Corioso

Ketch "North Carolina"

[pid][/pid] 116D

Ketch "North Carolina"

6627769213_e76ee6a9f7.jpg6627944297_de52259d0b.jpg

Hi everyone! :pir-classic:

Yeah! Finally I managed to release a ship built for ages! I do not know why I decided to build a ketch. Maybe it is precisely because of its outward disproportion. But due to its design, thus it is able to withstand the terrible impact that occurs when heavy cannonballs shoot from the mortar. So, perhaps it is crooked, but the force of the shot is very distructive. :pir-sweet:

Mortar, able to shoot bombs and cannonballs weighing 90 kg:

6627914203_b5bc466788_z.jpg

The crew:

6627939095_ac6b94b4a4_z.jpg

Great ship! Though, I have a thought that the British might have taken her over and left the American flag up top.

We don't see many ketch ships around here, so this one will be...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Awesome bomb ketch Corioso, she'll be a terror to enemy shipping. :jollyroger: I do think the cannons are a bit large for the deck though, and if you reduced them in size or just got rid of them (bomb ketches often weren't otherwise armed) then you could make a hatch cover like on the Grenado. Anyways, a great ship, and I can't wait for your next project.

hey, this ship looks really nice and reminds me of the admiral forster by, well, you^^ i have a question, can the mortar be turned around a little? because otherwise the 90kg canonload would hit the front rigging and sail, would it not?

Very nice, I love the dark brown deck and that mortar... awesome.

Just out of interest, what do you mean exactly with disproportion ? I don't know much about ketches (except that they're also referred to as bombers).

Anyway, I love it, it makes me want to install a mortar on one of my own ships as well :pir_laugh2:

Great ship! Though, I have a thought that the British might have taken her over and left the American flag up top.

Thank you!

It wasn't my idea, I just didn't have an appropriate uniform. :pirate_sad2:

We don't see many ketch ships around here, so this one will be...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

Thanks, somehow people seem to prefer frigates and galleons...

Awesome bomb ketch Corioso, she'll be a terror to enemy shipping. :jollyroger: I do think the cannons are a bit large for the deck though, and if you reduced them in size or just got rid of them (bomb ketches often weren't otherwise armed) then you could make a hatch cover like on the Grenado.

Thank you!

I agree, I will use smaller cannons.

Anyways, a great ship, and I can't wait for your next project.

:pir-tongue: My next projekt is a line ship like this:

295px-Goto_Predestinacia_2.jpg

I can create the WIP theme, if it is interesting for somebody...

This is fantastic! The mortar, specially, is amazing. I love the colourscheme and the tiled floor pirate_wubnew.gif Great job on this ship!

Thank you for your appreciation!

hey, this ship looks really nice and reminds me of the admiral forster by, well, you^^ i have a question, can the mortar be turned around a little? because otherwise the 90kg canonload would hit the front rigging and sail, would it not?

Thanks!

Yes, it must be mobile. Nothing bad is going to happen. :pir-wink:

Very nice, I love the dark brown deck and that mortar... awesome.

Just out of interest, what do you mean exactly with disproportion ? I don't know much about ketches (except that they're also referred to as bombers).

Anyway, I love it, it makes me want to install a mortar on one of my own ships as well :pir_laugh2:

Thank you!

The mizzen mast looks very short to my mind. :pir-sceptic:

14895.jpg

I wish you good luck with your own mortars. Be careful :pir-wink:

:pir-tongue: My next projekt is a line ship like this:

295px-Goto_Predestinacia_2.jpg

I can create the WIP theme, if it is interesting for somebody...

O yes please :pir-wub: , you're ketch ship looks beautiful, i love the tiled deck, can't wait for your next MOC.

Edited by De Sandman

O yes please :pir-wub: , you're ketch ship looks beautiful, i love the tiled deck, can't wait for your next MOC.

Thanks for your attention!

The WIP-theme is here.

Great moc, really nice job!

Thanks!