Madoka's Imperial and Pirate Armies

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic  – Started by madoka , Jul 26 2007 04:02 AM

#1 madoka

madoka
  • memory lapse power shopper

Member: 1132

Posted 26 July 2007 - 04:02 AM

I haven't collected Pirates in years, but I finally got around to doing a census.  I've got:

- 159 Imperial Soldiers
- 367 Imperial Guard
- 53 Armada

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And of course they need Pirates and Islanders to fight, so:

- 665 Pirates
- 170 Islanders

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So my total loose population is 1414.  I've got another 300-400 still in box.

#2 Norrington

Norrington
  • Azufre Village Idiot

Member: 1009

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:04 AM

Holy sh*t! That's amazing! Oh my gods! I mean... Gods... that's amazing...

Edited by Norrington, 26 July 2007 - 05:05 AM.

Just returned from a 3 or so year dark age, so just getting back into the swing of things. :)

0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0
~Proprieter of Norrington's Fine Minifig Clothiers. Please visit my thread .~
~My MOCpages~My Maj Gallery~My Fan-Fiction.net Gallery~My Photobucket~My Brickshelf~My Youtube~

#3 Sinner

Sinner
  • Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:10 AM

Wow... and to think I thought I had too many Vikings. You aren't compensating for anything are you?  ;-)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#4 Piranha

Piranha
  • Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:15 AM

8-o Now thats a lot of pirate minifigs
its beautiful  *wub*
I wish I had that many Imperial Soldiers
Thanks for sharing

Piranha

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#5 madoka

madoka

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:26 AM

View PostSinner, on Jul 25 2007, 10:10 PM, said:

Wow... and to think I thought I had too many Vikings. You aren't compensating for anything are you?  ;-)

Actually I've thought about this and in all seriousness, I do believe I am compensating for the fact that I only had ONE Lego set as a child.   8-(

If I had the time and space, I'd take pics of my castle population, which is in excess of 10,000 minifigs.   ;-)

#6 Lt. Col. Thok

Lt. Col. Thok
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 1188

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:32 AM

Mein Godt.  That is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
"Once, there was only darkness. If you ask me, the light's winning"

#7 Sinner

Sinner
  • Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:57 AM

View Postmadoka, on Jul 26 2007, 02:26 PM, said:

If I had the time and space, I'd take pics of my castle population, which is in excess of 10,000 minifigs.   ;-)

Strewth! What do you do with that many mini-figs? I have around 50,000 pieces of Lego and sometimes I think I am compensating for not enough Lego when I was a boy. (My wife thinks I am!) However, you have more castle minifig pieces than my entire collection!  8-o

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#8 Timento

Timento

Member: 1742

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:17 AM

Whoa, dude that's incredible  X-O
And to think that I only have:
6 Islanders
15 Pirates
2 Imperial Guards
THAT must've taken a lot of time to collect  *y*
Do you have all the pirate sets?
My very, very small Brickshelf gallery:
http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?m=timento

I don't like Legos, I love them ;)

#9 jamtf

jamtf

Member: 971

Posted 26 July 2007 - 07:30 AM

View Postmadoka, on Jul 26 2007, 07:26 AM, said:

Actually I've thought about this and in all seriousness, I do believe I am compensating for the fact that I only had ONE Lego set as a child.   8-(

Sounds familiar, I had more than one set but nothing compared to what other kids had. I had about 10-15 small and medium size sets, nothing major however.

Where did you get all these, if I may ask? Did you gradually buy them on eBay and/or BL or did you buy many new sets during the 90s that you opened up for the minifigs?

I do not own as many minifigs as you but I think I have more Steves and anchor guys!

Anyway, envy on!  :-P

Edited by jamtf, 26 July 2007 - 07:44 AM.

Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#10 Sir Norman Ray

Sir Norman Ray

Member: 1808

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:09 AM

Gott in Himmel! No wonder there's a Shako shortage!
Nice work mate, thats all I can say
-Gentlemen.
The South Essex Sir!
Posted Image I'm going to be there, will you?

#11 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!

Member: 851

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

That's a very big army, you've even bested Mr Bonaparte in numbers...
That a look in this thread if you want to see his army.

Wish I had that much pirate figs...

Mr Tiber

#12 oDDerFisken

oDDerFisken

Member: 1042

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:10 AM

That is SO impressive!.. really.. Saw the pics already yesterday sometime at BS and i was about to post it this morning, but good that you did it before me :-$

Do you have weapons for all of them too? At the moment it looks loke the Imperial army will win since they are the only ones with guns.

#13 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

View PostMr Tiber, on Jul 26 2007, 09:23 AM, said:

That's a very big army, you've even bested Mr Bonaparte in numbers...
That a look in this thread if you want to see his army.

What? An army that is bigger than my French army? I can't let that happen. Bricklink tonight  :-D
Serious, you have an incredible collection of minifigs Madoka.
The reason why I don't call it an army yet, is because it still lacks organization.
I would organize these troops in regiments, corps, make flags and standards.
Are you still planning to do things like this?

However, it's great to see all these figs !

Arms race ON !!

Edited by bonaparte, 26 July 2007 - 11:13 AM.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#14 jamtf

jamtf

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:06 PM

Judging the number of red imperial guards and the red and black striped shirt pirates with blue bandana, I think he cannibalized many of his sealed 6247 Bounty Boats that he once showed still sitting inside a Lego shipping carton.  8-o
Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#15 Fordo

Fordo
  • Imperium Maius

Member: 1106

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:42 PM

I saw this army while browsing Brickshelf its incredible how many Infantry you have!  *wub* As Bonaparte said the only thing it lacks is organization, and a mix of troops to be a real army. (Calvary, Artillery, etc.)

#16 SirNadroj

SirNadroj
  • Rock Hard ABS

Member: 998

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Yikes! *y*

#17 Hussar

Hussar

Member: 1732

Posted 27 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

Holy Mother of all things sacred.

Also, did you just say 10.000 castle minifigs? As in TEN THOUSAND? The words "in awe" are not enough to describe my feelings.

#18 madoka

madoka

Posted 27 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

To answer some of the questions in this thread:

1.  Yes, I went Pirate complete a several years ago.  That's about when I stopped actively collecting any Pirate.

2.  I bought the vast majority as sets back in the mid-90s.  I used to sell my spares before BL existed on RTL.  I believe I was one of the first major online dealers at the time.  Only Todd's Auczilla was bigger.

3.  Yes, I have weapons for all the figs.  I'm almost compulsive about it.  However, it would take me double the time to display them all with their weapons, so I didn't.  Really, I wanted to a do census of what I got so I'm currently concentrating on the collections that aren't actively growing right now.  I'm working on Ninja and then I'll do Space afterwards.

4.  I actually organize my castle forces much more.  I don't have any plans on organizing Pirates, though I have hundreds of canons and horses I could use I suppose.

5.  Yes, I've got well over 10,000 castle minifigs.  Individual armies are now numbering in the thousands, so I don't know how I'm going to be able to take pics of that many.  Castle is where the vast majority of my resources goes into.  I've also got the largest Lego barding collection in the world.  I'm around 1,000 pieces.  Man, that took a long time and a scary amount of money to get that many bardings.

#19 jamtf

jamtf

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

View Postmadoka, on Jul 27 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

1.  Yes, I went Pirate complete a several years ago.  That's about when I stopped actively collecting any Pirate.

2.  I bought the vast majority as sets back in the mid-90s.  I used to sell my spares before BL existed on RTL.  I believe I was one of the first major online dealers at the time.  Only Todd's Auczilla was bigger.

Ah, that explains. I got a little late out of a 20+ years dark age so I did not get any pirate sets in the 90s and was forced to buy the majority of them online in the 21st century at (sometimes) high prices and without the possibility of buying huge amounts of sets for army building let alone store discounts that were most likely applicable back then.  :-/

View Postmadoka, on Jul 27 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

5.  Yes, I've got well over 10,000 castle minifigs.  Individual armies are now numbering in the thousands, so I don't know how I'm going to be able to take pics of that many.  Castle is where the vast majority of my resources goes into.  I've also got the largest Lego barding collection in the world.  I'm around 1,000 pieces.  Man, that took a long time and a scary amount of money to get that many bardings.

It would not be (financially) sane to copy that sort of spending behaviour now since the older bardings are fetching well over $10 a piece on BL.  8-o

Posted Image

#20 Bonaparte

Bonaparte
  • Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:00 AM

View Postmadoka, on Jul 27 2007, 10:21 AM, said:

3.  Yes, I have weapons for all the figs.  I'm almost compulsive about it.  However, it would take me double the time to display them all with their weapons, so I didn't.  Really, I wanted to a do census of what I got so I'm currently concentrating on the collections that aren't actively growing right now.  I'm working on Ninja and then I'll do Space afterwards.

4.  I actually organize my castle forces much more.  I don't have any plans on organizing Pirates, though I have hundreds of canons and horses I could use I suppose.

I have to ask, what do you do for a living?
You don't have to answer....  ;-)

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#21 Grand Moff Viceroy

Grand Moff Viceroy

Member: 1601

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

wow! that is certainly larger than the clone army of about 590 soldiers on brickshelf. It is the largest yet, and I respect thee. Must  have taken up a lot of time, eh? Remember, I myself am building one, so watch out.Hehe :-D

#22 ZeekyBoogeyDoog

ZeekyBoogeyDoog

Member: 1760

Posted 28 July 2007 - 03:51 AM

*impressed whistle* Wow!  8-o

#23 Eased

Eased

Member: 4611

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:21 PM

FINALLY an Islander army  :kahuka: !!!!!
If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you. If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.

#24 Captain Blackmoor

Captain Blackmoor
  • Hates Redcoats, likes crab meat

Member: 4015

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

*STUNNED*

I just realize in the village where I live in real, live about 800 citizens!  :pir_wacko:

Sail to My Brickshelf or to My MOCpages, or my Flickr Photostream!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines  - Index of helpful tutorials

Avalonia Trading Company

#25 Abaddon127

Abaddon127

Member: 6143

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

That is very impressive.  I would love to see your Castle armies as well if possible.  If not, I understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links