Capn Frank

Black Seas Barracuda MOD

pirates-indexed.gif 171C

It's a MOC that's been years in the making! ...years in storage that is. :look:

I had almost completed her right before placing it in storage a few years ago.

It's not quite complete. I really wanted to have the original BSB sails on it. For now, its got paper sails. :grin:

The intent for this MOC is the keep the look of the BSB, but give it some upgrades.

The Armada has been getting weary of their merchant vessels getting taken by pirates and privateers. They've hired the Evil Captain Phred to take on any vessels and supplied him with a merchant vessel that has been refitted and crewed to take on any pirate vessel.

BSB_MOD_01.jpg

Here's the figurehead and bow. No silliness was involved in the creation of this MOC. :wink:

BSB_MOD_02.jpg

Here's the stern. The captain's gig is now pulled out of the water.

BSB_MOD_03.jpg

Here's the gun deck. It features four 9-pounders, which are some pretty big guns to be placed on such a small vessel. Especially four of them. :cannon:

BSB_MOD_04.jpg

Here's the crows nests. Some Caribbean locals have brought along their journalist along.

BSB_MOD_05.jpg

Here's a wonderful view of the Evil Captain Phred. :grin:

And the navigator. Who seems to love drinking rum on the job.

BSB_MOD_06.jpg

Here's the captain's cabin. It's currently occupied by a regional governor.

BSB_MOD_07.jpg

Here's another view of the captain's cabin. As you can plainly see, he's on his laptop again for some reason.

BSB_MOD_08.jpg

Here's the entire crew. I was told that one of them is a Red Coats spy, but I am not sure which crew member that would be.

BSB_MOD_09.jpg

BSB_MOD_10.jpg * BSB_MOD_11.jpg * BSB_MOD_12.jpg

Access below deck is similar to the original BSB, which means it's not used.

Both anchors are fully functional.

BSB_MOD_13.jpg * BSB_MOD_14.jpg

Access to the captain's cabin is similar to the original BSB too. The helm and rudder are fully funtional.

BSB_MOD_15.jpg * BSB_MOD_16.jpg

Enjoy! Comments and criticism welcome.

At first I wasn't going to comment, my initial reaction being something like: "big deal". But I'm glad I took a closer look. You actually added a lot of detail to the old girl, and I rather like it. My favorite has to be those arms used for chains; they really look the part. Also, do I spy the gunner (my sig-fig) on the quarter deck? Hope they don't get lost. Nice! He must be what convinced me to swap out the guns. Thanks for sharing, it brightened my day.

Sorry, but you can't MOD that set. It's already too perfect a set for anyone to MOD.

KIDDING!

I like your MOds. The sails look nice, even if they are just place-holders.

The stern looks good. So does the gun deck, although I think you should add stairs or something =P

I'm not sure I like it. not my type of mod, I find it too modern looking and it loses something the original has. your veals looks realy good considering its paper ones I was surprised when I read it was paper. the clown meh I guess I like my classics too much. :P

Tanks for sharing :)

A good MOD with interesting additions to the crew (the guy with the blue spacesuit...?)... the rock monster?

Working rudder is great. I haven't worked that out yet.

Brick on!

Thanks for the comments.

Also, do I spy the gunner (my sig-fig) on the quarter deck? Hope they don't get lost. Nice! He must be what convinced me to swap out the guns. Thanks for sharing, it brightened my day.

I'm still sorting and unpacking my Lego, so I couldn't find a head with white bangs. I have always thought that the official cannons are much too large for prefab-hulled ships that aren't minifig illusion scaled.

So does the gun deck, although I think you should add stairs or something =P

There are two ladders that go down to the gun deck, and the stairs to the quarter deck is the same as the original BSB.

I find it too modern looking and it loses something the original has.

I'm curious to know what you mean by modern looking.

A good MOD with interesting additions to the crew (the guy with the blue spacesuit...?)... the rock monster?

Benny needed a ride looking for his lost dog. :wink: My 3 year old daughter thought that the rock monster would look perfect with the crew. :grin:

Working rudder is great. I haven't worked that out yet.

There was a four, rounded toothed gear that I used and it fits very nicely against the steering wheel.