Sign in to follow this  
LegoFjotten

[SoNE Episode VI] Mon Calamari fishing expedition

Shortly after landing on Mon Calamari I made my way over to the chief of landing deck. If Boba Fett was here, he would know.

14979939828_77c94dd36c_c.jpg

15155866717_421366ced5_q.jpg

Me: I'm looking for a bounty hunter named Boba Fett

15155866647_ea9b4a4eb6_q.jpg

Chief: Hmm, Boba Fett, that doesn't ring any bells. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been here.

Me: Another dead-end (sigh). I guess I'll be on my way then.

Chief: Hey, since you are already here, why don't you try one of our fishing trips? They are very popular!

Me: Fishing? What kind of fish do you have here?

Chief: Red herrings, mostly red herrings.

Edited by LegoFjotten

Awesome build, LegoFjotten! You really created a sense of space on a 14x14. Impressive!

Still, I find your creation a bit simple. Not in a bad way, like "not over-complicated". It's not super crazy, but still has some kind of appeal. That must be due your amazing building skills, as only the best can create something that is beautiful, and not just because of its simplicity. Maybe it's the great design that's in here. All of the straight lines make for a rather subtle recurring architectural theme. The vertical lines in between the windows seem part of the building, as those lines come back in the grill bricks, the railing, even the vents. The flat floor of the sea is rather new to me, but fits perfectly in the overall aesthetic, making it look like an underwater scene without the slightest trace of blue. You clearly don't build with prejudices, but with a mind that thinks further. I'm really impressed!

I'm not going to say that there should be anything added to this creation for once. The only remarks I have, have to do with presentation. The gaps in particular are something that can easily be fixed. A small second wall behind the back would solve the light shining through (and if you don't have the room, SNOTted plates could do as well). And to make the division between the inside and outside clearer, the gaps in between the windows where you can see inside should be eliminated. Some kind of recessing roof could work as well to enhance the feeling of a secluded town at the bottom of the ocean, and would add yet another level of realism to this build. I'm also not too sure about the way the hallway ends, and maybe it would have been better to just have it open, but I don't see any obvious improvement for this small thingy. And maybe making the foliage more diverse (i.e. brick built), could give us more the feeling the plants are unlike regular surface plants, and that they are not held back by gravity.

At the irrelevance of my suggestions, you can see that I really have almost nothing to add to this beautiful and (not correlative) simple build. Well done, and thanks for this inspiring entry!

gallery_5203_163_10909.png