Preview 10190 Market Street

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Legocastlegirl

Legocastlegirl

Member: 1049

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hey EB'ers,

i got my Market Street on Monday and finished building it last night.

I know its not such a nice review like  *yoda* did the last times, but i hope you enjoy some of the pics.

First a pic of the complete building:

Posted Image

The 3 Minifigs:

Posted Image

and i pic of the stairs (one of my highlights at this set):

Posted Image

More pics you can find here

My opinion about the set: I like this set very much, it was really fun to build it. Im happy that that i got some more cherries and a croissant now  *sweet* , a funny idea is the salad in the one box at the front. i think normally its a hairpiece of an exoforce fig.

I also like the colours of the house, the dark blue is sooooo nice. I think i have to take more of this soon. The lighter blue is also nice.

This set has really nice details like the stairs, or the owl at the entry of the market, or the balcony.

I paid 89,99 EUR, a fair price for a really nice set!!

Greetings
Sandra

#2 ApophisV

ApophisV

• The Phoenix

Member: 14

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for the review, my favourite detail is the salad!  :-D

BTW, could you exchange the modules and make pics of that? I'd like to see how the building looks with the flat roof instead of the dutch style one.

I'm not sure though if the vents on the flat roof makes sense as long as it's only used as a garage top...  :-/ Maybe they should be removable as the balconies and such things to make the modularity leading not to weird results...

Other than this: In combination with a lot of money and the Cafe Corner set this really could get me into city! ;-)

#3 snefroe

snefroe

• waisted plastic

Member: 230

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:02 AM

thanks for the great review! *sweet*

now that i've seen the set, I'm afraid i'm a bit disappointed 8-|
1) the color combination doesn't really do it for me. blue, dark blue, grey, black, tan, white, they're all mixed together without any over all design...

2) is there any interior? it doesn't look like it, and in any case, you can only reach it if you remove the modules... hm...  |-/  now it looks too much of a box...

3) there are most certainly some nice ideas in this model and some great parts. the best part of the model is the staircase

4) i don't think he spent much time in thinking about the design. As apo said, the chimneys on top of a garage is kinda weird, there's also a gate, next to another gate which is weird as well... also, if this is supposed to ba a grocery, then the owner has done a lot to hide it. The croissant is nice, but next to the brown box with vegies, there's nothing that suggests this is a shop...

5) the white lamp and the the yellow cylinder are at the same level of the tiles. IMO it should be above the level of the tiles...

6), IMO not worth the 90 euro

Edited by snefroe1, 20 June 2007 - 09:03 AM.

#4 Mr Hobbles

Mr Hobbles

Member: 1458

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

Thanks, I love the look of this set!

I love the mix of colours, it breaks up the model rather than being a single monotone colour.  He's used several complimentary colours in order to make up the model.

I agree I think the chimneys on the flat roof is weird ontop of the garage, but not so weird one you place it ontop of the building.  I guess he's done it to give us the choice of roofs and chimneys.  You can always remove the ones you don't like...

He also seems to have screwed up a bit on the tiling for the sidewalk on the side module.  On Cafe Corner (And the building module of this set) the sidewalk has the pattern light grey 1x6 at the front, then dark grey 1x2 next, then dark grey 2x2's.  However on this he's put the 2x2 tiles first then the 1x2's at the back.  Easilly fixable though.

Overall I love this set, thanks for the pics!  Compliments Cafe Corner perfectly.

#5 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Thank you Legocastlegirls for your quick review! *y*

Its the first time I realize the back of the market street. The tan bricks are a replacement for some windows Id guess?
I do love that building, especially the top floor with the neat balcony. *wub*
Of course you are (again) left alone filling the interior. But I just had some food parts ordered at Bricklink... X-D

One thing Id like to know: This is an online-exclusive, right? Can I order it at a Lego-store (Kln / Oberhausen) and get the sum rewarded on my voucher booklet? *sweet*  I heard it here, but Im not sure. 8-|

If anyone is looking for how to fill it with interior: Go read the latest Brickjournal #8! Theres a whole chapter written about designing the rooms.

Interior On!

Posted Image
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#6 Barbossa

Barbossa

Member: 1697

Posted 20 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

Hi

Thanks for posting those great pictures. I got the CC some time ago and I really looking forward to get my hands on the Market Street.

I think the colour scheme of this set is great, maybe because blue is my favourite colour (just check my wardrobe)?

I really like the design of the roof and the staircase. I am not so sure if I like the gateways but I believe they will grow on me when I get the set myself

View Postsnefroe1, on Jun 20 2007, 09:02 AM, said:

5) the white lamp and the the yellow cylinder are at the same level of the tiles. IMO it should be above the level of the tiles...

I am totally agree with snefreo1, the yellow cylinder and the lamppost should be on a level above the tiles. Actually I have put a 2x2 plat under the lamppost on my CC, looks much better if you ask me.

