Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG Quest #112: The Lion, the Wretch, and the Warlord

~This topic is only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the

Rules and FAQs topic to learn how to do so.~

quest05-00title.png

Trailing the figure in black, you leave Eubric, walking along the road to the west, to R'kilf. As you travel, the other heroes in your party join you, being:

The DAMN Party:

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie) *Party Leader*

32-year-old human male, Regulator

Level 32.75
*Battle Style: Orderly* *Negative effects last one Round* *Immune to
All Elements
Poison
, and Doomed*

Power:
(Level: 32 + WP: 20) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 12 + SP: 4 + SP: 6 + SP: 4)

Health:
62/62
(base HP: 7 + Level bonus: 31 + Class bonus: 12 + artifact bonus: 6 + permanent boost: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Pheles Kris
(WP: 20; wielder has a ½ chance to generate an Aura;
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Earth
Wind
Light
-, and
Darkness
-elemental; Dagger),
Robust Shield
(SP: 12; shield),
Amulet of the Court
(Negative effects last one Round; immune to
Water
Lightning
, and
Wood
; suitable for anyone; Accessory),
Rat's Hide
(SP: 4; suitable for anyone; Backwear),
Galactic Armor
(SP: 6; max HP +6; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Ice
Light
Darkness
, and Doomed; suitable for anyone; Bodywear),
Helmet of Azzurat
(SP: 4; immune to
Poison
; suitable for anyone; Headwear)

Inventory:

• Tiger Claws (WP: 15; double WP against Humanoids;
Darkness
-elemental; Dual Strike; Dagger)

• Desert Cloak (immune to
Fire
; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk

• Scroll of Arc Frailty (½ chance to inflict the
Fragile
effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies), Scroll of Fire Armor (½ chance to conjure a layer of fiery armor over the target, giving them a ½ chance to deal the
Burned by 10
when hit by Damage or Special Damage; costs 5 Ether), Scroll of Ice Armor (½ chance to conjure a layer of icy armor over the target, giving them a ½ chance to deal the
Stunned
effect when hit by Damage or Special Damage; costs 5 Ether)

• Agni Bomb (100
Fire
-elemental Damage to all enemies), Bones (3), Health Core, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Grating Stone, Jinxy Juice, Flint and Steel (Handy for starting fires)

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone
, Orc-kin
(The Legonater)

Human male, Assassin

Level 26.33
*Steals 50% more Gold* *Immune to
All Elements
and
Blinded
*Lucky*

Power:
(Level: 26 + WP: 27) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 6)

Health:
38/38
(base HP: 7 + Level bonus: 25 + Class bonus: 5 + Permanent boost: 1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow
(WP: 27;
Ice
- and
Darkness
-elemental; Longbow),
Lucky Die
(User is permanently
*Lucky*
Night's Helmet
(SP: 6; immune to
Water
Wood
Earth
Ice
Fire
Wind
Lightning
Light
Darkness
, and
Blinded
; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Sticky Gloves
(increases amount of Gold stolen by 50%; suitable for Rogues and Beast Warriors; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Requiem (WP: 20;
Wood
- and
Light
-elemental; Longbow), Tarok's Wrath (WP: 20, ½ chance to Instantly Kill orcs; Dagger), Double Chain Whip (WP: 10; Whip), Throwing Knife (WP: 4; Throwing Weapon)

• Winged Sandals (immune to
Bound
and
Slowed
; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3; immune to
Ice
and
Water
; suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors; Bodywear), Tricorne (SP: 3; immune to
Light
and
Darkness

Diamond

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magic Compass

• Potions (4), Grand Potions (4), Tonic, Remedies (2), Banana (restores full HP to target), Elixir, Cosmic Essence, Meads (2), Nostrum, Mulled Wine, Soma, Venom (2), Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the
Poisoned by 7
and
Cursed
effects for the duration of one battle), Mythril Shards (3/4 Mythril), Military Grade Light Bomb, Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Diamond Lamp of Summoning (1/3 uses left), Bones (3), Skeleton Decoy

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337-year-old Fenarian female, Archmage

