LegoSjaak

MOC: 3677 Cargo Center

Here some pictures of a part of my new cargocentre for the 3677 cargotrain.

Awesome collection you got there!!

That's a lot of toxic sludge to leave near those poor towns people :sick: :sick: :sick:

Wow that is a lot of box cars! Have you been buying those cars individually? I've thought about doing that. Also could you take a photo (or two) of an arial overview of the yard, as well as, the surrounding area behind? default_classic.gif

It looks to me like a very efficient operation. I wish that I had an operation that efficient on my railway. :hmpf:

like when people have multiples of the same rolling stock. You'd be surprised how good of deals you can find on current set individual rolling stock cars. I got my Maersk cars for less than $20 each with shipping.

Suggest you place an image in this thread for all to see. Some may have trouble accessing FlickR.

Hello Brickster, i would love to post an image, but when i use the Flickr images, EB says that the used extension is not allowed... I do not know how to tackle that problem, and that is why i only place links.... Maybe i can try to put the images in Brickshel ad well, and try again to post pictures out of Brickshelf instead of Flickr....

Thanks in advance for your help...!

(..and thanks for changing the title Piuresct in Pictures.... :look: )

Gteetz, LegoSjaak

Wow that is a lot of box cars! Have you been buying those cars individually? I've thought about doing that. Also could you take a photo (or two) of an arial overview of the yard, as well as, the surrounding area behind? default_classic.gif

Leg Godt Gud, thanks for your reaction. I bought 9 extra cars individually... Someone here in the Netherlands splits sets and sells the separate rolling stock still in the original Lego bags... so that is okay! The price of each car was 20 euro's. But for me it is better than buying complete sets. The engine and the green/white boxcar are the only things i like from the 3677 set... The other cars and the maintenancevehicle is not my thing... :sceptic:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Awesome collection you got there!!

That's a lot of toxic sludge to leave near those poor towns people :sick: :sick: :sick:

Haha... yeah, and those barrels are not only toxic... they light in the dark....and are radioactive as well... The barrels are ready to go on a transport from the Netherland to Gorleben in Germany, where they will be put in an old deep saltmine... :look:

Greetz, LegoSjaak

OMG !

That's a lot of rolling stock and such a busy place 'LegoSjaak', excellent layout.....Brick On ! :classic:

Hi there Lightningtiger, this Cargocenter is part of my 8 square meters layout... have a look on flickr to see other pictures, or check out my latest HD Video on YouTube... it is reaaly a nice quality video, worth seeing, IMO!

HD Lego City video LegoSjaak YouTube

Yesterday I had the same problem with a picture but it turned out I named it "...jpg " so an added space at the end. Then it also says: "image not allowed".

I'll check that out, Jopie! Bedankt alvast!

6636988501_4f1822d5d0.jpg

Yeah, it worked out...now i get it, how it it's done!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Wow that is a lot of box cars! Have you been buying those cars individually? I've thought about doing that. Also could you take a photo (or two) of an arial overview of the yard, as well as, the surrounding area behind?

Leg Godt Gud, here is a photo....

6636943907_be401d46aa.jpg

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Broken quotes corrected by moderator. -TheBrickster

Leg Godt Gud, thanks for your reaction. I bought 9 extra cars individually... Someone here in the Netherlands splits sets and sells the separate rolling stock still in the original Lego bags... so that is okay! The price of each car was 20 euro's. But for me it is better than buying complete sets. The engine and the green/white boxcar are the only things i like from the 3677 set... The other cars and the maintenancevehicle is not my thing...

