Bob De Quatre

AG - M.A.N.T.I.S. Training Camp

logo_3_big.png

resources3.png

Standing for Marine, Air, Naval Tracking & Intervention Services, M.A.N.T.I.S. is specialized in protection, surveillance, security training requirements, and covert operations. Created long ago by Mr. Leone Cor when he decided to turn away from his illegal activities to begin a new life as head of a successful private security company. His business grew fast through former and new contracts for personnel protection, security staff training, and surveillance operations.
Mr. Cor and his company left Earth with the first deep space exploration corporations to pioneer his company’s services in space. With his adult son by his side M.A.N.T.I.S. flourished providing the specialized services for deep space.
After too many years of providing services to very successful resource extraction mining companies, Mr. Cor realized he could transform M.A.N.T.I.S. to include covert mining operations. With internal extraction, processing, and re-distribution of resources, profits began to soar and the company grew exponentially. This was an exceptional year as his twin children Maxxene and Maxximus were born.
After a full and happy life in space, Mr. Cor passed away in his sleep at the age of 90. His twin children took over the family business and continued in their father's footsteps.

15474522057_1cfef180e4.jpg

Maxxene and Maxximus Cor

15474344348_43346559b3.jpg

The Council of Five

Now with the twins Maxxene and Maxximus Cor running the corporation together and heading up The Council Of Five, M.A.N.T.I.S. has emerged as one of the top three dominating corporations in the galaxy. With Maxxene heading up the covert security and mining operations side and her younger brother Maxximus in charge of the business/public relations side, M.A.N.T.I.S. has grown more in the past year than in previous years. Together they continually strive to fulfill their father’s dying wish to covertly rise above the rest to be the top resource corporation.
Gaining employment at M.A.N.T.I.S. is no easy task, but their is always a need for competent and qualified pilots, technicians and people to know how to fight. Potential recruits must have a solid background in both mining and some form of military/security forces service. Extreme survival skills is a plus. Upon acceptance to the training program, recruits are tested at various skill levels under extreme conditions.
Rumor is that on the inside, M.A.N.T.I.S. really stands for Mean And Nasty Trained Invasion Soldiers and that the real corp goals from the founder are written on the motivational wall inside the cafeteria.

15474535237_47a1a68af2_z.jpg

M.A.N.T.I.S. outpost on Torresta

Torresta - "A hot and active young planet, constant volcanic eruptions change landscape."

torresta.png MANTIS was the first to settle on one of the planets in the Andremeda system. Their exploration and colonisation vessel landed on a sturdy rock on a violet planet, they called Torresta. Hazed by eruptions the search for Awesomnium was an easy success. A large vain was just under the crust of a nearby mountain. Scanning the surface of the surrounding area revealed that this planet could be harvested for resources for quite some time. The board was pleased with the mission and sent out more colonisation ships. By the end of the year, more than half a dozen small settlements and mining facilities dug into the mountainous surface of Torresta in search of the riches. In a constant flow, transport vessels went in empty and out of orbit fully stocked. It didn’t take long before the order came to investigate surrounding planets.

Torresta is a hot planet, the volcanic eruptions, the black clouds of burning dust and the slow rotation of the planet make it a horrific place to stay. The days are long and thus the nights also. The temperature doesn’t really go down at night, so it’s steaming hot during the whole time. The oxygen level is very low, but still breathable. The gravity is similar to home. Nevertheless MANTIS choose this to be their home planet. Between the red veins of burning stone lays a treasure.

Corporation informations

Primary color: Black
Secondary colors: Olive Green and Lime Green

Default avatars

16114393810_e735d48141_t.jpg

Trooper

2.jpg

Scientist

11.jpg

Pilot

9.jpg

Hello, anybody here ? Do I sign up here ?

I 'm Ninja Nin and this is the Piece of Resistance.

Oh I mean, I 'm joining the Engineer class and will design for mining equipment ...

Hello, anybody here ? Do I sign up here ?

I 'm Ninja Nin and this is the Piece of Resistance.

Oh I mean, I 'm joining the Engineer class and will design for mining equipment ...

Welcome Nija Nin to M.A.N.T.I.S. I am Lady Kianna, your current CEO. Please feel free to begin building so M.A.N.T.I.S. can begin dominating. You will be added to the players index soon.

Well I think I'll join in here and be the 'scientist' I have decided that I'll invest my skills to pull Torresta treasures to the surface.

Hello! Big Sal reporting in as a scientist.

17023822824_3bdcf93427_t.jpg

SNAP! LOL.

Hello! Big Sal reporting in as a scientist.

17023822824_3bdcf93427_t.jpg

Well I think I'll join in here and be the 'scientist' I have decided that I'll invest my skills to pull Torresta treasures to the surface.

SNAP! LOL.

Welcome new scientists to M.A.N.T.I.S.

VolumeX please make sure you officially join in the Introduction and Discussion thread.

Edited by Lady K

Welcome Nija Nin to M.A.N.T.I.S. I am Lady Kianna, your current CEO. Please feel free to begin building so M.A.N.T.I.S. can begin dominating. You will be added to the players index soon.

Thanks for the acceptance. Any tactics on where we shall start our expansion ?

Welcome to our new pilot Pangolinus! By choosing M.A.N.T.I.S. you have chosen wisely!

To start our galactic domination we have four choices, one in each direction from our home planet Torresta. Two directions will give us 200 Water, and the other two will give us 200 Awesominum. We can move in any direction connected directly to our home planet. Take a look at the Dynamic Galaxy Map and get familiar with the other planets.

After we have a few builds done, I will choose a technology for us to research. One faction member will be chosen to do a build representing M.A.N.T.I.S researching the technology. This build will be in addition to a weekly build (it will be the only time two builds per week will be allowed).

Sci-X reporting for duty. It would be a great pleasure furthering MANTIS developments.

post-123799-0-47581500-1431657932.jpg

Sci-X reporting for duty. It would be a great pleasure furthering MANTIS developments.

post-123799-0-47581500-1431657932.jpg

Welcome Sci-X the scientist to M.A.N.T.I.S. You can begin to further the advancement of galactic domination at any time.

Welcome Sci-X the scientist to M.A.N.T.I.S. You can begin to further the advancement of galactic domination at any time.

My finding on the Dyna Map makes me think that Linopela III might be worth a shot?, what sort of technology should I create for us to explore? It is a planet with water, should we proceed with an exploration craft? Your guidance is welcome my Lady.

My finding on the Dyna Map makes me think that Linopela III might be worth a shot?, what sort of technology should I create for us to explore? It is a planet with water, should we proceed with an exploration craft? Your guidance is welcome my Lady.

For starters to you need to officially sign up on the Introduction and Discussion thread with your name, avatar, corporation and job so you can be added to the players index. :classic:

Any of the three planets or the asteroid belt directly off Torresta are fine to start with. Go where ever you want to, remember that if your build represents your job choice you will get a bonus in points.

As for technologies, those will come later using the Technology Tree as a guide.

Edited by Lady K

Capt%20Iron_zps1wqhgkkg.jpg

Condotierre Sir Iron is reporting for duty! After just coming back from the dark ages, Sir iron is ready to make a new start. In the dark ages He collected bits of gold and conquered city's. Now that he is married with children under way, he turns his live around. From now on he wil collect Lots of gold and conquer planets! all on his own? No, he applies at M.A.N.T.I.S. as an explorer, ready to plant a green flag on new planets.

As a former Condottiere M.A.N.T.I.S. Is the most logical choice to go for. Altough somewhat unexperienced in the current post dark age era, Sir Iron hopes, this to be the start of a grand en rewarding journey.

Edited by Sir Iron

Capt%20Iron_zps1wqhgkkg.jpg

Condotierre Sir Iron is reporting for duty! After just coming back from the dark ages, Sir iron is ready to make a new start. In the dark ages He collected bits of gold and conquered city's. Now that he is married with children under way, he turns his live around. From now on he wil collect Lots of gold and conquer planets! all on his own? No, he applies at M.A.N.T.I.S. as an explorer, ready to plant a green flag on new planets.

As a former Condottiere M.A.N.T.I.S. Is the most logical choice to go for. Altough somewhat unexperienced in the current post dark age era, Sir Iron hopes, this to be the start of a grand en rewarding journey.

Welcome Sir Iron to M.A.N.T.I.S. We are always in need of good experienced explorers such as yourself. Your resume is perfect for our corporation. As for gold, well one would hope for more, however there are other more valuable resources for us to gain and of course there is the final goal of galactic domination.

Please feel free to begin said goal of domination at any time. Take a look at the Dynamic Map to prepare your first exploration. We can begin on any of the four choices or several of the four choices.

Done, now I we need to get some personal equipment, but with no credits we need to build up funds first... I'm not cheap, but when you asked me to come to Terresta you knew that about me! ;)

Done, now I we need to get some personal equipment, but with no credits we need to build up funds first... I'm not cheap, but when you asked me to come to Terresta you knew that about me! ;)

To build up credits we need to get building. Your previous suggestion of Linopela III is a good place to start.

Is there an image of the MANTIS logo on a blank background we can use in our builds?

I had been trying to get the logo printed on tiles, nothing so far. I'll ask Bob about it.

I had been trying to get the logo printed on tiles, nothing so far. I'll ask Bob about it.

Can I get the logo sent (hi-res) to me and I'll make up my own prints in the Lab, my Lady?

The largest logo file I have is this one:

logo_3_big.png

On behalf of Mantis, I thank you. I'll print to see, or is this plot? LOL

Thanks Bob.

Attention all MANTIS personnel: With the current members so far,( 2 Explorers, 2 Scientists, 1 Engineer, and 1 Pilot) it's time to start building for domination!

Sci-X brought Planet Linopeia II up as a possible starting place. It has diverse weather, lakes and deserts (depending on the season), mountians and will give us Awesomnium. The alien life forms are sparse. Once we have achieved domination of it we will have access to two planets that provide large quantities of Biomass.

Shall we begin by all building here? And remember if your job is shown you will get bonus credits!

First freebuild is almost done! Linopeia II shall be ours!

Yes! Well done. You may be the first to set foot on Linopeia III.

Octan already has three and Kawashita has one build done. We need to catch up quick.