This gorgeous tall building was once an architectural highlight of the city. It was also one of the centers of business activity, usually overcrowded by citizens.

21347699943_e17235ab2c_z.jpg 21971246095_1ea9153b79_z.jpg

Everything changed when alien invaders suddenly came from the darkest depths of Earth. Giant drilling machines pierced the earth surface, and myriads of underground creatures flooded into the city, forcing its inhabitants to flee. Elephant Building sustained severe internal damage and now it is on the verge of destruction, although its facade and distinctive columns remain intact. Let us discover the interior of the building while it still stands.

Ground floor hosts a media shop with very expressive shop windows. It used to be just a bookshop at first but later the assortment has been broaden with music and video. Ironically, the shop window dedicated to books was first to be destroyed.

21989645592_b623b3bd3a_b.jpg

Above the bookshop we can find a private apartment where there is something going on. It was once owned by a respectable but stubborn family who refused to move when the building was being turned nonresidential. However, at some point the apartment was occupied by a group of dangerous criminals. Some said that this apartment became the very center of criminal activity in the city. Despite evil intentions of these people, let us hope that nobody was inside the bathroom when it was smashed.

21984187532_28c29a5724_b.jpg

Coincidentally, there is a bank office right above the suspicious apartment. It is unclear whether it was a target of the criminals or their own organization. Anyway, it was not them who made the big hole in the floor.

21805427489_da76fc4e4c_c.jpg 21965907686_225fa6db4b_c.jpg

Also, there is a courtroom in the attic...

21974088815_3278289b45_c.jpg

...And a shed on the roof. It is a perfectly ordinary shed, but who knows, maybe someone has been writing music inside of it?

21780387549_5beb07569a_z.jpg

And here is some of the furniture used in the building.

21630119595_1ff687f2ea_z.jpg

Model characteristics:

• 32 x 32 corner modular building.
  • Building comprises 3 stories, an attic and a shed on the roof resulting in an overall height of 45 bricks.
  • Model consists of over 8500 parts.

Additional links:

Edited by sheo

Wow, Just magnificent

Totally the kind architecture i like, and the inner parts are wonderful, very good job.......

Wow! Incredible how much you fitted into that building. The Lounge chairs, swiwel chairs are brilliant. My favorites so far, although it will take several views to soak it all in.

Brilliant! The building itself is wonderful and the story made me laugh :classic:

It feels larger than 32x32 with all the details you put in it. Well done!

My favourite parts are the shop windows and that television. Where did you get that blue part?

This is really cool, I had to re-read it a few times to work out what was going on and its so funny, I like it! The building exterior is impressive in itself but the inside where the action is happening is the best. Very Cool.

Waaaaouuuh!

I don't like the black stuff downstair (I don't know what is the name for this kind of stuff in english, maybe column?), but the building is just amazing. It looks like a building in Rue de Rivoli in Paris, not exactly the same but I feel like it. I will always remember when I was a kid I visited a trading floor into a building in rue de Rivoli and seing your moc I want to build it but I will do a trading floor into it instead of court.

Very impressive!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

I don't like the black stuff downstair

It's one of the drilling machines of the alien invaders. Nobody liked them when they suddenly appeared from underground. ;)

Very nice. I like the furniture most. Very clever techniques used there. The collumns seem a bit dark to me though but other than that: Great job.

Wow, this is really an awesome building! I like the details inside as well.

But I also think the collumns would maybe look nice in grey. Anyway a great building.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :)

It's one of the drilling machines of the alien invaders. Nobody liked them when they suddenly appeared from underground. ;)

I think the drill looks incredible. The whole thing just has so many little details - really well done; Congratulations on an incredible build!

Great stuff here, I'm looking at it for the 3rd time in 2 days. I especially appreciate new ideas for unusual parts.

What's the matt- rubber looking stuff the fancy chairs are made of? I don't want to copy them, I'm just curious.

The only thing i'm not too fond of here is breaking up the letters that you use for shop window signage, in fact i'm not a fan of those font tiles in general.

The black columns are a peculiar choice of color, but not impossible, marble and some stones can be black I guess, I think it looks good.

Also great use of the lion heads, usually in building MOC's they are used too prominently, you made them fit in just right.

Edited by Sven F

What's the matt- rubber looking stuff the fancy chairs are made of? I don't want to copy them, I'm just curious.

These are Technic, Axle Connector Double Flexible (Rubber).

Regarding the color of the big columns, it was limited to black because of the tires for pulley wheels which I wanted to use. I'm always frustrated with color limitations in Lego. At least black columns exist in reality.

Edited by sheo

Wow, just wow! All those details are magnificent. :wub:

Just a small nitpick: I'm not sure about the colour of the columns being black but I understand why you made that choice.

Awesome! Love the facade and the furniture is great, especially the TV!

It seems that the telly stole the show. :laugh:

Edited by sheo

It seems that the telly stole the show. :laugh:

It was necessary to first put only one TV.

Stunningly stylish house from the outside. Very varied inside the eyes diverge.

No less TV I was shocked open deposit box for storage. Your model must be read as a very interesting book. Several times in a row. you will always find something amazing.

21965907686_93fe87c027_c.jpg

Edited by Nemo57