blackdeathgr

MOC Trading crew ideas

Hi there!

I am thinking about transforming 10210 into a huge trading ship, since we have few around in these waters and apart from adding many barrels, life boats, swivel guns, further improving captain's cabin and stuff, i would like some neutral trading crew ideas, pictures or just descriptions of torsos and stuff. Since i have never opened a topic here, feel free to alter its name if you feel it needs changing. Thanks for your help beforehand.

10210-1.jpg

Edited by Phred
by Phred: Added Image

I added an image to your topic to hopefully increase participation. Not everyone knows what set number 10210 looks like.

Honestly, I would suggest to make a trade ship from the scratch... The IFS is so much worth nowadays that it would be too expensive to use it just as a base.

Cheers! Thanks for the photo. Since i already own the ship, so no extra cash spent, i would like to experiment on it a bit. Someone should transport those supplies to the faraway military outposts at the middle of the seas pirate_classic.gif

Well, staying on the topic, any sailor ideas besides the obvious mixing and matching of older and newer pirate torsos that aren't wearing torn clothes? pirate_tong.gif

Edited by blackdeathgr

I would also suggest building a ship from scratch. Otherwise it will probably be too similar to the IFS. But you should keep the hatches on deck. Or make better ones. So you can have a crane and load things in and out of the hold.

As for figures... Have you looked at the torsos of the Hobbit figures in LotR? Some of them have great civilian clothes. Could make a rich merchant out of one of them. I think Rodney Rathbone in Monster Hunters has a good civilian torso as well. But it might be too modern. I don't know when they started wearing ties...

Like Sigolf above said, the Hobbit/Lotr torsos can make great civilian merchants. I also use the Shakespeare CMF figure, torso and legs, as a wealthy merchant. There is also the CMF Actor figure, which is similar to the Shakespeare figure, but in a dark green color. You can check out my Thread, its on page 1 of the Pirate Moc forum, the one titled " Bluecoat fort,trading port, and coastal battery". There are a bunch of pics with possibly a few ideas you could use for merchants.

Thanks everybody for your ideas. i will be lurking some more at flickr to "borrow" some nice ideas and i will make my attempt afterwads pirate_satisfied.gif

Honestly, I would suggest to make a trade ship from the scratch... The IFS is so much worth nowadays that it would be too expensive to use it just as a base.

That's just a matter of personal choice... While my IFS is still in one piece, I will eventually take it apart and put those pieces into use somewhere else. For one, the four middle hull pieces will be combined with at least one more (taken from Queen Anne's Revenge for example) for something a little bigger.