Level 45.8
*Gains Triple XP* *Immune to
Sealed
Bound
, and
Slowed

Power:
(Level: 45 + WP: 28) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 3 + SP: 2 + SP: 5)

Health:
64/64
(base HP: 5 + Level bonus: 44 + Class bonus: 10 + permanent boost: 5)

Ether:
69/69
(base Ether: 5 + Level bonus: 44 + artifact bonus: 5 + artifact bonus: 4 + Class bonus: 10 + permanent boost: 1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mythril Empyreal Staff
(WP: 28),
Robe of the Archmagi
(SP: 3; max Ether +5; immune to
Sealed
; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Bodywear),
Medal of Glory
(Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory),
Ethereal Cloak
(SP: 2; max Ether +4; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear),
Fanged Helm
(SP: 5; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Winged Sandals
(immune to
Bound
and
Slowed
; suitable for anyone; Footwear)

Inventory:

• Crystal Mace (WP: 45 (5*gems imbued);
Fire
Ice
Wind
Water
Lightning
Earth
Wood
Light
-, and
Darkness
-elemental; Mace), Staff of the Necromancer (WP: 12; damages Undead; +1 Level to raised Undead; Staff), Nocturne Flute (WP: 6; inflicts the
Asleep
effect; Instrument)

• Gold Dragon Crown (max Ether +6; immune to
Lightning
and
Stunned
; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Seductive Perfume (adds the
Enamored
effect to all attacks; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Desert Cloak (immune to
Fire
Earth
, and
Wind
; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; Accessory), Cobweb Cowl (immune to
Sudden Death
; suitable for anyone; Backwear)

Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarines
(2)

• Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Arc Blinding (½ chance of casting the
Blinded
-effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening

• Potions (8), Grand Potions (5), Health Core, Tonics (3), Ether Cores (4), Remedies (9), Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incenses (2), Meads (12), Smelling Salts (6), Nostrum (6), Ambrosia, Deadly Venom (2), Smoke Bombs (2), Holy Bomb, Water Bomb (14), Lightning Bomb (14), Dirt Bomb (3), Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons for one battle), Soul Cage (Doomed-effect to all combatants), Naamah's Hourglass (Randomly causes either Hastened or Slowed to the target at the cost of 3 Ether), Skeleton Decoys (2), Bones (17)

• Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq)

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

untitled-16.png

Monk Pretzel
and his 99 pieces, the Super Sleuth
(Palathatric)

463-year-old human male 'hermit', Artisan

Level 30
*Immune to
Fragile
*Counterstriking*

Power:
38 (+5)
(Level: 30 + WP: 8) (
Power Bonus:
artifact bonus: 5 in the Front Row)

Defense:
8 (+5)
(SP: 5 + SP: 3 + artifact bonus: 5 in the Back Row)

Health:
55/55
(base HP: 9 + Level bonus: 29 + Class bonus: 15 + permanent boost: 2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dual Staff
(WP: 8;
Ice
Lightning
Fire
Wind
-, and
Light
-elemental; dual strike, Staff),
Strategist's Shako
(+5 Power in the Front Row; +5 SP in the Back Row; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Heavy Armor
(SP: 5; immune to
Fragile
; suitable for Barbarians, Knights, Dragoons, Skirmishers, and Regulators; Bodywear),
Cloak of Necrotic Shielding
(SP: 3; provides
Special Guard
against Undead enemies; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; suitable for anyone; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Flying Cross (WP: 6;
Darkness
-elemental; Broomstick), Steak (WP: 1;
Instantly Kills
vampires on successful hits; suitable for anyone), Heavy Flail (WP: 5; causes
Fragile
; Mace), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8; damages Undead; Greatsword), Mythril Shield (SP: 20; Shield), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; immune to
Fire
; Shield), Crescent Shield (SP: 5; halves Damage from elemental attacks; Shield)

• Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1;
Scary
effect against Vermin; Bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2; max Ether +4; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear), Soothing Slippers (Meditation restores 5 Ether; suitable for Paladins, Sages, Shamans, Necromancers, Scholars, Archmages, High Clerics, and Prophets; Footwear), Soul Link Chain (Allows the user to pair up with another party member, each of them gaining all the effects that the other has; the partner has to equip the chain as well; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Magic Viper Skin (wearer heals 1 HP per Round unless Knocked Out; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from Fleeing battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Blessed Amulet (immune to
Cursed
; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Rock Gauntlets (grants the wearer
Iron Fist
at no Ether cost; Handwear)

