Model Team: Ferris Wheel

6 replies to this topic

#1 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Member: 1144

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:39 PM

As some of you have noticed in the thread for the Mini Truck, I have a little Ferris Wheel on one of the trailers (and the top of the wheel on another)

Posted Image

The top is lifted using a crane like this one, a pin is inserted in the middle, 4 1x4 plates complete the wheel and the chain is lifted into place. It can all be done in a minute.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The ferris wheel is motorized and the gearing can be changed. Minifigs can purchase tickets and there is space for a couple in each bucket. The mechanism is quite tough, so you can easily have minifigs climbing the sides or hang over the edges of the bucket (which was seen at Klodsfest 2007)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(BrickShelf gallery)

Edited by Lasse D, 25 August 2007 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:20 PM

Awsome work man... How long did it take you to build? How many mifigs it seat? Oh and Can I have a ride?  :-P
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#3 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

I have admired this in the past.  *wub*  I tried to make something similar (I might post pictures afterwoods) but I ran out of pieces so it is only half finished. I might try to make mine again at a smaller scale and I doubt it will ever approach the perfection of yours.  :'-(

Thanks for posting this.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#4 simonwillems

simonwillems

• Technic Campaigner

Member: 1116

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:15 PM

This is the best funfair/funpark ride I have ever seen! Beautiful!  *y*  *y*

All those details are just right, I really like the way you made the turning mechanism with that big chain and all the gears... Wow.

I too tried to make a big Ferriswheel once, using only plates and it worked out... not that great: I couldn't find a decent way of attaching the wheel to the stand and moreover I had not enough bricks back then to make more than three buckets...

You show however that it's possible to construct such a ride.

*wub*

#5 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

Thats soo sweet and lovely! A very smart work indeed!  *wub*

#6 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Member: 1144

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

> Stauder@55
This creation took about a week of building. I bought an extra Crawler Crane to get the parts, so there was actually quite a bit of planning ahead on this one. With 2 minifigs/bucket and 12 buckets, that should be 5000 minifigs  |-/ Then think there will not be enough space for you as well. By the way. You have to buy a ticket - even if you know me!  >:-)

> Sinner, simonwillems and Asuka
The Creator Ferris wheel is great if you want a ferris wheel, but if you think mine looks good, you should see this:
http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=187245  *wub*

It might take a lifetime to set up, but it sure is worth it! It uses a non-LEGO part for the sign and bends the plates to achieve the round form, but I still think this is the most beautiful LEGO ferris wheel I have ever seen.

#7 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:29 PM

Very good! *y*

Better than the new creator wheel. :-)
Duke of Equestria

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users