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Thanks for posting the photo 'LegoSjaak'. I like the new corner addition, it's coming along nicely. Those extra cars are about $20 dollars here as well. I've only purchased one but, want more of that and the tipper car default_classic.gif

Thanks for posting the photo 'LegoSjaak'. I like the new corner addition, it's coming along nicely. Those extra cars are about $20 dollars here as well. I've only purchased one but, want more of that and the tipper car default_classic.gif

Hi Leg Godt Gud, do you live in the US? It is here in the Netherlands not so easy to find a larger amount of boxcars. That is also because the 3677 set is not sold in shops here, so there are not very much people who own this set. I was lucky to see that, after buying three cars, the seller bought another 3 cargotrain sets, and het offered another 3 boxcars on his site.. But for now 10 is enough...these cars are really heavy, although they roll véry easy because they are short.

I will try to make a new HD video this weekend, so the whole layout is visible to other AFOLS!

Maybe i'll post the video here... but i'do not want to post too often....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Leg Godt Gud, do you live in the US? It is here in the Netherlands not so easy to find a larger amount of boxcars. That is also because the 3677 set is not sold in shops here, so there are not very much people who own this set. I was lucky to see that, after buying three cars, the seller bought another 3 cargotrain sets, and het offered another 3 boxcars on his site.. But for now 10 is enough...these cars are really heavy, although they roll véry easy because they are short.

I will try to make a new HD video this weekend, so the whole layout is visible to other AFOLS!

Maybe i'll post the video here... but i'do not want to post too often....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I do live in the U.S. so, I see these and the other cars on regularly eBay. I place bids on them every once in a while. It's unfortunate that they don't sell this train near you but, at least you were able to get so many. I do agree, the box car is very heavy. I haven't built my 3677 yet but, did build my extra car and was very surprised. I would like to see a new video though, I've seen all your other ones, as well. I love each one default_classic.gif

I do live in the U.S. so, I see these and the other cars on regularly eBay. I place bids on them every once in a while. It's unfortunate that they don't sell this train near you but, at least you were able to get so many. I do agree, the box car is very heavy. I haven't built my 3677 yet but, did build my extra car and was very surprised. I would like to see a new video though, I've seen all your other ones, as well. I love each one default_classic.gif

I hope i can make a new HD video tomorrow, and hopefully i can post it too..depends on it whether the video did work out well!

If it works out, i will post a link here from my newest video!

Thank you for being so enthusiastic... it triggers me to keep searching for a nicer city and better scenes!! (Really...!!)

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I love the wooden palettes stacked up - very clever.

Now that you mentioned that... i realize that i actually never saw stacked pallets before... Maybe i'll order a few more tan plates, to make a few extra stacks!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Hi Lego Godt Gud, here is a link to my newest High Definition Video on YouTube..shot it on january 8 2012....

Greetz, LegoSjaak

I watched you Flickr page and the layout is mindboggling. I imagined the Horizon Express driving on it. Please update us with pictures when you get it.

I bet you´ll get two at least :laugh:

Looks great, seeing thes images makes me really want a full time space for the layout, just looks so good

I watched you Flickr page and the layout is mindboggling. I imagined the Horizon Express driving on it. Please update us with pictures when you get it.

I bet you´ll get two at least :laugh:

Oh yeah, Wabbajack, i will defintely buy two HE's. Hope i have some empty track for it to put it on... my city gets a bit overcrowded, although we are used to crowded cities here in Holland!!

Seen my HD YouTube Video's too?

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Love the layout, very busy...but in a good way. Great videos too.

Thanks, i tried really hard to make these videos...trying to get only my layout on it, and no walls or floor from my house or whatever.

Yhe quality is pretty good, the slower i move tha cam on the tripod, the better the video gets!!

8135718141_edd25c5746.jpg

8135742830_7c2df986e0.jpg

What an amazing layout! Everybody seems to be very busy doing something and there's so much traffic on the roads too. Thankyou for sharing your video and pictures they are very inspiring.

What an amazing layout! Everybody seems to be very busy doing something and there's so much traffic on the roads too. Thankyou for sharing your video and pictures they are very inspiring.

Thanks, that is one of the best compliment, my layout being inspiring to others! I wanted to create a dynamic city, although everything stands still... i hope i did a good job, the last few years... !

Greetz and thanks, LegoSjaak