The end of the wings look like new panels like the ones from the small dumptruck

sorry guys, my fault. I thought every one ones that pic from the other topics.

I can see a 4 cylinder fake engine in the front of the plane.

Do you guys think the colour scheme is orange and white or red and white? The earliest sources talked about red, but orange would look cool as well.

Compared to the parts of 42043 below, it is red and white. It's impressive that we get so many white sets in this year and sets with many white parts. 2015 is the white-colored year ever. I guess the box of 42040 has the same dimensions like the 42028 bulldozer box.

Edited by timtimgo87

I fail to see the point: You start a topic and have nothing to say?

That's never stopped you from creating topics, has it? :laugh::wink:

On topic: shame we've seen so little information about this set so far, seems like everyone at the toy fair has been ignoring it.

Edited by jantjeuh

That's never stopped you from creating topics, has it? :laugh::wink:

Now it's getting personal ... lol

For the record, all my posts always have questions and ask for the community's feedback/opinion. And if I recall, you always had something interesting to say in those threads :wink: . In this specific thread, the OP simply started what I'd call a 'place holder'.

You see the difference, or is it rather subtle?

Psst. Notice how now I use colored text to highlight keypoints, just to make it easy for the reader not to miss the key message?

Edited by DrJB

First of all, learn to take a joke :wink:

Secondly, let's leave the moderating to the moderators shall we.

First of all, learn to take a joke :wink:

Secondly, let's leave the moderating to the moderators shall we.

Of course it's in a good spirit. Dunno about you, but I'm laughing. It's a hobby, gotta enjoy it or find something else. And, I'm not moderating, I was simply trying to incite the OP to say/type more, maybe in a lightly 'sarcastic' tone, but sincerely in good faith.

Enough of this, who's got more pics of the red/orange/white plane?

Edited by DrJB

I don't have more pictures of this plane but I'm very curious about its B model. I think it can be helicopter or boat. By the way when I saw this plane first time I was surprised how close it is to my latest alternative model - position of wings, V4 fake engine, moving ailerons. Just landing gear is different.

1420908005m_SPLASH.jpg

This is a lot like 42028 last year, where we didn't get much information until much later. All the hype last year was about the Volvo and the Pickup truck, so it took some time for information to spread about 42028 after the fairs. I suspect it will be some time before some good information about 42040 will be available.

Ok I asked at promobricks.de for more pictures/information on the Fire Plane. Maybe he's got something.

UPDATE: There's definitely more pictures coming, including the Fire Plane, Promobricks took a lot of pictures and will post them in due time - best thing is to follow his twitter feed https://twitter.com/promobricks or the website http://www.promobricks.de/

Edited by Emmi

Dr JB those panels I meant, I was at work so couldn't look for the partnumber

Dr JB those panels I meant, I was at work so couldn't look for the partnumber

Yes, seems really to be the new panels in white, i'm almost sure!

I really like all 2H sets of this year, one better than the other!!!

i like the look of the plane from that shot.

only bought the buggy from the H1 sets as i collect those vehicles, don't like the end result for the le mans car ... which is a shame as i love le mans!

might buy the merc truck though, depends on the b model though !

i don't know why people make videos only about the big models and miss the smaller ones.

I can not imagine that Lego brings another color to the technic line for such a smaller model.

Never say never.. they did introduce light blue on the hot rod, which was pretty small

they did introduce light blue on the hot rod, which was pretty small

I know its not the topic, but I love the light blue and hope, we will se more technic sets with this color. Today my ordered light blue panelshas arrived an now I will update my 9392 quad from orange to light blue :wink:

Are you sure it is classic Red (like 42029, for example)?

It is a fire plane. What shade of red fits a fire plane best?

I say it has to be normal red. No doubt about it.