Sign in to follow this  
Nikola Bathory

Hi!

I try to upload an avatar pic from my PC, it's within the 100x100 limit, it's not bigger than 5 KB and I still get this error:

The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.

Any idea why? :pir_bawling:

Maybe you already have other attachments stored :pir-look: ?

The total filespace counts for the sum of all your attachments; it does not count for every single one.

LuxorV

Is that the one you wanted?

No. This one is a stupid generic avatar from within the forum gallery. :pir_bawling:

I will have a look at the attachments, but I think that I don't have any other files in there.

edit: Great! It works now! I don't know how, but it works, hehe.

Feel free to close this topic.

Edited by Nikola Bathory

No. This one is a stupid generic avatar from within the forum gallery. :pir_bawling:

I will have a look at the attachments, but I think that I don't have any other files in there.

Are you sure? photo-2940.jpg

EDIT: It works because I fixed it. You must have some other attachments though...

Well, I want to upload an image for my avatar and the pixel size is 79 x 100 and the limit is 100 x 100 so I take it out of my profile, its shows up, and I click "update my avatar" but I still have my old Rock Raiders avatar, Help Me!!!!

Edited by mandziarat

You have to press "reload". Then take a fresh look and it should be there.

Using this image , (which is a .jpg), I tried to cut it so I could get an avatar of the commanders head, (right here), but when I do this it turns the future avvie into a .bmp, so I cant use it! :cry_sad::cry_sad:

Can someone help me?

(This might not go here, but I put it here since it involves Avatars.)

jifel

Here it is.. fixed.. just make sure you save it as a jpg next time.

Please save and upload it to your own brickshelf in order to use it.

How do you save it as .jpg , for the future?

jifel

You can just use MS paint to do it. All you need to do is open a picture in paint, click "File", then "Save As", and click the "Save as type" drop-down list.

EDIT: Here's an attachment... Deleted to save space.

Edited by ILikePi

You can just use MS paint to do it. All you need to do is open a picture in paint, click "File", then "Save As", and click the "Save as type" drop-down list.

EDIT: Here's an attachment...

Thanks! I just needed the "save as type" part. I guess this can be closed, as my problem is solved.

jifel

I can't seem to be able to change my avatar. I've tried removing it and then opening a new one, just opening a new one, and I still can't seem to get it to change. However, while my current one is 100x100, the one I tried to change it to is 99x99, and it says that the picture (the one that won't change) is 99x99, while it is actually 100x100.

My computer recently got a memory wipe, and the file the avatar won't change from isn't there anymore, so I think it may very well have something to do with this.

Is there any way I, or a member of the staff, can fix this problem?

First of all, are you sure you clicked on the Save Changes button after selecting the file from your computer?

A possible solution would be to up-load your avatar file on a photo sharing site (Brickshelf, Flickr, MOCpages and similar) and try to use the URL from there.

This happened to me a couple of times (getting a new size but still old avatar picture), usually refreshing the page solved the problem!

Yes, I saved changes. I would've tried Brickshelf, but I noticed somebody already fixed it for me. :grin:

Haven't tried refreshing yet, but again, already fixed.

Edited by CallMePie

I have one question regarding avatars, or to be more precise, about the pictures itself.

I was wondering how to make pictures (avatar) to have no background, I mean, lets say, just a car, without sky or whatever in the background?

Just picture of the car without any pixels shown around it.

I tried to manually cut the background from the picture, but when I upload it, it still has white background which is annoying in forums with colored skin.

Thanks

I tried to manually cut the background from the picture, but when I upload it, it still has white background which is annoying in forums with colored skin.

Not all file formats support transparency. JPG for example doesn't, GIF or PNG do support transparency. Be sure to set the background to transparent instead of white in your graphics program.