Sign in to follow this  
Apache

WW- Bandit Ambush MOC

It was one of those nights where the TV seems boring, and LEGO's sounded good. I was converting some non WW figs into western Bandits. Bad news for the Sheriff and co.

P1010117.jpg

bandits.jpg

Edited by Apache

For those who aren't familiar with Western Bandits (like me) do you happen to have individual pictures of the custom mini-figures?

Very nice assortment of custom WW bandits Apache. I also like the small cave/hideout. A good western scene would not be complete without some sort of hiding place for these great WW villains you put together.

I esp. like the Southerner with the grey cap and black bandana, as well as the bandit with Indian face. He looks real good.

It's great to see someone else making some quality WW scenes/MOCs. Nice job!

I noticed a few confederates in there. And the scenery is wonderful. Keep up the good work. *y*

Thanks for the kind words. I'll take some pictures of the figures individually. I'm awaiting a bricklink order, which should provide for some more interesting western customs.

I always liked idea of the rogue confederates traveling west after the civil war. My favorite westerns always had these characters in them, so I guess they will play an important role in my mocs. And of course my favorite part of the genre are the Apaches, but I'm still working on custom head gear for those bad boys.

gang.jpg

(A trio of bandits, from left to right: Ned Smith, Reb, Cactus Jack)

I obtained these figures from a Craigslist Lot. Ned Smith is what you can do with those cheap Johnny Thunder heads, a plain white torso and black pants. Throw on a cowboy hat, a bandanna, and a pair of six guns, and you've got yourself the meanest buckaroo this side the Lego Grande.

I'm not sure what set the Reb torso comes from, but I put the grey kepi from the rockraider guy in the lot on him and the black bandanna does him pretty good. I love the look of the sharps on him as well.

Cactus Jack is just that Harry Potter torso. Some might not think in a good WW torso and legs, but I love it. I used that other Rock Raider head, it is one of my favs.

Enjoy

Edited by Apache

Brickster, a closeup of Cherokee Bill. A half-breed son of a gun who has no qualms over shooting minifigs in the back. He carries a sharps breechloader, cherokee breastplate, and union pants. Some say he served in a Sharpshooter regiment from Ohio during the War. Others report that he had no part in the war, and probably either killed a soldier or took them off a dead one. Cherokee Bill is a crack shot with his Sharps. He has never had the use for a pistol, but does carry a knife if the fighting gets close. An excllent tracker, marksmen, and horsebreaker. He usually is a loner, drifting from one gang of outlaws to the other, he prefers to loot, rob, and steal horses on this own.

halfbreed.jpg

gang2.jpg

Reb, Cactus Jack, and Mexican Bob emerging from there hideout. My dog found a gopher hole at the GF's house and he dug it out. I said " That looks like a cave, BINGO!"

Edited by Apache

I'm not sure what set the Reb torso comes from, but I put the grey kepi from the rockraider guy in the lot on him and the black bandanna does him pretty good. I love the look of the sharps on him as well.

The torsro comes from Rudo Villano of the J. T. brazil theme. ;-) You're pouring great pics by the way. :-)

gang2.jpg

Reb, Cactus Jack, and Mexican Bob emerging from there hideout. My dog found a gopher hole at the GF's house and he dug it out. I said " That looks like a cave, BINGO!"

This is excellent Apache! I love the background.

I've said this before, but I really prefer these authentic image/scene backgrounds over cartoon/old WW backgrounds. It really looks great. I'd love to see some more MOCs from you (esp. some town/buildings).

Some nice work there! Well done!

God Bless,

Nathan

Now this is nice.

I really like your bandits and their hideout *sweet*

Norro, Errorist, many thanks!

gunfight.jpg

3 versus 1, hardly fair!

Edited by Apache

reaper.jpg

In honor of the Brickster. "El Diablo!"

CattleBaronandhiredhand.jpg

Two more converted WW figures. The one on the left has become my Cattle Baron while the other a hired gun. Lego Cattle would be nice.

Edited by Apache

Brickforge is coming out with some cows/bulls soon...so you will have Lego cattle!

(www.brickforge.com, look at the part about "where's the beef, where's the bacon?")

DSC08430.jpg

Edited by Thrash

gang2.jpg
you must have some very interesting terrain/rock formations by you Apache, to have taken this photo. very cool.

i have come to really enjoy wild west terrain building, myself... and i like what you did in the original post. though, im surprised to not see some custom torsos (i think we talked about customs a while ago, right ???) to diversify your bandits.

so, now that you have expand the western population, what's your next move for the theme ??? ;-)

- BM

you must have some very interesting terrain/rock formations by you Apache, to have taken this photo. very cool.

i have come to really enjoy wild west terrain building, myself... and i like what you did in the original post. though, im surprised to not see some custom torsos (i think we talked about customs a while ago, right ???) to diversify your bandits.

so, now that you have expand the western population, what's your next move for the theme ??? ;-)

- BM

Miner, glad to see your back. Hadn't seen you post in a while. Alot of factors slowed down the customization part of my life. Work started up, *sniff, the endless summer must end, and I can't get online with my personal computer or use photoshop, virus. I'm going to have to reformat, so I can use photoshop. I've got a pack of decal paper ready to go, but only have those two torso's drawn. I want to design some custom faces

terrain- yes, I'm out in good ol AZ, I've got great natural landscapes!

Next move- I've got two custom hats that I sculpted and need to sand them down before I try to cast them in resin. I am going to start working on some Apache headgear (longish hair with a bandana.) and a Mexican somberro would be NICE! I toyed around with a bonnet, like you had suggested, but I think that might be hard to cast.

Miner, glad to see your back. Hadn't seen you post in a while.
yes, real work got busy - and still is. but im photographing my next MOC this week, and it got me missing EB.
terrain- yes, I'm out in good ol AZ, I've got great natural landscapes!
oh, nice... i've visited AZ a few times now, that last time was this past winter. i really love the mountain climbing out there. camleback in phoenix provides some great views.
Next move- I've got two custom hats that I sculpted and need to sand them down before I try to cast them in resin. I am going to start working on some Apache headgear (longish hair with a bandana.) and a Mexican somberro would be NICE! I toyed around with a bonnet, like you had suggested, but I think that might be hard to cast.
somberro would be nice... can't wait to see what you come up with !!!

- BM

yes, real work got busy - and still is. but im photographing my next MOC this week, and it got me missing EB.

oh, nice... i've visited AZ a few times now, that last time was this past winter. i really love the mountain climbing out there. camleback in phoenix provides some great views.

somberro would be nice... can't wait to see what you come up with !!!

- BM

New Moc? NICE! The suspense is killing me

AZ, did you get to get out into the rural parts? I'm in North Phoenix now, but grew up south in Tucson. I've hiked and camped all over the state, and grew up loving the history and culture. Guess thats why WW legos are my favs. Yeah camelback does have nice views, but too many people for me.