Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

An eBay find that just made me laugh too hard

Ok, I had a hard time determining where to put this. Theoretically, it's an auction for custom Jedi figures that I wouldn't buy if it was the last auction on eBay.

I desperately hope the person running it isn't a member here. I should have thought of that before starting this message. Oh well, here we go ...

c556_1.JPG

Reasons I couldn't stop laughing.

Jedi Ron Weasley, aka Jedi Joe Vig without his hat and his tighty whities over his jedi pants.

Jedi Timmy, yellow stained underpants and all!

Introducing Sith Lord King Kahuka! When he isn't tormenting those pesky pirates, he's hunting down the jedi!

There's funny things about some of the others too. Like that guy *points* See? He's funny! X-D

I'm not sure where else to go with this. :-|

I should go to bed now.

It's still funny, you know it is. :-P

Do you have a link?

I didn't think anyone would want it, one sec. *goes looking*

Here we go ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260156240404

At least he called them custom. Some of his others he isn't as clear on.

I found it while looking at minifig lots. I kept noticing his auctions were drastically overpriced (this one is almost reasonable compared to some, unless you consider how many of those are just stickered plain torsos) and always a little odd in some way.

Bounty hunters where you end up with Luke and Han in exoforce hair and a Jango with no helmet ($65???).

Cloud City security with one proper guard, some blank knockoffs, and a non-Lando Lando ($55???).

About the only good deals I saw were Batman figs, since they were all official and not drastically overpriced, I guess. Of course they're coming out of sets that are on nice clearance sales here.

I didn't think anyone would want it, one sec. *goes looking*

I just want to be able to watch and see if someone actually buys them. It is amazing what some people buy on eBay thinking they have got a good deal... :-P

Let's hope no one bids, I'm a half inch from concluding that he's a crook.

Browse his feedback and look for the unlucky bidder who won about $800 worth of his stuff. Odd that so many end at the same price. Must be a coincidence, I'm sure.

Check the bid history on the items and notice that one bidder is frequently directly under the winning bid. Well, that could be normal, since it's all similar items, sure.

Check the location of the seller and that underbidder.

Seller: Elicott City, Maryland.

Underbidder: Columbia City, Maryland.

Still a coincidence. Except the listings for the Columbia City bidder state that he's in Elicott.

Oh look, the seller is also a bidder. He bids on the same kinds of things that the other bidder lists, and sometimes on his auctions. They must save a fortune on shipping ;-)

If it wasn't for eBay's attempt to protect crooked sellers, I could get enough bidding history to prove this one, I'd bet the farm on it. They may or may not be the same person, but I'll bet they're friends.

Oh man this sure sucks..... :-X :-X :-X

Nuff said.... *vader*

I know, and I can't change the thread title to indicate the crooked part of the whole thing. I tried editing the first post, but either I haven't got the posting mojo for it, or I just don't know what I'm doing...

I was going to change it to:

An eBay find that just made me laugh too hard ...

... until I checked out the seller. Potential Crook Alert!

These look pretty funny, but I don't think it's an awful deal. If the capes are genuine, you get twelve of them, and also some hoods, heads, and legs. (I would consider the torsos useless, unless you can get the decals off easily without damaging the print) If the capes are not genuine, then this is just a silly rip off. :-P

His feedback is 99.4% positive?! The buyers must be overlooking some things...

What a scam!

I know, I just read it up and 6 of his negative feedbacks were given by him to another person, all because of 6 different items he never payed for. That's just plain retarded! I mean, why would anyone want to taint his formerly immortal feedback banks? :-P I sure wouldn't! :-|

:'-( I spent a long time on those...What's so funny about them? I think they good.

;-)

I don't want to be too rude, but if you look around here a bit, I think you may see some of these figs in one our newer members avatars... :-/

:'-( I spent a long time on those...What's so funny about them? I think they good.

;-)

I don't want to be too rude, but if you look around here a bit, I think you may see some of these figs in one our newer members avatars... :-/

It's not nice to do that while I'm drinking something ... Now you know the real source of the mysterious sloshing sound. :-$

I think it's following you! You're a jinx, a jonah, you're blowing an ill wind! Well, you did seem to have that gas problem in the last chapter. :-X

*wonders if anyone in the world will get his movie quote and understand just how well it fits the situation* Not a chance.

Oh, and the seller is still a crook. What do we do with crooks, Cap'n?

Oh, and the seller is still a crook. What do we do with crooks, Cap'n?

*sigh* :-| ... keelhaul him...

Here we go again, but this one is worse (except I think the seller might be generally honest, if poorly informed).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=160156191114

$85! But it does include the rare Jar Jar Timmy and a lot of just mildly amusing combinations of characters including some Scout Troopers who put on the wrong pants, a number of other Jar Jar manifestations including Qui Gon, Anakin, and one Battle Droid hybrid.

$85! I couldn't stop laughing until I read closer.

PRICED FOR QUICK SALE!

