Sign in to follow this  
jonfett

New Forum Title

Just to draw to your attention that we have changed 'LEGO Castle' to 'LEGO Castle & Pirates'.

Some members have been asking for a Pirates forum but we felt that as the two lines are so similar it would be better to have one forum for both.

I hope that nobody is upset by this (mister_phes ;)) but if you do feel the need to complain then just PM me and don't start a big rant of a topic :)

Your friendly Adminstrator,

Jon.

I hope that nobody is upset by this (mister_phes ;)) but if you do feel the need to complain then just PM me and don't start a big rant of a topic :)

Yes, I approve whole heartedly with this forum name. It makes perfect sense to have Pirate and Castle together, which is definitely better than before as Pirates didn't even get a mention!

However, you might want to change that to LEGO Castle, Pirate and Viking so you don't upset Blood Jay :-D

We will probably add Vikings as well to that forum in the future, for now we will see how Castle and Pirate cope with each other! ;)

Jon.

I agree, ninja was good ! They deserve a place. One hot topic could be the place fo the adventurers in egypt. it's both ancient and modern :-D

I might be misremembering, but I think Ninja were on the whole a stand alone line. At the very least, the logo makes no mention of it being connected to Castle. THen again, I seem to remember that being the case with all the space lines. They didn't exactly say Lego Space: Ice Planet. But anyway, they were great sets, and many of them had castle like elements.

Akkh

I might be misremembering, but I think Ninja were on the whole a stand alone line. At the very least, the logo makes no mention of it being connected to Castle. THen again, I seem to remember that being the case with all the space lines. They didn't exactly say Lego Space: Ice Planet. But anyway, they were great sets, and many of them had castle like elements.

Akkh

If you look through the old Lego Catalogues you'll notice very few of the themes had the theme title proceeded by the sub-theme title.

E.g. Imperial Guards were not Pirates: Imperial Guards

or Blacktron wasn't Space: Blacktron

And if you go here: http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalo...e/c93de-38.html

You'll see the 1993 catalogu page for Ice Planet 2002 and in the bottom left corner you'll see two Blacktron mini-figures encased in ice. If Ice Planet WASN'T part of the Space theme then it wouldn't have a tie in with another sub-theme from Space. Does that make sense? I always assumed it was a space sub-theme.

Elements aren't really an indication of which theme a sub-theme belongs to. Most elements appear in many themes anyway, eg castle elements also appeared in Pirates, Paradisa, Town, Adventurers, Western, etc.

Ninja on the other hand is a bit more ambiguous as there are no other sub-theme tie ins. And going by the 1999 catalogue there were NO castle sets available that year.

Well, think about it. Ninja sets were essentially castles. They had a bridge, a castle, enemy mini-castles, all that good stuff. It was referred to as Japan's feudal age, and feudalism is the system with knights/lords/kings/etc (in this case samurai/shogun/daimyo/emperor and all that good stuff, but still the same stuff) that so personified the medieval age. I'd say that the parallels between the two make the Ninja line at least somewhat classifiable under Castle.

Well that does make sense however the Ninja dudes only lasted for a mere 2 years... Poor ninja dudes...