Unfortunately Shop at Home does not send to Norway???, so I have to purchase this set in Billund (Yes, I am going to Legoland this summer) or on ebay.

#7 Legocastlegirl

Legocastlegirl

Member: 1049

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

View PostApophisV, on Jun 20 2007, 10:32 AM, said:

BTW, could you exchange the modules and make pics of that? I'd like to see how the building looks with the flat roof instead of the dutch style one.
im sure that a could do that. Its a good idea, i hope you can wait a few days, ill do it this weekend and make more pics then.

View PostHolodoc, on Jun 20 2007, 03:22 PM, said:

Thank you Legocastlegirls for your quick review! *y*

Its the first time I realize the back of the market street. The tan bricks are a replacement for some windows Id guess?
I do love that building, especially the top floor with the neat balcony. *wub*
Of course you are (again) left alone filling the interior. But I just had some food parts ordered at Bricklink... X-D
i also think that this is a replacement for some windows and i like this idea, because i often see houses with that kind of "windows"

View PostHolodoc, on Jun 20 2007, 03:22 PM, said:

One thing Id like to know: This is an online-exclusive, right? Can I order it at a Lego-store (Kln / Oberhausen) and get the sum rewarded on my voucher booklet? *sweet*  I heard it
I dont know that this is an online-exclusive.. but i know that you can order it at your Legostore, and when you get it, you get the stamps for your voucher booklet at your next visit at the legostore. but you have to bring the bill with you.

View PostBarbossa, on Jun 20 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

I am totally agree with snefreo1, the yellow cylinder and the lamppost should be on a level above the tiles. Actually I have put a 2x2 plat under the lamppost on my CC, looks much better if you ask me.
yeah i also agree with snefrooe and you. ive never seen holes at the footpath for some lamps. It is really dangerous for all the nice little minifigs  :-)

Greetings
Sandra

#8 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:25 PM

thanks for the pics Legocastlegirl!
One thing that I find strange is that TLC doesn't use a female MF head for those two females MF in this set, but a female MF head is available in LDD and pab *wacko*

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

I still haven't bought the CC or MS.
But reviews like this make me wanna buy them instantly.
Thanks for this Legocastlegirl !!

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#10 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:01 AM

Thank you very much for that nice review and those lovely pictures, Legocastlegirl!  *y*
A very interesting set with a great color scheme and some "sunny side" feeling indeed.  *sweet*

#11 vahkimetru

vahkimetru

• Ripp-off !!

Member: 633

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

I'm not much of a city fan but this looks great. I guess this is the closest we can get to Legoland (miniland) quality sets. And considering this is a three floro, small structure, and it's over 1,000 parts, just imagine (pun not intended) how many peices are in LL California's Empire State Building or WTC Freedom Tower models! Both are large and in real scale over 100 floors! That's a lot of bricks.

Anyways, I've got a friend who loves city. I'm sure this one would make a great addition to his town setup! Gotta tell him about this new set!  *y*

#12 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:34 PM

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Jun 20 2007, 07:42 AM, said:

I know its not such a nice review like  *yoda* did the last times, but i hope you enjoy some of the pics.
Nonsense Sandra !! Tks for sharing these cool pics  ;-)  Its also a nice hommage to Erik Brok.

I really like this set, I think its really well designed with great ideas such as the dual stairs, the balconies, the croissant insignia, the market entrance design with the horns, whip and owl  8-
I like the color combination, and the mosaic design just in front of the entrance.

The only terrible flaw is that yellow cinlinder !! That is just awful for a flower pot  :-X
I don't mind at all having that lamp post at the same level since it would be normal to have the base of the lamp at the level of the tile but I agree that is just pickering about an insignificant detail  :-P

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Jun 20 2007, 07:42 AM, said:

a funny idea is the salad in the one box at the front. i think normally its a hairpiece of an exoforce fig.
Yeay that is just brilliant all the way  8-

This is a great set indeed and a must have for town fans !!

*yoda*

#13 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

I can't believe I missed this great review!  Thanks for the pictures, Sandra!

#14 WhiteHexagon

WhiteHexagon

Member: 724

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

I also missed your review, but now that I found it I really Happy I just ordered the set :) thanks for the pics!

Peter

#15 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

View PostLegocastlegirl, on Jun 20 2007, 05:20 PM, said:

i also think that this is a replacement for some windows and i like this idea, because i often see houses with that kind of "windows"

There was once "windowtaxes" in the Netherlands. When rich people became poor, they placed bricks in their window, so they paid less taxes. Some older houses still has walls were once were windows.

Historic information on :-D  :-P
Duke of Equestria

#16 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 30 June 2007 - 09:24 PM

It was the same thing in France in the middle-age...
Happy that today this taxe is gone! :-D

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users