Sign in to follow this  
Walter Kovacs

Unrest in the Forest: Confirmation & Discussion

unrest_banner.png

cd1.png

It is midday in the Forest of Galidor, and the loggers from the nearby village are busy eating lunch. Burt is enjoying a hot cup of joe, while Ernie eats the sandwich his wife made for him.

Meanwhile, Walter is busy looking at a map of the forest, when something he sees strikes him as odd.

cd2.png

"Mr Big Chief, can you take a look at this?" Walter asks.

"Of course, Walter. What is it?"

"We've taken trees from all over this forest, with the exception of this area right here" Walter says, pointing to a spot on the map.

"Ah, yes. Take a look with these binoculars." Mr Big Chief hands the binoculars to Walter as he begins to explain:

cd3.png

"We've tried sending men into that section time after time, and whenever they get close, they suddenly get disoriented and wander the wrong direction. Every time. Most of us oldsters think that part of the wood is haunted, or perhaps magical. The trees there do seem bigger and stronger than most," Mr Big Chief explains.

"But it seems that is about to change. See, I received this note this morning, and it says that we will be allowed into that area tonight, but we may only take one specific tree, which will be pointed out to us later..."

The Rules, by which we shall play:

1. Each player will be given a character to play. That character will be aligned with either the Oaks or the Maples. To win the game, the Oaks must lynch or kill off all of the Maples, while the Maplesneed to outnumber the Oaks. Any Third Party characters will have their own win conditions.

2. Each day will be played out in its own topic. During the day you will be able to vote to expel (lynch) a player. Voting must be done in the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format: Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to expel (lynch) a player, meaning that over half of the remaining players must vote for the same player to warrant a lynch.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end after those 72 hours. After the day has concluded, a night will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of nighttime. You may not post about the game openly on Eurobricks during that time (but may continue to use private messages).

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. You may not quote/post anything sent to you by another player via PM. If you wish to use information gained in this way, you must do so in your own words only.

7. Do not play the game outside the day threads. Similarly, do not post out-of-character inside the day threads. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players (living or dead). Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

9. Don't edit your posts.

10. You must post in every day thread.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5-vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

12. If at any time another player asks you to violate these rules (for example, asking you to give them your role PM), report this to the host immediately along with PM proof of the violation.

The NPCs:

burt.png

Burt

ernie.png

Ernie

mr_big_chief.png

Mr Big Chief

walter.png

Walter

The Players:

adelaide.pngAdelaide Apple, played by Tiny Pies are Us

agnes.png

Agnes Cyprus, played by JackJonesPaw

alastair.png

Alastair Pear, played by Brickelodeon

barry.png

Barry Cherry, played by jluck

berty.png

Berty Birch, played by Dragonfire

bobby.png

Bobby Beech, played by Lord Duvors

bruce.png

Bruce Spruce, played by Tamamono

buck.png

Buck “Dollar” Poplar, played by Mencot

catarina.png

Catarina Dogwood, played by adventurer1

chester.png

Chester Chestnut, played by Lego Spy

clem.png

Clem Elm, played by Scaevola

hazel.png

Hazel Hazelnut, played by Goliath

jack.png

Jack Pine, played by mostlytechnic

larry.png

Larry Larch, played by TheLazyChicken

lassie.png

Lassie Sassafras, played by fhomess

lauren.png

Lauren Laurel, played by PirateDave84

maggie.png

Maggie Magnolia, played by Calanon

nash.png

Nash Ash, played by Zephyr

peter.png

Peter Cedar, played by badboytje88

sammy.png

Sammy Sycamore, played by Fugazi

simon.png

Simon Persimmon, played by Hinckley

sue.png

Sue Sumac, played by Bob

vicky.png

Vicky Hickory, played by Stickfig

waldorf.png

Waldorf Walnut, played by jamesn

william.png

William Willow, played by Scubacarrot

I will never be able to tell everyone apart by their looks alone.

*bruce shakes his leaves*

*Catarina Dogwood stands tall to reach the sun*

*Looking around at what is left of the forest*

Hmm, aren't Sumac trees poisonous? Yes, yes they are toxic to humans. :laugh:

Rustling leaves sway in the wind.

"Allo? Anyone there?"

Root beer, anyone?

Maggie sways in such a way that can only be taken as nodding

I will never be able to tell everyone apart by their looks alone.

*bruce shakes his leaves*

Actually, there are 5 different tree sizes, and each player has his own trunk and leaf coloration.

But yes, it might be difficult to see that in an avatar picture. Still, it beats the alternative of creating 25 completely different trees. If I had tried that, some of you would be color variations of these:

Tree 1 Tree 2 Tree 3

:laugh:

Actually, there are 5 different tree sizes, and each player has his own trunk and leaf coloration.

But yes, it might be difficult to see that in an avatar picture. Still, it beats the alternative of creating 25 completely different trees. If I had tried that, some of you would be color variations of these:

Tree 1 Tree 2 Tree 3

:laugh:

Yikes! I've never been so happy to be a big old spruce!

* Wishes he was as big and strong as Berty Birch

These avatars are crazy ...

Someday, maybe....

Berty Birch, reporting for duty!

Oak-ay Yew guys, I'm going out on a Limb here and tell everyone to stop saying cheap puns. It's Poplar right now, but there are a few poor Saps who can't handle it... We should Branch out into more interesting things now...

Sue Sumac here.

Anybody who uses a pun will be receiving my vote on Day One.

And Hinck, stop giving away the secrets before the game starts. :tongue:

But I was planning on posting the entire song! I was just searching it out on Youtube. :cry_happy:

Where's the Day One thread? Let's go already!

Oak-ay Yew guys, I'm going out on a Limb here and tell everyone to stop saying cheap puns. It's Poplar right now, but there are a few poor Saps who can't handle it... We should Branch out into more interesting things now...

Wish I could top this, but I would be barking up the wrong tree.