Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] Small hull vessels - custom design

pirates-indexed.gif 169A

Hi there,

as I am trying to keep up with my "one post per week on average" policy, here are two small vessels.

The have a custom design and are actually quite small (as you would expect from the topic title):

smallhullships2.jpg

smallhullships5.jpg

... and here they are sailing away...

smallhullships3.jpg

Comments are welcome. :pir-sweet:

Have a nice weekend!

Nice figureheads! The ships themselves aren't bad but I think would look better if their colors matched the sails better.

Excellent little boats. Could we get a picture with a little better contrast to see the details? The deck blends into itself being all black with the white background. Also, which pieces did you use to make the hulls?

Nice figureheads! The ships themselves aren't bad but I think would look better if their colors matched the sails better.

You are right. A good solution would be some self-made sails.

I was happy to be able to reuse those "old" sails. Making sails takes much more time...

Excellent little boats. Could we get a picture with a little better contrast to see the details? The deck blends into itself being all black with the white background. Also, which pieces did you use to make the hulls?

Better contrast:

Weather was dark and lousy on the weekend when I took the pictures and the artificial lighting obviously wasn't good enough. Sorry. pirate_sceptic.gif

Then I myself find those black decks a bad thing to take pictures of (you might want to look at my modified version of the Black Pearl). Its just black melting into black...

And, looking at the models, there isn't so much to be seen on deck... pirate_sceptic.gif

The pieces:

I have used something called "Cockpit 10 x 6 x 2 Curved " twice.

It can be found in many sets, e.g. "T-6 Jedi Shuttle" and others. pirate_satisfied.gif

Well, the colours don't come out well. One is reddish brown and the sister ship is dark red.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld

Nicely done! :thumbup: They do remind of good old classic simple Castle sets. I'd love to see an official box like that featuring a battle between two small vessels. pirate_classic.gif

Yepp, they are meant to be simple, but also some new design approach that I hope I have invented pirate_blush.gif

But then, I would not want the two sister ships to fight each other ... pirate_wink.gif

Nicely done! :thumbup: They do remind of good old classic simple Castle sets.

I agree, they do remind me of some of the old Castle boat sets - except better! Great work - after seeing these I think I'd like to try to build some a smaller 'castle' style boats (I'm currently building a 20-something gun frigate)