moc_23ford_1.jpg

1923 Model T Ford Hotrod.

Started with Lightning McQueens' wheels. Although they were very modern looking extreme wide and lowprofile, they now look like rims sporting whitewalls. Still, the tires are far too wide, but hey, you can't have it all can you... ;-) The build started out yellow but I soon discovered I hadn't nearly enough usable yellow bricks. So instead I used white. And that helps it in being nostalgic/traditional too. I've also used quit a lot of my childhood bricks, including some robust 80's Technic.

But enough of the talk. Go look at the pics!

moc_23ford_2.jpg

moc_23ford_3.jpg

moc_23ford_4.jpg

moc_23ford_5.jpg

moc_23ford_6.jpg

Awesome hot rod, I'm glad to see the use of the new arches in official sets as well as MOCs.

Thanks guys!

Awesome hot rod, I'm glad to see the use of the new arches in official sets as well as MOCs.

I love those odd pieces. I'd planned to make em point backwards like fins, but it looked so much better this way.

It isn't bad, but in my view it has very wide front tires ;)

Ya don't say... ;-)

Heheh... I know.

like I said: too wide and too low profile. But these are the wheel I háve to use. I only have some 80's technic wheels as an option and they don't have that much of creative ways of using them... Using parts that aren't perfect makes you creative. Trying to make something good out of something bad with very limited bricks. I love that search for the best compromise, which building with Legos is... Compromising, cause the good thing about the wheels is that the visible white rim looks like a whitewall! Thát sort of creative sollutions give me more pleasure than a perfectly detailed model. To me it has to have the right vibe. :-)

But I agree with you. The front tires, especially on a T bucket should be 1/3rd of the width they are now, and much MUCH taller.

Very nicely done :)

:-)

This looks better than the new hotrod from TLG.......

That technic hotrod is an abomintion not worthy of the Lego name. I know for sure any of us here can make a more appealing hotrod with the same or even less bricks. So thanks, but it's hardly a compliment... Heheh... ;-)

Thanks guys!

That technic hotrod is an abomintion not worthy of the Lego name. I know for sure any of us here can make a more appealing hotrod with the same or even less bricks. So thanks, but it's hardly a compliment... Heheh... ;-)

Well said! I am stunned that set made it into production. It doesn't even contain any new parts, just the new tires.

Yeah, that new hot rod is :sick:

What if you used model team tyres? They're about 1/3 of the width and they're quite a bit taller.

Yeah, that new hot rod is :sick:

What if you used model team tyres? They're about 1/3 of the width and they're quite a bit taller.

That probably will make it look better, but I just have to work with what I've got. I'm not planning to buy lot's of Lego anytime soon... Maybe, if I find a cheap set that contains em I'll certainly think about it. Thanks for the suggestion!

yes, I must agree with you, the ways how to make something with limited sources are the best ways, because they make the buildser the most delighted. ;) The white walls look good too, but the width is too much for me...;)

yes, I must agree with you, the ways how to make something with limited sources are the best ways, because they make the buildser the most delighted. ;) The white walls look good too, but the width is too much for me...;)

I'm with you on that :-) as soon as I find a (very) cheap set that contains thinner, but taller wheels I'm gonna snatch it up and replace these low-profilers...

I'm with you on that :-) as soon as I find a (very) cheap set that contains thinner, but taller wheels I'm gonna snatch it up and replace these low-profilers...

Maybe you could try bricklink ;)

Maybe you could try bricklink ;)

I think I've heard of that place... :-p

I won't be using it though. That website is far too dangerous for me and my wallet, if you catch my drift... But thanks for your suggestions. I'll probably considder it in the future. :-)

Mmm, like it a lot. Especially, its front part. Looks very realistic at all)

Thanks Energo! Though not everyone agrees with you on the front part. Especially on the wide rims...

I've done an engineswap guys!

I had'n't had a particular engine in mind and just build something that resembles a typical hotrod engine. But today I build a Flathead mill to put between (or rather on top) of the framerails. Hope you like. Maxi-figure isn't too sure about it yet. So help him decide! ;-)

moc_23ford_8.jpg

moc_23ford_9.jpg

moc_23ford10.jpg

Oh wow, I missed this post! It looks awesome, I love the new engine, but I think I still like the old one better.