Amethyst
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine

• Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Arc Sleep (½ chance of casting the
Asleep
-effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies)

• Potions (3), Grand Potions (14), Cherry (restores 1 Ether), Tonics (4), Ether Cores (2), Remedies (7), Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (restores full Health and Ether to target and removes all negative effects), Phoenix Incenses (2), Phoenix Essences (3), Smelling Salts (2), Nostrums (2), Mead (2), Venom (5), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Jinxy Juices (2), Smoke Bombs (3), Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb, 13 Bones, Raw Meat (permanent +5 max Health), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to permanently deal the
Poisoned by 7
and
Cursed
effects)

• Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Shovel, Magic Compass, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used; limit of three uses per quest)

postspacer.png

Approaching the town, which still appears ghostlike, three years after it was first besieged by the elven forces of Lord Keveak, you see a figure off to the side of the road, signalling to you.

Checking this out, you meet an unfamiliar figure, standing in a clearing next to the city walls. He carries no torch; his blue-trimmed armor illuminated only by the light of the crescent moon. Behind him, a rope has been tossed over the wall.

quest05-01.png

av-sirkadarphazan.png

"Ah, heroes? Good evening. I'm Sir Kadarphazân, a, ah, Knight of Patuqun. I haven't worked with members of your organization too much in the past, so... I believe it would be best if I let Isaac and Leonard fill you in.

"Ah... if you could please follow me?"

postspacer.png

The knight in blue grasps the rope, giving it a firm tug. He leads you over the wall, through the warehouse section of R'kilf. Concealed by the darkness, he cautiously admits you to an unassuming building. You see some of his companions standing inside of the empty building, next to a hole in the floor. You see that the wood had been pulled up with a pickaxe, and a rope had been dropped down into the hole.

quest05-02.png

av-sirleonard.png

"Heroes, welcome to R'kilf. I'm Sir Leonard; you've already met Kadarphazân; this is his lieutenant, Sir Bur'dazgar — "

av-sirburdazgar.png

"Heroes."

av-sirleonard.png

" — my healer, Luke — "

av-luke.png

"Anar caluva tielyanna, essenya ná Cáleanto."

av-sirleonard.png

" — and this is the Blue Assassin whom Isaac hired; she is known as 'Belsant'."

av-belsant.png

"..."

av-sirleonard.png

"Speaking of whom, Isaac is down in the tunnel we found, doing a bit of advance scouting.

"Here's the plan: the base has two entrances. Luke, myself, and the Knights of Patuqun will head to the entrance on the other side of town. Isaac found an easily accessible, conveniently placed ventilation shaft at the start of this tunnel — every villain's lair has one — he'll head through that with Belsant. Your task is to fight your way through this tunnel and the corridors that will follow. Based on intel brought to us by our R'kilfan spies, the three parties should be able to meet up outside the war room, in which the Dread Pirate spends the majority of his time. We'll go in together. Any questions?"

postspacer.png

QM Note:

Welcome to Quest 112! Please confirm your participation by posting in this topic within 24 hours. Any players who do not confirm within that time will be placed under the control of the Party Leader. Also, check your stats as listed above for any mistakes I may have made. If you bought anything at the Marketplace before coming here, it would be awesome if you could make a short note of your purchases and the Gold deducted here.

Do we have any specifics on the size or layout of the base?

av-sirleonard.png

"Well, it's underground, so I imagine that some of the space will be somewhat tight. From what I saw when we opened this hole up, I think it's a series of rooms and corridors that should be fairly straightforward to navigate."

Atramor hefted his shield once they arrived in the small building with what looked like a group of conspirators. He looked between the employers and nodded in recognition to Luke.

"You were in Dastan, aye? Good to see 'ya again. Let's hope this is at least as successful."

He scratched his chin, glancing at Belsant somewhat suspiciously before turning back to Leonard.

"That all sounds straightforward enough to me. I've got to ask why a town that looks it's under the control of three different well-armed groups has a pirate livin' right under it, though. This place looks like a mess and would be ripe pickin's for a bandit, but last I remember the Lion Knights were a damn army."

My Rat's Hide (SP:4, backwear) seems to be missing, I should have it equipped, although my total defense is right.

Stats look good, Doc. I greyed out some of my weapons because they are unsuitable for me, but it's fine that you don't. I purchased 2 Phoenix Essences, 5 Grand Potions, 2 Nostrums, and 2 Meads for 200 gold.

"Blue Assassin, huh? I don't much care for your organization, but we'll see if working together is a pleasure or not." I turn to the others. "Monk Pretzel at your service, sir."

Did some last minute shopping, WP of the Empyreal Staff is now 28, and Namyrra is immune to bound and slowed due to equipping a pair of Winged Sandals. Also, the 9x venoms are gone.

"That is peculiar indeed, but I suppose if the pirates use entrances to their lair that are far enough away, or well hidden it's possible for them to remain undetected."

"And master Gibbin, I trust you won't found find more mirages leading you astray in this dread pirate's lair, so that should help us I suppose. :wink:"

My Rat's Hide (SP:4, backwear) seems to be missing, I should have it equipped, although my total defense is right.

Stats look good, Doc. I greyed out some of my weapons because they are unsuitable for me, but it's fine that you don't. I purchased 2 Phoenix Essences, 5 Grand Potions, 2 Nostrums, and 2 Meads for 200 gold.

Did some last minute shopping, WP of the Empyreal Staff is now 28, and Namyrra is immune to bound and slowed due to equipping a pair of Winged Sandals. Also, the 9x venoms are gone.

QM Note:

Fixed and updated.

Atramor hefted his shield once they arrived in the small building with what looked like a group of conspirators. He looked between the employers and nodded in recognition to Luke.

"You were in Dastan, aye? Good to see 'ya again. Let's hope this is at least as successful."

av-luke.png

"Yes, what was it — two, two and a half years ago? It's good to see you as well."

He scratched his chin, glancing at Belsant somewhat suspiciously before turning back to Leonard.

"That all sounds straightforward enough to me. I've got to ask why a town that looks it's under the control of three different well-armed groups has a pirate livin' right under it, though. This place looks like a mess and would be ripe pickin's for a bandit, but last I remember the Lion Knights were a damn army."

av-sirleonard.png

"Count Lewis has no interest in R'kilf. I know Kadarphazân from a past trade between our countries, and Luke and I are here independently of any Lion operation.

"The elves are still the power in R'kilf, and we don't trust them."

av-sirkadarphazan.png

"Similarly, the Knights of Patuqun are not here in force. There's not enough time to send for reinforcements all the way from our homeland, and the Dread Pirate has been disrupting our attempts to establish friendly relations with the people of Uland."

"Blue Assassin, huh? I don't much care for your organization, but we'll see if working together is a pleasure or not."

av-belsant.png

"..."

"And I trust we won't have a pack of undead at our backs this time," remarked Atramor jokingly to the new archmage. "Speakin' of which, I think 'ya can put some of these scrolls to better use than I can." He handed over all three of his scrolls to Namyrra.

He turned back to Leonard.

"Well, why the hell aren't the elves doin' anythin' about this bastard, then? Are they the useless kinda elves that spend all day singin' about trees or the Heroica kind of elves that can actually get things done?"

"Well, why the hell aren't the elves doin' anythin' about this bastard, then? Are they the useless kinda elves that spend all day singin' about trees or the Heroica kind of elves that can actually get things done?"

av-sirleonard.png

"They don't know. We didn't tell them we'd found the base. They think they're so superior to everyone else — we're not going to give them the opportunity to portray themselves as the saviors of this town by letting them help take down Indiacca."

Atramor shrugged.

"Seems reasonable to me. We all ready to get to it?"

Atramor shrugged.

"Seems reasonable to me. We all ready to get to it?"

av-sirkadarphazan.png

"We are; we're just waiting for you to finish making necessary equipment exchanges, if you have any in mind."

