Dragonfire

[K - B08] Mission Accomplished!

Mission Log: Entry 3 ~

What a week! It took us a while to get here - we had to navigate back through the Hamilton Belt and deliver the awesomnium to HQ on Orinshi, stopping to refuel on Serium before setting off on our latest - and potentially most dangerous - mission. First stop: Greater Direstan.

I left the pilot and my android assistant with the shuttle and began my search for awesomnium - but I did not search on foot. Due to the vast size of the plains here, it would have taken me days to get to the mountains where awesomnium can be found - and we didn't have days. So I used a revolutionary new method of transport - the prototype Kawashita Expeditionary Transport (or KET for short). However, its nickname is the Scorpion (for obvious reasons). This is its first test on a foreign planet - and it's definitely passed. The thing's a wonder - sleek, speedy and fashionably quirky. Anyway, it wasn't long before I spotted the first sign of awesomnium - crystals catching the sun's glare, in the mountains on the far horizon. It won't be long before I'm there!

bca31594-fe90-4244-9040-05f025f8ae4b_zpsmvbowppx.jpg

36c6ddd2-0739-4cb1-96e2-0a1cda444ce6_zpsbjp46mfi.jpg

7128b738-e283-4793-b1cb-93a71db7bc0c_zpsbmdli54z.jpg

2c087aba-f48f-436f-b552-56c6944c9980_zpsvmfmt01s.jpg

Figless:

00158ec8-442e-4fe2-aae0-ca13e889a614_zpsjan0mpz9.jpg

The KET "Scorpion":

1029a852-e379-45a0-a3f3-7b7ae47451e4_zps9yiscktg.jpg

[ This is my first attempt at building a small vehicle; and my first proper attempt at forced perspective. C&C appreciated! ]

Edited by Dragonfire

Nice small representation of the planet.

Compliments on how you are progressing, the small vehicle and the photography are great!

Nice build, I love the vehicle! Good idea to try some FP - it sort of works, particularly in the second photo. I think if you'd been able to make the landscape wider, to give the illusion of the horizon filling the width of the frame, it might work even better. Good job!

Thanks for the feedback - in fact, the dimensions of the build were limited by my supply of black plates to go on the sides. I would have made it longer too.

Nice speeder! I think the forced perspective worked, but I agree with Space Terrapin.

Agreed that the speeder is a nice build. I'll echo the others - the forced perspective could use a wider background, OR perhaps a better defined "middle ground" - it goes from close up to far away too swiftly. But forced perspective is something I've personally always been too nervous to try, so kudos on that! :thumbup:

Could you share which ones you used the most and thought were the most helpful?

Excuse me, what are you trying to say here?

I like the second photo a lot, it could use some better lighting (I try to use daylight when possible) but the concept is really great.

Yeah, so do I, but I need to have a plain white background because I suck at background removal tools :tongue:

Thanks guys!

My photography isn't great (you'll see tomorrow!) but my method is to roll out some wrapping paper with the white side up, then stick everything as close to a window as possible. It's not as good as a light box but it's the best I can do cheaply :classic: