Sign in to follow this  
Sir Gareth

SG's AoM: Farm Phase 2

It's that time of year again. The days are colder and shorter. The leaves begin to fall. Farmer Rudasill admires yet another successful growing season. He knows harvest grows near.

15439853296_62b8f2345f.jpg

15313012020_d17f9fdf72.jpg

15499377402_5f5373c7be.jpg

15499741745_60f0077daa.jpg

15313011490_527670d241.jpg

15496587581_c330dfa44c.jpg

This build was harder than expected due to a limited piece selection. I'm planning on picking up more parts for Phase 3.

That aside, it was still enjoyable none the less. I particularly liked building the corn and tomato plants. I'm happy to finally work that scarecrow into one of my builds :)

Thanks gedren_y for the pumpkin suggestion! It was a pain working with those Indy whips (they always seem to want to curl back up), but I love the end result.

C&C are welcome!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Nice phase II build, Sir Gareth, it is great that you have a variety of crops in such a small build :thumbup:

I really like the pumpkins and the corn, as well as the oval base shape :wink:

I also think you did a nice job on this vegetable field. The pumpkins are excellent.

One note, since I have considered this in my own build: Corn ears grow out of the side of the stalk near the middle, rather than out of the top of the stalk. I noticed this also because I live in the heart of the corn belt in the USA, so have seen corn on a regular basis for my entire life. To implement this, I used a similar stalk strategy to yours with cones slid over a stem on the 3-stem grass piece near the middle. I do not intend that you need to fix this, as I do not think GoH needs to be founded 100% on reality, but this was something I noticed.

Nice build and nice base for the build!

Very nice little build, especially the pumpkins! :thumbup: Like your inclusion of the scarecrow as well!

Cool scene, those heads are so great for pumpkins!

Thanks! I'm looking to pick up more for Phase 3.

Neat little field, I like the corn :thumbup:

Thank you!

Nice build :) love the pumpkins and the holdings for the tomato plants :)

Nice phase II build, Sir Gareth, it is great that you have a variety of crops in such a small build :thumbup:

I really like the pumpkins and the corn, as well as the oval base shape :wink:

Thank you. I guess the oval base is becoming a signature of mine ;)

Nice build. The crops are very well done especially the pumpkins.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how those came out.

I also think you did a nice job on this vegetable field. The pumpkins are excellent.

One note, since I have considered this in my own build: Corn ears grow out of the side of the stalk near the middle, rather than out of the top of the stalk. I noticed this also because I live in the heart of the corn belt in the USA, so have seen corn on a regular basis for my entire life. To implement this, I used a similar stalk strategy to yours with cones slid over a stem on the 3-stem grass piece near the middle. I do not intend that you need to fix this, as I do not think GoH needs to be founded 100% on reality, but this was something I noticed.

Nice build and nice base for the build!

Thank you! I know what you mean about the corn. The thought crossed my mind while building. While your way is more accurate, I like how mine looks.

Very nice little build, especially the pumpkins! :thumbup: Like your inclusion of the scarecrow as well!

Thank you!

Nice one! Love the variety of plants, they look very cool!

Thanks!

Good mixture of plants and crops, good work.

Thanks!

Edited by Sir Gareth

Nice crops there mate! Lets see what you come up with for phase 3 :wink:

Thanks! I have a few ideas in mind :wink:

Nice variety of well built crops!

Thank you!

Great crops! Love the scene.

Thanks!

I love the close-up detail shots. That technique for the pumpkins looks even better up close!

Brick on, Sir Gareth!

I love the close-up detail shots. That technique for the pumpkins looks even better up close!

Brick on, Sir Gareth!

Thanks, Slegengr! I'm glad to see you like them so much.

Perfect pumpkin design :wub: I like how you've utilized the scarecrow fig, and the tomatoes look great too :classic:

Perfect pumpkin design :wub: I like how you've utilized the scarecrow fig, and the tomatoes look great too :classic:

Thank you very much, soccerkid :classic:

Edited by Sir Gareth