Luke, was it? I believe Arthur Regulus has mentioned you a few times, a pleasure finally meeting you.

av-sirleonard.png

"They don't know. We didn't tell them we'd found the base. They think they're so superior to everyone else — we're not going to give them the opportunity to portray themselves as the saviors of this town by letting them help take down Indiacca."

Instead, what? You send us in and call the credit for yourselves?

Not that I'm really complaining, it's just politics.

Instead, what? You send us in and call the credit for yourselves?

Not that I'm really complaining, it's just politics.

av-sirleonard.png

"No, as we mentioned in our quest advertisement, we have no intention of ever telling any of the citizens of R'kilf what happens here tonight."

"Thanks master Gibbin, I'll try to put them to good use."

"And yes, I am ready, let's go kill some pirates."

av-sirleonard.png

"No, as we mentioned in our quest advertisement, we have no intention of ever telling any of the citizens of R'kilf what happens here tonight."

Fair enough. I suppose we're all ready, then.

Atramor nodded to Dyric and Namyrra.

"Let's get to it, then."

"And I trust we won't have a pack of undead at our backs this time," remarked Atramor jokingly to the new archmage. "Speakin' of which, I think 'ya can put some of these scrolls to better use than I can." He handed over all three of his scrolls to Namyrra.

"Ah, yes, you may as well have my Scroll of Arc Sleep as well...oh, and weapons dealer, you may as well take this Gladius, my 3 Shields. I hand said items to Atramor and my Scroll of Arc Sleep to Namyrra.

I'm not sure if Atramor can us the Heavy Flail or not, but just in case.

Edited by Palathadric

Atramor shrugs, equipping the Mythril Shield.

"Thanks, mate. This should help."

"Ah, Mage, may I borrow that extra staff of yours, since most of my weapons are imbued with gems, it would be helpful if we were to encounter enemies that were immune to those elements. At least it would prevent me from needing to use this old thing," I say, holding up the old steak that is magically not completely decayed after hanging around in my cart for a couple of years.

Just managed to load the page and I saw the Atramor can't equip the Heavy Flail, so I won't bother giving it to him. :classic:

Edited by Palathadric

"Certainly old man, here, take it."

Namyrra gives the Necromancer's staff to Pretzel.

"In fact, it might even be for sale if the price is right, and it could come in handy if you ever decide to take up the necromantic arts."

The DAMN Party:

14692172731_f204630c8a_t.jpg

Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie) *Party Leader*

32-year-old human male, Regulator

Level 32.75
*Battle Style: Orderly* *Negative effects last one Round* *Immune to
All Elements
Poison
, and Doomed*

Power:
(Level: 32 + WP: 20) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 20 + SP: 4 + SP: 6 + SP: 4)

Health:
62/62
(base HP: 7 + Level bonus: 31 + Class bonus: 12 + artifact bonus: 6 + permanent boost: 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Pheles Kris
(WP: 20; wielder has a ½ chance to generate an Aura;
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Earth
Wind
Light
-, and
Darkness
-elemental; Dagger),
Mythril Shield
(SP: 20; Shield),
Amulet of the Court
(Negative effects last one Round; immune to
Water
Lightning
, and
Wood
Rat's Hide
(SP: 4; suitable for anyone; Backwear),
Galactic Armor
(SP: 6; max HP +6; immune to
Fire
Earth
Wind
Ice
Light
Darkness
, and Doomed; suitable for anyone; Bodywear),
Helmet of Azzurat
(SP: 4; immune to
Poison

Inventory:

• Tiger Claws (WP: 15; double WP against Humanoids;
Darkness
-elemental; Dual Strike; Dagger), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; immune to
Fire
; Shield), Crescent Shield (SP: 5; halves Damage from elemental attacks; Shield), Robust Shield (SP: 12; shield)

• Desert Cloak (immune to
Fire
; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk

• Agni Bomb (100
Fire
-elemental Damage to all enemies), Bones (3), Health Core, Mulled Wine, Phoenix Essence, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Grating Stone, Jinxy Juice, Flint and Steel (Handy for starting fires)

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone
, Orc-kin
(The Legonater)

