Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

Party Lines Mafia - C&D: Inauguration

3LQn8jm.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 18, 1994

New Brickland

A handsome man in a sharp suit appears on the television.

dkniP9B.png

"My friends... it has been an honor to serve as CEO of this great company for the past twelve years." the man begins, "I've been so privileged as to have been able to provide the good people of this nation the oil that they so badly need. After a long deliberation process with our representatives over at the capital building, I have an exciting new proposition for you all. A new resolution is coming up in the legislature next week. You see, my skilled friends over at the capital have drafted a piece of legislation that would create a... partnership between the government and our great company."

"Not only would this greatly bolster the economy, the Octan model will provide the kind of leadership we as LEGOLanders so badly need. Friends of Octan, of freedom, of progress, heed my call! Speak to your local representative today and ask that they cast their vote for an Octan legislature next week. Truly, it must be done - for the sake of our children."

January 19, 1994

New Brickland

Morning

dBHObdb.png

A limosine pulls up to the capital building...

SBBLVhm.png

Meanwhile, inside, the legislature is settling in for its new session.

fYy63yu.png

Speaker of the Legislature, Douglas London, closes the door to his seat behind him as he prepares his constituents for his third session in a row.

24abjtx.png

Gavel in hand, London clears his throat. "This session of the Legislature of LEGOLand has now commenced! I hope you all had a pleasant vacation -" he begins...

idCC3R7.png

"And was it ever!" Maurice chimes in. "I spent so much time playing with this great gadget. Look how hip I am!"

Inspired by Maurice's jovial spirit, many representatives strike up conversations with one another. The ensuing racket is very unprofessional.

lQB6k1o.png

Bjorn stands up and tries to quiet everyone down. "Order, everyone, order!!" Unfortunately, he chokes on his words halfway through the second "order", resulting in an extremely awkward sound coming out of his mouth.

2ZqEjhb.png

Molly and Stanley give each other worried looks. Is this what politics is like?

3QJTdus.png

Bryant leans forward and scowls. He doesn't know if he can handle another session with these morons.

nm30QNa.png

Chuckling to himself, Jacob leans back in his chair. "Another day in paradise, I guess!"

viFf9So.png

Unfortunately, he has terrible balance, and falls backwards.

ovyPHNO.png

Bringing his gavel down hard, Douglas raises his voice. "Order! I will have order!"

eN4f1Ug.png

"Now, I'd like this to be a fairly productive session - don't kill that dream before it even starts! It's time for a roll call now - if you're here, please say "present"."

In office:

The Speaker:

xVdwIZb.png Douglas London - Representative from New Brickland: NPC

The Old Dogs:

oxuRT5V.pngMaurice Teichman - Representative from Technic Valley: played by mostlytechnic

HbP5RlB.png Winnifred Karchevsky - Representative from Galactic City: played by Walter Kovacs

4GuyyJ0.png"Tiny" Peter Rutherford - Representative from Brickshire: played by TPRU

lmN5SC5.pngCarol Nottingham - Representative from Crystal Canyon: played by Calanon

5jpmdrA.png Siegfried Dixon - Representative from New Brickland: played by Speedy

The Legislative Veterans:

YFH77pQ.pngJ. Leroy King - Representative from Silver City: played by jluck

9pFILPh.pngAddie Tremain - Representative from Galactic City: played by adventurer1

VsewC2i.pngLloyd Spalding - Representative from Super City: played by Lego Spy

p84sBN2.pngBobby Benedict - Representative from New Brickland: played by Bob

BT44Jw8.pngBjorn Borchard - Representative from Owlville: played by badboytje88

Wd0R89u.pngBryant Laughlin - Representative from Brickshire: played by Brickelodeon

77EXJNJ.png Sinclair Viola - Representative from Puesta del Sol: played by Scaevola

emcpkRG.pngGerald Hatley - Representative from Silver City: played by Goliath

The Freshmen:

4bfWSPX.pngJacob Palacios - Representative from Galactic City: played by JackJonespaw

vB6fMBa.pngPierce Davy - Representative from Puesta del Sol: played by Piratedave

PcNoVsX.png Archie Matthews - Representative from Galactic City: played by Adam

HFcIbOR.pngMolly Callaghan - Representative from Brickshire: played by Mencot

d6M86G8.png Stanley Figurelli - Representative from the Mesolithic Farmlands: played by Stickfig

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Loyal Representatives or the Octan Corporation. To win the game, the Representaties must remove from office all the Octan Lobbyists, while the Octan Co. needs to outnumber the Reprsentatives. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to impeach a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of impeached players, as well as those who are removed from office, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are out of office, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a warning from the host on your first offense, and a removal from the game on your second.

12. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Edited by Tamamono

J. Leroy King present for what appears to be the most intriguing roun of legislation to date.

Yes, yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Mesolithic Farmlands are proud to finally have a representative here in the New Brickland legislature....

I'll sit down now.

Present! And if I may, on behalf of the people of Brickshire, I would like to make a motion for a round of drinks. Over here, you simply can't start the day without one!

No wonder nothing ever gets done around here! You establishment types are nothing but boozing womanizers, living off the public dime!

Present. Molly Callaghan freshman from Brickshire, honored and very happy to meet you all.

Present! And if I may, on behalf of the people of Brickshire, I would like to make a motion for a round of drinks. Over here, you simply can't start the day without one!

I be most then happy to join that "motion".

Present!

And you young whippersnappers, pay attention! We have serious work to do here. Enough with your twitts and likes and stuff. Legislating is solemn and best done on paper.

Good morning my esteemed colleagues. I, Winnifred Karchevsky, am ready for yet another session.

And you young whippersnappers, pay attention! We have serious work to do here. Enough with your twitts and likes and stuff. Legislating is solemn and best done on paper.

I couldn't have said it better, Maurice.

Present!

I am Gerald Hatley and I'm a representative from Silver City, it's nice to meet you all. I wouldn't mind a drink, perhaps maybe some wine?

Present!

I am Gerald Hatley and I'm a representative from Silver City, it's nice to meet you all. I wouldn't mind a drink, perhaps maybe some wine?

Silver City? Ain't silver a thang of the past? All the value is in gold now...I'd much rather gold.

Present! And may I say a warm welcome to all the new representatives. I am Addie Tremain for those who don't know me yet, let me say that you are here to represent your constituants with their best interest always at heart.

I will happily join any of you for a drink...after work!

Present! The name's Archie Matthews, and I'm super psyched to be here representing Galactic City!

That sounds rad, Mr. Rutherford - can I call you Peter? Pete? - but unfortunately, I won't be able to partake. I'm pretty sure 18 is still below the drinking age - unless we decide to change that today! :grin:

Aye, Rep. Sinclair Viola of Puesta del Sol reporting in.

I second that motion. Some rum would be especially palatable.

Hey, everyone! Jacob Palacios reporting here, ready to represent Galactic City!

Couldn't agree more! Nothing helps one relax better than a drink!

Llyod, quietly discussing his next big hit on his (large, 1990s) phone, looked up when he heard his name.

"Oh uh - Hang on," He said to his agent, "Present!"

Edited by Lego Spy

Present and accounted for! Let's make this quick, though. I need to form my exploratory committee for the next election cycle.

Say it with me, everybody! Four more years! Four more years! Four more years!

Seriously, you all are a bunch of lushes and I'm embarrassed by your behavior.

Particularly, the honorable Mr. Lloyd Spalding - you may not have been reprimanded officially for that editing of your comments here during the roll call, but I can assure you that our esteemed Speaker Mr. London will not always be so forgiving. Such behavior may indeed lead to your expulsion from this august forum.

(out of character) just so you all know, I will be gone tomorrow on vacation. I should be able to get to a computer at some point, but don't take my lack of posts as an attempt to stay under the radar.