Lego for years have made some quite cool promotional sets, including many highly desirable air...

2774-1-968906076.jpg ...and sea... 2998-1.1175441310.thumb2.jpg

...sets that can only be bought at certain places. These sets also tend to have a limited run making them hard to find. The purpose of this topic is to help people get these sets by having a place where the current sets are listed, people can list what they want, and people who are about to travel can see who wants what and get in contact with them.

The recent sets are...

2230.jpg 2230 for around XXXX€

Interested : Everyone! :-P

Has : No One :'-(

01_box1.jpg 2928 for around 16€

Interested : xwingyoda, copmike, alex54, andy_0306uk, morten_sonne, hinckley39, AzMean

Has : MShiels

Bricklink

box.jpg 2064 for around 16,50€

Interested : xwingyoda, copmike, alex54, andy_0306uk, AzMean

Bricklink

...and older (but possibly available) sets are...

1100-1.1126034224.thumb2.jpg 1100

Interested : copmike, andy_0306uk, jamtf, hinckley39, Ras 74

Bricklink

1548-1.1121721613.thumb2.jpg 1548

Has : jamtf

Bricklink

1772-1.1121889240.thumb2.jpg 1772

Interested : Piranha, andy_0306uk, morten_sonne

Bricklink

lego1773.jpg 1773

Interested : Piranha, andy_0306uk, morten_sonne, jamtf, Section8

Bricklink

1774-1.1121889373.thumb2.jpg 1774

Interested : Section8

Bricklink

1775-1.1105127483.thumb2.jpg 1775

Bricklink

1808-1.1121891108.thumb2.jpg 1808

Bricklink

1817-1.1105127484.thumb2.jpg 1817

Interested : Section8

Bricklink

1818-1.1105127484.thumb2.jpg 1818

Interested : Piranha, andy_0306uk, Section8

Bricklink

2147-1.jpg 2147

Interested : copmike, andy_0306uk, hinckley39

Bricklink

2531-1.1187656618.thumb2.jpg 2531

Interested : copmike, andy_0306uk

Bricklink

2769-1.1122330408.thumb2.jpg 2769

Interested : copmike, andy_0306uk, hinckley39

Bricklink

4032-1.1168125333.thumb2.jpg 4032

Interested : xwingyoda, copmike (all sticker variants), alex54, andy_0306uk, Ras 74 (all sticker variants)

Bricklink

4778-1.1112151945.thumb2.jpg 4778 for around 16€

Interested : SirNadroj, andy_0306uk, Holodoc, hinckley39

Bricklink

Instructions

7212-1.jpg 7212

Interested : andy_0306uk

Bricklink

7214-1.1152852506.thumb2.jpg 7214

Interested : copmike, alex54, SirNadroj, Piranha, andy_0306uk

Has : MShiels, hinckley39 (Not for sale, but he wants to gloat about it. He is a big meany)

Bricklink

Tips

1. If any people do post that they are interested, please PM them first prior to buying a set for them. Don't take an expression of interest as a guarantee that they will buy! (If you are prepared to risk this then buy away! X-D )

2. There is a STRAIGHT-SHOOTERS LIST here to help you determine if someone is more trustworthy.

3. Don't buy 100 sets and hope to sell them unless you are prepared to keep them or sell them elsewhere.

4. There's nothing wrong with trying to make some money while you are helping someone out, but be sure that you settle on a price first. :-P

5. People should arrange payments and prices themselves based on what the seller and buyer agree upon. Trades are a great idea as then the issue of postage is irrelevent.

6. Please note that many of these sets have high resale value on BrickLink. (Click the links if you don't believe me!) If you see these sets for sale you should consider buying at least one!

Please post here if you;

1. See any of these sets in a location. I will edit, add and/or delete depending on availability.

2. Are interested in a set. I will edit the first post so people don't need to scan the whole topic.

3. Are travelling, know that a set should be available, and are prepared to buy and deliver it.

4. You think this idea needs work.

I'll be flying to Greece on the last week of September. According to the Finnair website, they have the 2064 Air Ambulance in stock. However, it seems that Athens is not on the list of scheduled flights where goods are sold. Seems odd. I'll try to snatch a few sets if it's possible, but naturally cannot guarantee anything.

Sorry for going off-topic (and for being a total noobie :-/ ), but how do you people like to handle payments? Is this thread supposed to deal with this question?

I'll try to snatch a few sets if it's possible, but naturally cannot guarantee anything.

Cool!

Sorry for going off-topic (and for being a total noobie :-/ ), but how do you people like to handle payments? Is this thread supposed to deal with this question?

Yes, but I will clarify my post. In short, people should arrange payments and prices themselves. (Personally I use PayPal.)

Great thread idea Sinner ;-)

I would really like a copy of the following if someone is willing to help me ;-)

I already have 4778 & 7214 and I truly love those sets !!

Sorry for going off-topic (and for being a total noobie :-/ ), but how do you people like to handle payments?

Don't be sorry for beeing a newbie ;-)

Regarding payments, I think paypal is by far the easiest thing for everyone ;-)

So think of me if you come accross one of those great sets ;-)

Really many tks in advance ;-)

Promo aid system On !!

*yoda*

Just to really increase the number of promos, USUALLY LEGO has only a single release of a set but 4032 has had 12+ different sets of stickers releases, so when you ask for 4032 you need to probably also indicate which country/stickers you want. Some are VERY VERY RARE, others very common (appearing on eBay all the time).

Personally I collect these and usually buy alot of them for our physical store/bricklink store, so I can check our stock/prices and see if I can make up some decent stock, but alot of these were bought back at high USD/CAD exchange, which is not almost par so our costs are kinda high, but we do have probably 10+ airline promos. But I am sure we can find some good deals/prices to offer.

newest to oldest that I think we have stock on

2064 - soon but only a few and they are not cheap 30-40 USD it seems

2531 - heli with load

2147 - tiny plan with 2 vehicles

I'll be flying to Greece on the last week of September. According to the Finnair website, they have the 2064 Air Ambulance in stock. However, it seems that Athens is not on the list of scheduled flights where goods are sold. Seems odd. I'll try to snatch a few sets if it's possible, but naturally cannot guarantee anything.

I'm very interested in the 2064 set and would like you to get 1 for me please after discussing shipping costs to the UK

Sorry for going off-topic (and for being a total noobie :-/ ), but how do you people like to handle payments?

I'd like to use Paypal - can we discuss this in PM please

Personally I collect these and usually buy alot of them for our physical store/bricklink store

Could you give us a link to your bricklink store please :-)

I'm very interested in the 2064 set and would like you to get 1 for me please after discussing shipping costs to the UK

As I mentioned, according to the Finnair website it is uncertain that I will be able to get my hands on the set. As I have nothing to offer yet, I will take no subscriptions. Just trying to avoid possible disappointments later on...

jamtf suspected (in this thread) that they might have 2064 in stock at Schiphol airport, and I'd place my bets on somebody getting a hold of a lot of those planes before I even start packing for my trip to Greece (the board being full of Dutch people and all :-) ).

So hang on.

Good idea Sinner!

So here the list of the promo set I really like to have:

So Paksu or other, if you can help us, the non-plane-travellers it will be very greatfull!

Thanks in advance! ;-)

Great thread idea Sinner ;-)

Thanks! I have added your wants to the list

Personally I collect these and usually buy alot of them for our physical store/bricklink store, so I can check our stock/prices and see if I can make up some decent stock, but alot of these were bought back at high USD/CAD exchange, which is not almost par so our costs are kinda high, but we do have probably 10+ airline promos. But I am sure we can find some good deals/prices to offer.

Well, to be honest, the main point of this was to help people avoid buying on BrickLink and eBay as people there are trying to make money. :-$ (Not that there is anything wrong with that. X-D ) Bricklink isn't a secret after all. :-P Even so, I have added what you have to the list. Please post your store name and I will add it as well.

I

Good idea for a thread like this, Sinner! *y*

My pleasure. You have been added. Ahhghhghghghg! *skull*

My pleased. You have been added. Ahhghhghghghg! *skull*

Uhhh, thanks for adding me, I think... :-D ;-)

Hey sinner - cool thread

Can I extend my interest in promo sets to include 1 of each of the sets you detailed please :-)

Hey sinner - cool thread

Can I extend my interest in promo sets to include 1 of each of the sets you detailed please :-)

Thanks. *sweet* Your interest has been extended. 8-|

Great idea with this promo clob.

I love promotional. I am very interested in these sets:

I am goin to spain in october, flyins with the scandinavian airline SAS, I don

Great idea with this promo clob.

I love promotional. I am very interested in these sets:

Thanks, you have been added to the List. >:-)

I am goin to spain in october, flyins with the scandinavian airline SAS, I don

I own most of them already and I have a different promo set that I would not mind parting with.

Link:

1548 Stena Line Promo Ferry

It is - of course"* cough* - MISB and never opened! It dates from 1992 and is an all brick boat with stickers and without minifigs. I am not going to answer PMs asking how much I need for the set but I am willing to listen to serious offers from fellow EB-ers that are willing to buy or trade for it. The original box is in excellent shape.

Also, there are these 1831 Maersk Line trucks that I think have not been mentioned before. They are similar to the 2149 Color Line ones. And there is also a nice 1029 Tine Milk Delivery truck. Unofrtunately, these are not available on cruises or flights.

I am mostly interested in:

considering the fact I have the majority of the others already.

nice idea :)

i would be really interested in getting a copy of 2064 (emergency plane), it's one missing to my hospital collection :'-(

Added, you have been. X-D

The one I really want is the seaplane :'-)

I'd be willing to trade some EP2 clones for it

Piranha