Human male, Assassin

Level 26.33
*Steals 50% more Gold* *Immune to
All Elements
and
Blinded
*Lucky*

Power:
(Level: 26 + WP: 27) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 6)

Health:
38/38
(base HP: 7 + Level bonus: 25 + Class bonus: 5 + Permanent boost: 1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow
(WP: 27;
Ice
- and
Darkness
-elemental; Longbow),
Lucky Die
(User is permanently
*Lucky*
Night's Helmet
(SP: 6; immune to
Water
Wood
Earth
Ice
Fire
Wind
Lightning
Light
Darkness
, and
Blinded
; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Sticky Gloves
(increases amount of Gold stolen by 50%; suitable for Rogues and Beast Warriors; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Requiem (WP: 20;
Wood
- and
Light
-elemental; Longbow), Tarok's Wrath (WP: 20, ½ chance to Instantly Kill orcs; Dagger), Double Chain Whip (WP: 10; Whip), Throwing Knife (WP: 4; Throwing Weapon)

• Winged Sandals (immune to
Bound
and
Slowed
; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3; immune to
Ice
and
Water
; suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors; Bodywear), Tricorne (SP: 3; immune to
Light
and
Darkness

Diamond

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magic Compass

• Potions (4), Grand Potions (4), Tonic, Remedies (2), Banana (restores full HP to target), Elixir, Cosmic Essence, Meads (2), Nostrum, Mulled Wine, Soma, Venom (2), Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the
Poisoned by 7
and
Cursed
effects for the duration of one battle), Mythril Shards (3/4 Mythril), Military Grade Light Bomb, Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Diamond Lamp of Summoning (1/3 uses left), Bones (3), Skeleton Decoy

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

1337-year-old Fenarian female, Archmage

Level 45.8
*Gains Triple XP* *Immune to
Sealed
Bound
, and
Slowed

Power:
(Level: 45 + WP: 28) (
Power Bonus:
0)

Defense:
(SP: 3 + SP: 2 + SP: 5)

Health:
64/64
(base HP: 5 + Level bonus: 44 + Class bonus: 10 + permanent boost: 5)

Ether:
69/69
(base Ether: 5 + Level bonus: 44 + artifact bonus: 5 + artifact bonus: 4 + Class bonus: 10 + permanent boost: 1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mythril Empyreal Staff
(WP: 28),
Robe of the Archmagi
(SP: 3; max Ether +5; immune to
Sealed
; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Bodywear),
Medal of Glory
(Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory),
Ethereal Cloak
(SP: 2; max Ether +4; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear),
Fanged Helm
(SP: 5; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Winged Sandals
(immune to
Bound
and
Slowed
; suitable for anyone; Footwear)

Inventory:

• Crystal Mace (WP: 45 (5*gems imbued);
Fire
Ice
Wind
Water
Lightning
Earth
Wood
Light
-, and
Darkness
-elemental; Mace), Nocturne Flute (WP: 6; inflicts the
Asleep
effect; Instrument)

• Gold Dragon Crown (max Ether +6; immune to
Lightning
and
Stunned
; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Seductive Perfume (adds the
Enamored
effect to all attacks; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Desert Cloak (immune to
Fire
Earth
, and
Wind
; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Water Canteen (Carries 3 portions of water; Accessory), Cobweb Cowl (immune to
Sudden Death
; suitable for anyone; Backwear)

Amethyst
Emerald
Topaz
Garnet
Diamond
Sapphire
Ruby
Aquamarines
(2)

• Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Arc Blinding (½ chance of casting the
Blinded
-effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies), Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Arc Frailty (½ chance to inflict the
Fragile
effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies), Scroll of Fire Armor (½ chance to conjure a layer of fiery armor over the target, giving them a ½ chance to deal the
Burned by 10
when hit by Damage or Special Damage; costs 5 Ether), Scroll of Ice Armor (½ chance to conjure a layer of icy armor over the target, giving them a ½ chance to deal the
Stunned
effect when hit by Damage or Special Damage; costs 5 Ether), Scroll of Arc Sleep (½ chance of casting the
Asleep
-effect to all enemies; costs Ether equal to the number of enemies)

• Potions (8), Grand Potions (5), Health Core, Tonics (3), Ether Cores (4), Remedies (9), Phoenix Essences (3), Phoenix Incenses (2), Meads (12), Smelling Salts (6), Nostrum (6), Ambrosia, Deadly Venom (2), Smoke Bombs (2), Holy Bomb, Water Bomb (14), Lightning Bomb (14), Dirt Bomb (3), Aeolus Bomb, Agni Bomb, Flash Bomb, Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons for one battle), Soul Cage (Doomed-effect to all combatants), Naamah's Hourglass (Randomly causes either Hastened or Slowed to the target at the cost of 3 Ether), Skeleton Decoys (2), Bones (17)

• Pickaxe, Bedroll, Jade Lamp of Summoning (summons Mediq)

• Silver Ore (60 Gold)

untitled-16.png

Monk Pretzel
and his 99 pieces, the Super Sleuth
(Palathatric)

463-year-old human male 'hermit', Artisan

Level 30
*Immune to
Fragile
*Counterstriking*

Power:
38 (+5)
(Level: 30 + WP: 8) (
Power Bonus:
artifact bonus: 5 in the Front Row)

Defense:
8 (+5)
(SP: 5 + SP: 3 + artifact bonus: 5 in the Back Row)

Health:
55/55
(base HP: 9 + Level bonus: 29 + Class bonus: 15 + permanent boost: 2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dual Staff
(WP: 8;
Ice
Lightning
Fire
Wind
-, and
Light
-elemental; dual strike, Staff),
Strategist's Shako
(+5 Power in the Front Row; +5 SP in the Back Row; suitable for anyone; Headwear),
Heavy Armor
(SP: 5; immune to
Fragile
; suitable for Barbarians, Knights, Dragoons, Skirmishers, and Regulators; Bodywear),
Cloak of Necrotic Shielding
(SP: 3; provides
Special Guard
against Undead enemies; suitable for anyone; Backwear), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, he counters with strength equal to his Level; suitable for anyone; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Flying Cross (WP: 6;
Darkness
-elemental; Broomstick), Steak (WP: 1;
Instantly Kills
vampires on successful hits; suitable for anyone), Heavy Flail (WP: 5; causes
Fragile
; Mace), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8; damages Undead; Greatsword), Staff of the Necromancer (WP: 12; damages Undead; +1 Level to raised Undead; Staff)

• Duplovian Helmet (SP: 2; immune to
Magic
and
Healing
; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Bumble Fanshirt (SP: 1;
Scary
effect against Vermin; Bodywear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2; max Ether +4; suitable for Mages, Clerics, Necromancers, and Scholars; Backwear), Soothing Slippers (Meditation restores 5 Ether; suitable for Paladins, Sages, Shamans, Necromancers, Scholars, Archmages, High Clerics, and Prophets; Footwear), Soul Link Chain (Allows the user to pair up with another party member, each of them gaining all the effects that the other has; the partner has to equip the chain as well; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Magic Viper Skin (wearer heals 1 HP per Round unless Knocked Out; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from Fleeing battles; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Blessed Amulet (immune to
Cursed
; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Rock Gauntlets (grants the wearer
Iron Fist
at no Ether cost; Handwear)

Amethyst
Emerald
Garnet
Aquamarine

• Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blinding

• Potions (3), Grand Potions (14), Cherry (restores 1 Ether), Tonics (4), Ether Cores (2), Remedies (7), Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (restores full Health and Ether to target and removes all negative effects), Phoenix Incenses (2), Phoenix Essences (3), Smelling Salts (2), Nostrums (2), Mead (2), Venom (5), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Jinxy Juices (2), Smoke Bombs (3), Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Military Grade Fire Bomb, 13 Bones, Raw Meat (permanent +5 max Health), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to permanently deal the
Poisoned by 7
and
Cursed
effects)

• Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Shovel, Magic Compass, Magic Shovel (will always find something when used; limit of three uses per quest)

postspacer.png

av-luke.png

"Ah, here's Sir Isaac now:"

quest05-03.png

With much tugging of the rope, the 'knight' in black raises his head above the level of the floorboards, half placing, half tossing his sword down in front of you. As he pulls himself out, Sir Bur'dazgar turns to address you.

av-sirburdazgar.png

"Heroes, before you get going, here's how things will work down there:"

postspacer.png

Special Rules Because All Brickdoctor Quests Must Have A Strategic Battle Gimmick:

• The map will be laid out as a grid of squares, with the fog of war covering what you cannot yet see.

