? :blush:

Hahaha, another hilarious build and story! :head_back:

The horse is fantastic! As is the mech, though I'm surprised Eshey could be so accurate when she can't see out of the cockpit :tongue:

Now that Isabel is gone... Is Eshey available? :blush:

Hold on, let me ask her.

She says only for cute guys like you.

Edited by pombe

I love the brick built horse! Looks fantastic, and I love the tail. The mech is a bit more mixed for me… the cock pit in particular kind of feels weird and doesn't really flow super well. I don't know. Maybe it's too wide, with those legs on the side… BUT its posing and action (that leg rocket being fired!) are as spot on as always! :thumbup:

The Octan horse made me laugh out loud! Great work, the storyline is always entertaining.

Love the horse and that cactus! Though I was really hoping the Pombe would jump onto the horse, and then the horse would somehow combine itself into the mech! :laugh: