• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

Posted Image

I love the new Aqua Raiders line, but that doesn't mean that I won't tweak the designs so they are more to my liking!

Posted Image

This started out as 7772, although there really isn't much left of the original design!  :-P  I didn't like how the cockpit wasn't even close to being water tight. Thus, using mostly parts from 4888 Ocean Odyssey, I expanded it.

Posted Image

The double track design was my main goal, and that is why it became a lot bigger. I tried many designs, but until I started bulking it up more it didn't work for me. I love these little tracks; they look good and they roll well. (Unlike the large ones...)

Posted Image

The landing platform for the water scooter from 7771 wasn't part of the plan, but it fit well.

Posted Image

I plan to make some modules for the back as part of the mining operation.

Posted Image

I love this submarine. I have been annoying my wife with it for a while going "ping". Fun stuff.  X-D The original design was too short for my liking.

Posted Image

I also removed the shooting thing, and attached it to the main body without pegs. This made room for the little robot, and I also made him a friend.

Posted Image

The original prop placment really bothered me; especially since there is a clear shaft aft of the engine. It took me a while before I found a way to attach the prop and the rudder in a way that I liked.

Posted Image

I also added forward hydroplanes and an airlock. (There is another door inside.) I'm still not 100% happy with the insides yet so no photos yet!

Feel free to comment or to post photos of your own Aqua Raiders mocs.  *sweet* Thanks for looking.  :-P

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#2 MatthewUSA

MatthewUSA

Member: 1446

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:49 AM

Sinner, your Aqua Raider MOC's are very, very  *sweet* .  I really  *wub* the track design you came up with for the crawler.  I give you two  *y* up for these.  AWESOME WORK.  Model On!!

#3 SirNadroj

SirNadroj

• Rock Hard ABS

Member: 998

Posted 14 August 2007 - 02:08 PM

Very well done!!!  *y*  I must say, the crawler one looks better than the original!  :-)

#4 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

Wow, what you´ve done to that bobcat.... that´s great! A wonderful MOC, with very
cool tracks and a lot of functionality with that platform for the scooter.  *y*
Your MODs with the sub´re also very nice, especially that airlock.... it always bothered
me that there´s none in the original design.  :-|
I´ve plans for replacing the shooter thingy with an airlock on myself, ´cause I always
thought that set could need a lot more senseful features.
Very good job, Sinner.  :'-)

#5 trooperdavinfelth

trooperdavinfelth

Member: 1223

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Bravo, Sinner! Bravo! I am very intrigued by your models, especially the crawler. *clap clap clap* ;-)
Join the Clone Commando Pod Republic Commando Clan!
In which users from all over the world join to share their love of Star Wars: Republic Commando!

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild!
In which users from across the globe come together to share their love of Lego Star Wars and MOCing!

For gosh's sakes, people! THEY ARE PRELIMINARY!

On the semi-crappy looking early 2009 sets.

#6 captaintau

captaintau

• Two Drink Minimum

Member: 525

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

I don't have the sub' so I won't comment on that. The tracked vehicle, well I agree about the non-watertightedness. Always struck me as a tad stupid. But then I suppose no more so than any SW starfighter that had huge great gaps in the cockpit.

What you've done is great. It looks more than a complete redesign than a tweak, though. The platform for the scooter is a nice touch, if unintentional.

Nice work.

#7 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt

Member: 486

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:14 AM

These mods are so good I pooped my pants a little. :-$ I especially like the 7772 mod. The vehicle as it came with the set is so useless...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now playing Pudding–Head in TinyPiesRUs's Ragnarok 3, Heart of Darkness (like the documentary of Apocalypse Now)

#8 El Bucanero

El Bucanero

• Kiwi addiction!

Member: 851

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

Nice Mods Mr Sinner!

I don't have these sets myselfs so I can't say whether this looks better or not, but I can say I love the look of that enlarged submarine!! *wub*

The other mod, well, this is how TLC should have made it! It looks alot better than the real set. Good idea making the cockpit "watertight".

You really did well Mr Sinner!

Mr Tiber

#9 Brainbox

Brainbox

• A real Joe 90

Member: 1092

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

Very nice. I really like the crawler. Bulky, yet somehow sleek. And it's clearly a completely new model, but there're definitely bits of the old model in it.

View PostSinner, on Aug 14 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I also removed the shooting thing, and attached it to the main body without pegs. This made roo for the little robot, and I also made him a friend.
I too removed the launcher from mine, but I instead filled in the front and made a placement for the diving thing that was there already. But now I've seen yours, I may have to MOD mine a little more than just that.
Yep, I'm back! Be afraid...

My Brickshelf Gallery

#10 Quarryman

Quarryman

• It's crap (again)

Member: 1620

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

View PostSinner, on Aug 14 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I love this submarine. I have been annoying my wife with it for a while going "ping". Fun stuff.  X-D The original design was too short for my liking.

Ah, I see you have the machine that goes ping. This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.
:-D

As for your mods I think they're very nice, especially the 7772 based one, after all, in the set it's way too small, your design is much better. :-)

#11 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

Thanks for all the comments!  *sweet*  I'm glad that no one prefered the old crawler.

View PostAsuka, on Aug 15 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

I´ve plans for replacing the shooter thingy with an airlock on myself, ´cause I always
thought that set could need a lot more senseful features.
Very good job, Sinner.  :'-)

I considered putting the airlock in the front but didn't as I liked the window in the front, but mostly because real ones are in the conning tower after all.

View Postcaptaintau, on Aug 15 2007, 12:39 AM, said:

The tracked vehicle, well I agree about the non-watertightedness. Always struck me as a tad stupid. But then I suppose no more so than any SW starfighter that had huge great gaps in the cockpit.

Are any Star Wars models that bad? None that I can think of are.

View Posthinckley39, on Aug 15 2007, 01:14 PM, said:

These mods are so good I pooped my pants a little. :-$ I especially like the 7772 mod. The vehicle as it came with the set is so useless...

Strewth! That is a complement!  8-| Last time I pooped my pants it was... actually you probably don't want to hear about that.  :-$

View PostBrainbox, on Aug 16 2007, 05:11 AM, said:

Very nice. I really like the crawler. Bulky, yet somehow sleek. And it's clearly a completely new model, but there're definitely bits of the old model in it.

It took several re-designs until I could get the tracks so the design would work going over obstacles. I originally wanted the cockpit to be between the tracks, but I couldn't get it to work.  :'-(

View PostBrainbox, on Aug 16 2007, 05:11 AM, said:

I too removed the launcher from mine, but I instead filled in the front and made a placement for the diving thing that was there already. But now I've seen yours, I may have to MOD mine a little more than just that.

Mine will take the "diving thing" in there as well. I removed a lot from the bow and aside from the outside curves most has been replaced. Once you remove the ability to separate the front and back you save a lot of room, but the problem then is that the front and main body aren't designed to align.... The whole mod ended up being a lot harder than I expected.

I'll have to post some of my other mods. I am particually happy with my Imperial Landing Craft enhancements...

#12 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt

Member: 486

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:41 AM

View PostSinner, on Aug 15 2007, 08:52 PM, said:

Strewth! That is a complement!  8-| Last time I pooped my pants it was... actually you probably don't want to hear about that.  :-$

*wacko* you forget who you're talking to...of couse I do! X-D

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Now playing Pudding–Head in TinyPiesRUs's Ragnarok 3, Heart of Darkness (like the documentary of Apocalypse Now)

#13 Serengeti

Serengeti

Member: 1040

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

I am not a fan of AR but that submarine is really fantastic!

Of course a yellow submarine is appropriate if your a beatles fan but it be great to see it in grey also.

Also, I have to go check out the new AR stuff as I didn't know a set now had tracks that would be perfect for making military tanks :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

MinifigTimes.com    Leaving no brick unturned in the search for scandals

#14 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:03 PM

View Posthinckley39, on Aug 16 2007, 01:41 PM, said:

*wacko* you forget who you're talking to...of couse I do! X-D

Perhaps as a PM...  X-D

View PostCalvin, on Aug 20 2007, 08:43 PM, said:

I am not a fan of AR but that submarine is really fantastic!

Of course a yellow submarine is appropriate if your a beatles fan but it be great to see it in grey also.

Thanks! I think you could be waiting a while for Lego to make a grey sub! I have been considering making a black one though as I believe I have enough pieces to do it....

View PostCalvin, on Aug 20 2007, 08:43 PM, said:

Also, I have to go check out the new AR stuff as I didn't know a set now had tracks that would be perfect for making military tanks :)

The tracks are small but very flexible. I like them.

#15 Serengeti

Serengeti

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

View PostSinner, on Aug 20 2007, 01:03 PM, said:

I think you could be waiting a while for Lego to make a grey sub! I have been considering making a black one though as I believe I have enough pieces to do it....
The tracks are small but very flexible. I like them.

Yes black would also be good I think.

Is the AR set with the tracks new this year? I cannot find a picture of an AR set with tracks. If so, any idea on the cost?

#16 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

View PostCalvin, on Aug 20 2007, 09:48 PM, said:

Is the AR set with the tracks new this year? I cannot find a picture of an AR set with tracks. If so, any idea on the cost?
Yes, it's a new set, but they all are! Supposedly this is the first and last year for this theme. As for the price, i'm not sure where you are from so click the picture to find it out!  *sweet*

Posted Image

#17 Serengeti

Serengeti

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:59 PM

View PostSinner, on Aug 20 2007, 01:53 PM, said:

Yes, it's a new set, but they all are! Supposedly this is the first and last year for this theme. As for the price, i'm not sure where you are from so click the picture to find it out!  *sweet*
[/url]

Thanks alot for the link. It's about 20euro. You must have bought a few of these sets to build your MOC. Kinda expensive as I would only be buying it for the tracks and there's only 2 tracks per set. I think I'll check and see if TLC sell them as spare parts!

#18 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 20 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

View PostCalvin, on Aug 20 2007, 09:59 PM, said:

You must have bought a few of these sets to build your MOC. Kinda expensive as I would only be buying it for the tracks and there's only 2 tracks per set.

Actually only one. Most of the rest of the parts, including the other set of tracks and the canopy, come from the excellent 4888. (The side windows come from 7905.)

Posted Image

#19 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

Wow, thats what I call modding a great theme hehe and great sets  8-°

I trully love your 7772 extensions  8-°  Really looks great !!
How I wish to see more cool great underwater exploration sets  ;-)

Dive On !!

*yoda*

#20 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:46 PM

8-° Who knew a bucket-obsessed walrus could be so good at remodelling!  Very nice; I like what you did to the vehicle with treads, it totally owns the original.
"Once, there was only darkness. If you ask me, the light's winning"

#21 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

View Postxwingyoda, on Aug 26 2007, 08:09 AM, said:

Wow, thats what I call modding a great theme hehe and great sets  8-°

I trully love your 7772 extensions  8-°  Really looks great !!
Thanks! Sometimes I think Lego deliberatly make silly designs just to motivate people to redesign them!  :-P 7772 lasted about a day before I broke it!

View Postxwingyoda, on Aug 26 2007, 08:09 AM, said:

How I wish to see more cool great underwater exploration sets  ;-)
...and you will!  *sweet*

View PostLieutenant Colonel Thok, on Aug 29 2007, 09:46 PM, said:

8-° Who knew a bucket-obsessed walrus could be so good at remodelling!  Very nice; I like what you did to the vehicle with treads, it totally owns the original.
Thanks very much!  :-$ I do have the advantage over Lego though that I don't have to meet a price point.  X-D I'll have to post my Star Wars mods next...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users