Godzilla91210

Custum Car Bar for lego 10233 Horizon Express

That car was (and remains) on my list of things to someday build. You did a good job at it and I'm surprised yours is the first bar car that I've seen anyone build for the HE. Did you try it with 2 wide standee windows instead of the 1 wide that you currently have? (of course you would also have to reduce the number to 2 or 3 of them too). I THINK there were variations of the prototype where the white stripe did not go over the windows and they were strictly surrounded by orange. If so, that would be easier to replicate at the resolution of lego. Now the one thing that has been bugging me about building one of these cars for myself is the fact that each half of the HE already has a bar. Did you convert those cars to being strictly coaches? In any event, a nice build.

Thanks. Interior is not modified! I will print stickers bar. I do not try with 2 wide standde windows. I changed my train with 2 second class cars, a bar car and a first class car (first class is not modified). Sorry my english is bad! Im French Guy!

That's an interesting build.

I too have intentions of customising my HE, I'm going to change the window strip from black to DBG, possibly lengthen the cars and make TGV lettering instead of the arrows on the control cars. After seeing this maybe I need to look at the actual carriage designs and match the prototype more closely. I was completely unaware there was a dedicated bar car.

What is the "prototype" people are talking about? Is that an official thing from Lego related to the HE?

What is the "prototype" people are talking about? Is that an official thing from Lego related to the HE?

The HE is widely believed to be based on the french TGV, ie the TGV is the prototype for the HE, and the real TGV bar car shown in Godzilla91210's second photo is the prototype for his LEGO carriage.

Very nice, I'm going to try this on my HE as well. It breaks the repetition nicely with a double HE.

IMG_6177.JPG

I made some alterations to the pattern. I do like the concept a lot. I also need to still find some 1x1 plates in trans-clear, I apparently had only a few, so there's one where I used a trans-yellow plate

Edited by ronenson

loving the bar, great idea :) I might Moc the insides of 1or 2 of the carriages, but first, need to get two motors installed :S