Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

MEC Category C: The Battle of Five Armies

"Misery me! I have heard songs of many battles, and I have always understood that defeat may be glorious. It seems very uncomfortable, not to say distressing. I wish I was well out of it."

- Bilbo Baggins, The Clouds Burst

Bilbo puts his ring on to avoid the fray. He can only look on as shadowy figures clash all around him and chaos unfolds...

IMG_1702_zps466ef137.jpg

IMG_1708_zps8d91d5e7.jpg

IMG_1706_zps44ba6b90.jpg

IMG_1709_zpsa6e8935a.jpg

8db33a95-01eb-401c-9921-5163bf8ac8d0_zps4d16bfbb.jpg

Enjoy! The full album is available here. Any comments or criticisms are much appreciated. :sweet:

Neat entry, TinyPiesRUs! The build itself reminds me a lot of my BotFA moc (third pic in my sig,) but the shadowy minifigures are a very original and creative take on this. Way to really think outside the box!

Lovely build and brilliant use of grey bricks to represent the shadow figures that Bilbo sees with the ring on. :sweet:

Really nice, i like your work to the point of view of Bilbo when he put the ring :sweet:

Very nice! The silhouetted figures really capture the feel of the scene, and it makes sense with Bilbo wearing the ring. :thumbup:

Great. The shadowy ring-vision take with this little vig really works well, and it's well executed. The light, medium, and dark monotones help keep it from looking too muddled but still sell the effect. Well done!

Great take on the category ! I was thinking about how to make an believable effect for wearing the ring, now we got the solution.

Good luck !