Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures...

• Please log in to reply
1206 replies to this topic

#1201 Starscream759

Starscream759

Member: 151808

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

Honestly it's tough to say whether he'll pulled it off because like everyone's said Chibnall's got some big shoes to fill and doesn't help that Moffat has been the head writer for over 5-6 years now. All's hoping that Peter Capaldi stays as the Doctor once the change has been made for one more season. I really hope it isn't a case of new writer and then a new doctor comes and replaces him.

#1202 LEGODalekbuster523

LEGODalekbuster523

Member: 145347

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostStarscream759, on 28 February 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Honestly it's tough to say whether he'll pulled it off because like everyone's said Chibnall's got some big shoes to fill and doesn't help that Moffat has been the head writer for over 5-6 years now. All's hoping that Peter Capaldi stays as the Doctor once the change has been made for one more season. I really hope it isn't a case of new writer and then a new doctor comes and replaces him.
The first episode of Who Shot Simon Cowell? on Saturday Night Takeaway was extremely well-written. Could be a good sign or may just be in line with how hit and miss Chris Chibnall usually tends to be.

Posted Image

Dimensions Collection
1. Batman
2. Wyldstyle
3. Gandalf
4. Emmett
5. Bart Simpson
6. The Doctor
7. Marty McFly
8. Cyberman
9. Doc Brown
10. Homer Simpson

#1203 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:16 AM

I really hope Capaldi stays a few more seasons he is so brilliant as the Doctor.

#1204 Starscream759

Starscream759

Member: 151808

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:23 AM

View PostForresto, on 29 February 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

I really hope Capaldi stays a few more seasons he is so brilliant as the Doctor.
Yeah I hope he will stay for another year after Moffat's gone. He's great as the doctor but I just wish we wouldn't people just hating him just because he's not a young and trendy Doctor like the past two were. No offence to David and Matt.

#1205 Jared

Jared

Member: 76495

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:28 PM

Well apparently he's staying on for those who like him.

http://io9.gizmodo.c...o-af-1763295399

Seems weird though because they want to bring Mr. Chibnall in for a "fresh start". May be a little hard w/ old doctor. On the subject, is anyway happy about Mr. Chibnall? I found his episodes rather unenjoyable, but to those who like him, awesome!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image  

My Flickr!
[Profound thoughts or quotes here. Insert at own leisure.]

#1206 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

First off that is amazing news if capaldi accepts, love the man to death. Chris Chibnall is an okay writer. 42 and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship I thought were both fantastic, The Silurian two parter was good but I disliked the power of three. I can barely remember Torchwood but I realized he wrote the stories I do remember enjoying a lot when I googled him. So will he be as good as Moffat, probably not because as much as people will criticize him Moffat was a fantastic writer. However I think Chibnall was a logical choice to keep the show going steadfast because as a writer he is pretty steady when it comes to quality. I guess i'm saying I think the people at BBC don't think he's a big risk which is why they chose him.

Edited by Forresto, 08 March 2016 - 03:03 AM.

#1207 Tariq j

Tariq j

Member: 55682

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

The new companion is going to be announced tomorrow during half time of the Everton football game!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Played as Tarr Egg-Chaser in Ragnorak Now 3 and Won  Played as Laura Starbucks in Blacktron Mafia and Lost

Played as Doctor Wynn in The Second Crash and Survived!  Played as Corporal Banning in Dragonfire's Kingdoms Mafia and lost
   Played as Todd Castillo in Mediumswoman's Shield vs HYDRA Mafia and won and survived Playing as Hori Yamagutchi in JJP's The Convention Mafia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users