• The lines between squares are color coded: you can cross lines that are green; you cannot cross lines that are red.

• In a battle, you can move up to three squares with each turn; diagonal moves are allowed. You may attack or use an item once at any time during these moves. Hastened heroes may move up to six squares, and attack or use an item twice at any time during these moves.

• Outside of a battle, you're free to move around as much as you want and investigate things or move up.

• You must be standing in a square adjacent to an enemy in order to melee attack.

• Line-of-sight is required for a ranged attack. I'm going to be fairly lenient with this, since it can be hard to judge.

• Bombs can be tossed anywhere, rather than at a specific target, even at squares you can't see. You can try to bounce them around corners, or you can target a specific square that you can see. Why is this important?

• Well, because AoE actions — Magic Bursts, group heals, Auras and Guardian Angels, bombs, any actions and abilities affecting more than one target — affect all targets within a radius of two squares (not including the square of origin, so a diameter of five squares), so you need to be careful about where you aim them. (For simplicity's sake, offensive actions such as Bombs will
    not
    harm your allies, and defensive actions such as group heals will
    not
    heal your enemies. In-universe, you're expecting the action and they are not.)

• Back Row/Front Row still works as usual. Think of it as a defensive versus an aggressive approach to your action.

• Objects in the battlefield will provide cover from attacks, granting a +5 SP bonus to a target standing next to them if they're between the target and his attacker. Objects that are taller than head-high break line-of-sight.

• As always, creative solutions are welcome — you don't need to confine your thinking to what I've defined in these rules! (I mean, obviously you can't
    break
    them, but...)

postspacer.png

av-sirleonard.png

"We'll head over to the other entrance."

av-sirisaacshawe.png

"Right. Belsant, head down and get ready to climb that ventilation shaft."

The five warriors break for their assigned positions, leaving only Sir Isaac, who finally turns to acknowledge and address you, as you prepare to drop down into the tunnels.

quest05-04.png

av-sirisaacshawe.png

"Hello, heroes. In light of the recent Minotaur and Pongcanis incursions, this little council of knights has convened to assault the raiders' base.

"Master Gibbin, you have been chosen to lead this initiative; to oversee R'kilf's first and last line of defense. Your efforts will have considerable influence on this town's future. We urge you to keep that in mind as you proceed.

"

."

postspacer.png

grid1.png

You drop down the rope into a tunnel with walls and floor of stone. Behind you and to your left and your right are walls. You see that the tunnel is at this point wide enough for all four of you to stand side by side. In the immediate moments right after you drop down and attempt to orient yourself, you quickly get a look at your surroundings up to about twelve studs in front of you.

Neat. As long as we're not saving civilians and no Chrysallids show up, we should be fine. :sweet: If so, we're going to die terrible, terrible deaths.

Atramor looks around, peeking through the barred window(?) between the supports on the wall.

Namyrra walks to A3, carefully picks up the bottles to avoid making noise, and opens the chest.

Atramor looks around, peeking through the barred window(?) between the supports on the wall.

You move to get a better look at the bars, and see that they fit over a shaft that leads upwards. A slight breeze is detectable across your face, as air is pushed out through the grating. From down the shaft, you hear faint voices.

av-sirisaacshawe.png

"Oh, look, a spinning razor-sharp fan blocking our path. Never saw that coming."

av-belsant.png

"So predictable..."

You hear a dull clang, and then the air stops flowing out of the shaft.

Namyrra walks to A3, carefully picks up the bottles to avoid making noise, and opens the chest.

Inside the chest, you find:

heroica-mead.jpg MeadCauses the Encouraged effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle.

grid2.png

As your eyes adjust to the dim lighting, you start to make out shapes about sixteen studs in front of you. You hear low growls coming from further down the tunnel.

I move to D3.

"Blackmarketeer, what is that ropey thing hanging down in front of the window? Can those torches be of use to us?"