75119: Sergeant Jyn Erso

med_gallery_7500_296_2106006.png

75120: K-2SO

med_gallery_7500_296_1105389.png

75121: Imperial Death Trooper

med_gallery_7500_296_587174.png

Well, the first 2016 CCBS set has been revealed:

star-wars-stormtrooper-01.jpg

Very intrigued by that blaster - it seems those two holes on the muzzle would support an armour addon.

Source

EDIT: Wha, I didn't make this into a thread! 0_o Ah well... All aboard the hype train!

Edited by Leewan

Created a new topic for the 2016 sets. :sweet:

The helmet is gorgeous.

He's my favorite of the buildable figures. The helmet looks fantastic, as does the rest of the body.

Well, I already posted about this in the 2015 thread about the new figure, but I'll post it here and redact my other comment:

Well, that was unexpected. Looks like whoever said there would be another 6 constraction figures was right! And it appears they tie in with Episode 7 (that is clearly an Episode 7 Stormie to me). And nice to see we get a new blaster mould (and a blaster that actually fires at that, look closely and you'll see the spring loaded brick in there).

Colour me hyped! :grin:

Aah! That looks beautiful! I can't express how much I love the new Stormtrooper helmet, and Lego have a fantastic job of recreating it.

And that blaster is pretty sweet too. Not familiar with SW blasters, but do you think it's possible we could see that in Bionicle? Maybe too futuristic-y...

Well, that was unexpected. Looks like whoever said there would be another 6 constraction figures was right! And it appears they tie in with Episode 7 (that is clearly an Episode 7 Stormie to me). And nice to see we get a new blaster mould (and a blaster that actually fires at that, look closely and you'll see the spring loaded brick in there).

Colour me hyped! :grin:

Not so sure they will all be Ep7 figures. If you look at this September's releases you have Luke and Vader (both arguably Ep6), and Obi Wan, Grievous, Jango and Clone Commander (Ep 3 or Clone Wars). Although, yes, there is a nice new film out, it would do a great disservice to the OT not to also produce an original Stormtrooper in the Jan16 release.

. . . The detailing on that helmet almost looks too good to be true. . .

I had a thought about this new set actually, though this is probably very very unlikely: what if it has an OT Stormtrooper head mould as well so you had a choice of whether to make it an OT or Ep 7 Stormie?

Otherwise, I do see these new sets being mostly Ep 7 based. I'd be surprised if there isn't a Vader-esque Kylo Ren CCBS figure in the works somewhere. I'd like to see some droids in the lineup too, even just Threepio and Artoo would do nicely.

Time to start saving for next year too it seems!

well then. didn't expect this. are there any news already, who's the remaining figures will be?

I don't like the gun much, but it's a nice addition to LEGO's current blaster lineup. There also appears to be a piece that connects the gun to normal LEGO pieces somewhere in there. It could just be a parts of the gun itself, though. But then why would there be two minifigure equipment sized holes in the gun?

Edited by DraikNova

The gun seems to be something described to appear in almost every 2016 Bionicle sets by the playtester (something like the launcher on ultraagents, but a new piece) but with a different projectile and builds up my belief towards he's sayings.. This stormtroopper looks great and much better than Cody, Jango and Luke. I'm still mad it has those foot pieces though.

Ooooooh that's sexy. Loving the blaster. Not loving the immediate milking of the franchise just for a movie cash-in, though.

The gun seems to be something described to appear in almost every 2016 Bionicle sets by the playtester (something like the launcher on ultraagents, but a new piece) but with a different projectile and builds up my belief towards he's sayings.. This stormtroopper looks great and much better than Cody, Jango and Luke. I'm still mad it has those foot pieces though.

That is a really good point- this might very well be the rumored launcher. I would like to note that it does contain the actual spring launcher inside of it- seems to be upside down, meaning that there are stud connections.

Edit w/ what I said in the other thread: I imagine that the entire wave will all be EpVII themed, so that means that there will be three protagonists and another two antagonists. I am guessing Finn, Rey, Poe, Snoke, Stormie, and the Sith seen in the trailers. I am definitely getting this set.

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Doesn't this become available right around when the Bionicle 2016 Winter (January is still winter) sets come out? That could very well be the/a new launcher for Bionicle, like the peeps said above.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Wow, the Stormtrooper looks great. The rifle is cool and the helmet looks awesome.

I just noticed that it has armor on the backs of the lower-legs.

I also looks to not be a Kaiju fin but rather the same System slope used for his blaster.

The armour on the back of the Stormie's legs looks like this piece to me (probably with a 1x2 plate and held in place by 2 Technic 1/2 pins). Interesting how LEGO seem to be incorporating quite a few more System elements into these new Constraction sets (and not just bits like robot arms and bar clips that work in all systems), it's not something they do all that often. It shows that System elements can be used effectively in a Constraction model.

Wasn't going to buy any of the Star Wars constraction figures but then this fellow showed up. Fantastic! Love the way he looks. I agree with others than an OT stormtrooper would be nice too, but this is great.

On the whole I hate these "constraction" figures - but this Stormtrooper is absolutely amazing.

This looks so good !!!

The shoulder pads look like they will be very nice parts to use in mocs