*wacko* Oh, the pain... :'-(

Sadly, I think he believes that because he's actually charging reasonable shipping. It's just amazing that people sell things with no idea what they are or how much they should get. I'm thankful for that every time I snag something vastly underpriced and at times like this it's good for a free, albeit mean-spirited laugh.

Ah, good times.

If I ever figure out how to edit thread titles, I'm making this my own personal eBay mockery thread. Please, join in! I saw another thread concerning eBay finds, but that seemed to be a more serious look at them, whereas this is just mean entertaining. ;-)

*sweet* I gotta get me a jar jar Timmy!

Add a supped up powered wheel chair and you have the ultimate fig >:-) :-P

Timmmyyyyyyyyyyyy !!

These auctions are really hilarious and its fun to see people's lack of knowledge of what they are selling X-D

*yoda*

This one really isn't particularly funny, I just thought it was kind of neat (and the title made me scratch my head wondering when LEGO had made such a thing, but it's a custom of course).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270165197701

I wouldn't spend that much on it, but it does seem kind of neat. I only vaguely remember one of these places decades ago and then it closed here. I understand they still exist out west.

I understand they still exist out west.

*wacko* Where do you live? In America, there are at least two per town. We have about 4 in Bend. Wal-Mart is trying to fit that many in too... I understand that there are mass amounts of Starbucks on the east coast, though.

BTW, nice title. I suppose people are paying you for the rent? I'm not. :-P

*Snort* Timmy Jar Jar. What an odd collection. What is that battle droid/jar jar thing? *wacko*

*wacko* Where do you live? In America, there are at least two per town. We have about 4 in Bend. Wal-Mart is trying to fit that many in too... I understand that there are mass amounts of Starbucks on the east coast, though.

BTW, nice title. I suppose people are paying you for the rent? I'm not. :-P

*Snort* Timmy Jar Jar. What an odd collection. What is that battle droid/jar jar thing? *wacko*

I'm in Florida and we haven't got a single Der Weinerwhatsit to be seen. We don't have Jack in the Box anymore either and those are still around in other places. Yeah, we're loaded with Starbucks, they seem to be taking over all the Barnie's Tea places. *soapbox on* Coffee sucks, tea rules, people are sheep for following the crappy trend. *soapbox off*

I dunno where that title came from, though I have my suspicions I wasn't about to comment on it in the titles thread and risk the wrath of *yoda*, so I'm just going about my merry way and spamming up my sig with all of the community events people ask me to include. Works for me :-)

I believe that battle droid jar jar is actually part of an Aldar Beedo (wasn't he the parts built partially battle droid partially tan slope and weirdness figure in Watto's Junkyard?) but with a Jar Jar head. I'm not sure it's an improvement.

Wait... What am I saying here? That's not a McDonald's! *wacko* I saw the red and yellow, so I assumed.... Whoops. Or is that the european version of McNasty?

I went to Key West once, and there was a Starbucks on every block. It was sad. :-(

I believe that battle droid jar jar is actually part of an Aldar Beedo (wasn't he the parts built partially battle droid partially tan slope and weirdness figure in Watto's Junkyard?) but with a Jar Jar head. I'm not sure it's an improvement.

Aldaar Beedo was a mold. Not sure what you're saying here. :-/

Wait... What am I saying here? That's not a McDonald's! *wacko* I saw the red and yellow, so I assumed.... Whoops. Or is that the european version of McNasty?

I went to Key West once, and there was a Starbucks on every block. It was sad. :-(

Aldaar Beedo was a mold. Not sure what you're saying here. :-/

Deep breath now. Ok, let's see here.

Der Weinerwhatsit is a drive thru hotdog place out west, despite your imagining that it's a McDonalds. :-P

Starbucks *n* *n* *n*

Aldar Beedo: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw006

sw006.jpg

So nyah! :-P Look at me like I don't know what I'm talking about, will you? HA!

;-)

Here we go again, but this one is worse (except I think the seller might be generally honest, if poorly informed).

Indeed this one is far worse! :-D Still no bids. :-|

I dunno where that title came from, though I have my suspicions I wasn't about to comment on it in the titles thread and risk the wrath of *yoda*, so I'm just going about my merry way and spamming up my sig with all of the community events people ask me to include. Works for me :-)

You can discuss your titles in that thread in funny ways, there are no probs with that ;-) I just wanted to put an end to those ridiculous spamming posts "asking" for one ;-)

*yoda*

You can discuss your titles in that thread in funny ways, there are no probs with that ;-) I just wanted to put an end to those ridiculous spamming posts "asking" for one ;-)

*yoda*

I still haven't figured out how to do 'funny' yet, just ask anyone ;-)

Speaking of which, a man walked into a bar and asked for an innuendo, so the bartender gave it to him. :-$

See what I mean? :-|

I still haven't figured out how to do 'funny' yet, just ask anyone ;-)

Speaking of which, a man walked into a bar and asked for an innuendo, so the bartender gave it to him. :-$

See what I mean? :-|

X-D Yay! Congratulations on your title, buddy! *sweet* *y*

Sign in to follow this