Sign in to follow this  
Space Terrapin

[O - H03] Rock crawling

Spencer's diary, Junali 3815

After an easy ride on Xerillian last week, I've been called back to Dr. Blomkampf's engineering facility on board the OCS 'Your paycheck could depend on this'. I wonder what I'm letting myself in for this time...

18814467351_50f15ec117_c.jpg

"Ah! Spencer! I'm glad it's you. I've just been putting the finishing touches to my newest design."

"No pointy sticks this time?"

"No, but I think you'll like it anyway..."

18811846565_286ca350ec_c.jpg

"Wow, she's a beaut Doc. What do you call her?"

"The Octan Octonaut! The most advanced Awesomnium prospecting vehicle ever designed, if I do say so myself. And with the 8-legged ambulatory system, she's stable on any terrain. Just try not to leave her in the bottom of a sinkhole this time, eh?"

18191175533_e7a0537018_c.jpg

For once, the Doc was as good as his word. The Octonaut handles the rocky plains of Kaalin with ease. It may be a little cramped inside, but the armour's thick enough to withstand a meteorite strike.

18785538266_6875862ebc_c.jpg

Drill deployed!

Very interesting craft design, but I wonder how fast something like this would be in reality!

Very interesting craft design, but I wonder how fast something like this would be in reality!

I'm guessing - dead slow! Although interestingly, the US military is currently researching 8-legged robots to carry supplies on difficult terrain.

Brilliant idea with that Octonaut, looks pretty effective too! :thumbup: