Hello everyone! In this topic I want to talk about building a deeply modernized version of a set of 42029. In general, set the stage for another spy photos have already caused a lot of questions, and when he appeared officially for me so, he became the "most in need of modernization" set in 2014.

That's what I decided to change in this set:

According to the technique:

Added full motorization at RU, including - movement and functional.

Actually, I do not understand the functionality of the original set of tippers. Maybe I'm wrong, but the dump with an independent rear suspension is extremely rare. Then either need to change the suspension of the bridge, for greater realism, or remove function truck. I think it will choose the second option, because I plan to make a cabin-style double cab. I think the function itself truck replaced by remotely connected front-wheel drive.

Another motorized function I do my favorite winch.

TnCETD-GaKY.jpg

I kept independent suspension front and rear. The drive is full, as I said, the plug. Front axis completely redone.

Replaced by a V6 V8 - so abruptly, and space allows.

In appearance:

Cab I zoom in on one door. Instead, the rear row of seats installed electrics and wiring.

Body decreased by 2 times, a la Toyota Hilux.

Color black.

yjXC6b41JY0.jpg

Electric:

XL motor - Driving

Servo motor - Steering

M motor - Winch

M motor - Switch-on front transmission

2 IR recievers for 4 RC functions

Switch - LED lights

gDBL01A10ek.jpg

Video:

fk8nkAjiR2Y.jpgdrQNSU-O6_w.jpgXmgXwR0Bfcs.jpgLOUXbXCHavc.jpgvTRd8vg7QHs.jpgTFnSLoYVVFA.jpgCe9EnaJcq6U.jpg3CCkK0X-FDY.jpg

Edited by filsawgood

What is it with Russians and designing awesome badass trucks :laugh: Love it!

Russians are hungry for good cars and good roads. Only good offroad trucks can help us:)

Sad, but true: LADA is piece of crap:)

Filsawgood, truck is very cool!

Edited by rm8

Wow that is BAD A.S.S. Nice how about a full on side pic

Edited by dougstar

Hello. A very nice design and color.

I think this is a very expandable model.

I've got the full Rc model built by Sariel with box and 2 large trucks ...

12345b.JPG12439b.jpg

12561b.JPG

Filsawgood, dont forget to add sticker about relation to "the fuel economy"

This ba$tard deserve it like no other MOC :laugh:

Edited by rm8

Thanks to all guys! Yet to build a model pushed me more is that the set was very flawed :) I'm upload video on yotube

Edited by filsawgood

I love the idea for the double cab. There are so many cars built in Technic. There are trucks a well, but the majority are very large ... such as large tow trucks, diesels, etc. These are all fine and dandy, but we rarely see good, personal, not commercial trucks. Great job.

Russians are hungry for good cars and good roads. Only good offroad trucks can help us:)

Sad, but true: LADA is piece of crap:)

As an aside, I love to see more MOCs of some of those crazy Soviet machines like the Lun-class экраноплан (ekranoplan) :P

Wow, really great MOD! More 4x4's from russian builders for the offroad gods! ;)

Front looks amazing, and dual cab are nice too.

What will you do next?

The tricky part is that the OP called it 42029 MOD himself. If he did this by a mistake (which is possible) then to the entry topic it goes! But if not, well it's very sad.

Edited by Omikron

The tricky part is that the OP called it 42029 MOD himself. If he did this by a mistake (which is possible) then to the entry topic it goes! But if not, well it's very sad.

It is clearly seen that model is realy far from 42029 set, the quantity of modifications is so big, so it is easier to count thing that was not modified. To say right, this model is not a mod, it is a MOC that was made is style of 42029 set.

Author, ask moderators to rename topic to MOC "customized doublecab pickup 42029 mk.2" I am sure it deserves to be a MOC more than MOD.

Edited by rm8

Perhaps also modify the front grill a bit, right now it's exactly the same as 42029's I think. That way it would definitely qualify :classic:

In this topic I want to talk about building a deeply modernized version of a set of 42029. In general, set the stage for another spy photos have already caused a lot of questions, and when he appeared officially for me so, he became the "most in need of modernization" set in 2014.

That's what I decided to change in this set:

While the off-roader looks good and could be an awesome MOC, you just can't deny the fact that OP insisted himself that this is a MOD.

I don't think simple rename would work. OP mentioned that this is "MOD" not only in the name, but in tags, and several times in the description also. It's difficult to count this as a simple mistake.

Anyway we need moderates in this thread so the final decision could be made.

Edited by Omikron

HI guys! I did some mew photos. They can be viewed model in more detail to see all the differences between the original set and my development.

Essentially unchanged in 42029 were only wings, and then, due to changes in the structure of the frame fasteners had to change.

General electrical installation entailed a lot of rework. Since installation of the motor to the drive and require the installation of down-angle transmission over the crossbar. A center differential lock actuator through the front axle and radically changed the machine base. Installed in front winch made to visually heavier than the original, but I think even steeper.

9uHgKTx6ff8.jpgo6PguJIiUPY.jpg

_TxNs3dTTbE.jpgrSAzVZ_15ko.jpg

jS5KPFRju_I.jpgyO1pEpTRIhw.jpg

Now the roof is a large trophy trunk with a grid (by the way there are hidden receivers, they are virtually invisible from the outside) and a huge chandelier with 6 lights - I love it in the 4x4.

XT0bSj2XqcY.jpgt8UiiXB4VBA.jpg

I really wanted to modify the exhaust. In the original, it is very boring ... also made of hose (I wonder where this can be found?). In the end, did it in style, Diesel Power.

baoA1rRH768.jpg

Headlights in the kit 42029 - awful, reminiscent of some rural tractor. I decided to do it in a more modern style.

sfxQ_t-gdfE.jpg

Well, the little door in the original nano kit - it's just the trouble. About seats in the cabin, I do not say anything. a feeling that the wheel of the pickup must drive midgets or dwarves :) So I worked on the size of the doors and made more streamlined lower threshold. Now there are no protruding pins and obscure holes.

xWr5xMynHBs.jpg

As I see it, it's all benefited and gave a set of completeness.

bFfiTOOp0jQ.jpg

I in no way want to offend Lego designers who came up with this set! This is a serious job and a great set, I just wanted to make it a little more interesting :) I hope I did it.

Edited by filsawgood

I made second video, it tried to show the possibility of driving a pickup truck and a small comparison with the official set. Feel the difference.