Aaron Morse

HMS Agamemnon...3rd rate in progress

Mr Morse these are looking good however do you think you could resize an image or two down to post in the thread? This makes the images more accessible to the users and therefore usually increases the number of responses in your thread.

May I recommend the How to perform a batch image resize tutorial thread if you're not familiar with image resizing.

Looking good Aaron!( Is it okay with you if I call you Aaron *sweet* ?)

I also want to build something like the Agamemnon, but I was planning to do It a little less broad...

And perhaps with prefab lego cannons...

This might be a helpful site

BTW, the Brickshelf folder says:MHS Agamemnon

Egad! what nice pics on that site! Yeah it looks really wide, but all the prefab tests I did show that it will look just about right, considering there two gun decks plus alot of slanting up on the way up the gunwales. Of course you can call me Aaron!

Looking good Aaron!( Is it okay with you if I call you Aaron *sweet* ?)

I also want to build something like the Agamemnon, but I was planning to do It a little less broad...

And perhaps with prefab lego cannons...

This might be a helpful site

BTW, the Brickshelf folder says:MHS Agamemnon

Well Aaron ;-) , its a good idea to make a progress thread.

I'm very interested to follow your progress.

You are making a big ship. Do you have all the piece you need or will you have to do some buying?

I have everything I need to make the keel, bottom gun deck, 26x24-pounder cannons cannons (already to go!)

I have enough lego string for the rigging. I have to order windows, technic pins, gun port covers, and about 4 or 5 different types of curvy parts.

Besides that I have 2 hurdles that await me. The first is figuring out how to access the bottom gun deck once I have the upper and spar deck atop that. I'm figuring I'll have to have the entire bottom come away from the top or have slide out sections, but I'll know more once I do some mock ups to see if it would be structurally sound. I orginally thought I'd have to have pull away or slide off sections but it interfere with the stays and rigging. The second is designing 18 pounders for the top gun deck (I may just shorten the 24 pounders and call it a 18 pounder but that kinda seems like a cop out.)

Well Aaron ;-) , its a good idea to make a progress thread.

I'm very interested to follow your progress.

You are making a big ship. Do you have all the piece you need or will you have to do some buying?

I have everything I need to make the keel, bottom gun deck, 26x24-pounder cannons cannons (already to go!)

I have enough lego string for the rigging. I have to order windows, technic pins, gun port covers, and about 4 or 5 different types of curvy parts.

Besides that I have 2 hurdles that await me. The first is figuring out how to access the bottom gun deck once I have the upper and spar deck atop that. I'm figuring I'll have to have the entire bottom come away from the top or have slide out sections, but I'll know more once I do some mock ups to see if it would be structurally sound. I orginally thought I'd have to have pull away or slide off sections but it interfere with the stays and rigging. The second is designing 18 pounders for the top gun deck (I may just shorten the 24 pounders and call it a 18 pounder but that kinda seems like a cop out.)

Wich pieces do you use to get tumblehome?

Wich pieces do you use to get tumblehome?

'Brick, Modified 1 x 4 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top part#6191' by the top, and 'Slope 75 2 x 2 x 3' up the sides

'Brick, Modified 1 x 4 x 1 1/3 with Curved Top part#6191' by the top, and 'Slope 75 2 x 2 x 3' up the sides

I didn't know the last one was also available in yellow...

EDIT: I've just checked it, and yes they do come in yellow!!

I've got tons of yellow,tan,brown, and white for future projects. I'll probably go with brown or yellow with the Agamemnon

I didn't know the last one was also available in yellow...

EDIT: I've just checked it, and yes they do come in yellow!!

I've got tons of yellow,tan,brown, and white for future projects. I'll probably go with brown or yellow with the Agamemnon

Brown?? The lines or the Agamemnong are obviously yellow...

Sorry been short on time lately. I'll resize after supper.

Does this mean my post re: Resizing images has been completely ignored? |-/

Resizing isn't mandatory, I just wanted to know if you agreed or not. It might turn out that it isn't required, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

I've got hi speed so size doesnt matter to me, but I wouldnt want to put off all the snail speed internet connectors out there from being exposed to the glory and wonder of my creations! (wow this message is getting to big for me and my ego I'd better go!)

low rez as requested....

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on122906001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on122906002.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on122906003.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on122906004.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...on122906005.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger001.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/morsea10...allenger002.jpg

and the folder once moderated for neked lego minifigs

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=223682

Resizing isn't mandatory, I just wanted to know if you agreed or not. It might turn out that it isn't required, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

I think some of those photos should be shown on EB

so I'm gonna post them X-D

agamemnon_challenger002.jpg

Aaron's new 3rd rate right next to his awesome heavy frigate.

agamemnon122906002.jpg

Another view of the Agamemnon (hopefully that's spelt right) some of the troops and we can't forget the water (the ocean ain't made of fresh water ya know :-D ).

Good eye with the water there Phred. Our drinking water is tolerable but the bottled stuff is way better. and yes Agamemnon is spelt correctly, I betcha Agamemnon got made fun of at school with a name like that.

One idea I'm workin on for access to the lower deck is to actually have two sections fully slide out using "Modified 1 x 4 with Groove, http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2653" and plate,modified with door rail http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=32028" with will give me a cross sectional acess to the orlop and second gun deck, I'm working on a mock up of this right now and it works pretty well, I'm just wondering how well it will perform once I've got another gun deck on top of it.

I think some of those photos should be shown on EB

so I'm gonna post them X-D

agamemnon_challenger002.jpg

Aaron's new 3rd rate right next to his awesome heavy frigate.

agamemnon122906002.jpg

Another view of the Agamemnon (hopefully that's spelt right) some of the troops and we can't forget the water (the ocean ain't made of fresh water ya know :-D ).

Good eye with the water there Phred. Our drinking water is tolerable but the bottled stuff is way better. and yes Agamemnon is spelt correctly, I betcha Agamemnon got made fun of at school with a name like that.

Yeah the water in wisconsin always seems to taste bad so i get bottled water too.

[Edit: yeah i'm sure the kids would call it Armageddon when it was just a wee little row boat :-D ]

One idea I'm workin on for access to the lower deck is to actually have two sections fully slide out using "Modified 1 x 4 with Groove, http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2653 " and plate,modified with door rail http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=32028" with will give me a cross sectional acess to the orlop and second gun deck, I'm working on a mock up of this right now and it works pretty well, I'm just wondering how well it will perform once I've got another gun deck on top of it.

Is this 32028.png what you mean by a door rail piece?

Just wondering cause the link didn't work.

I use this piece 2653.gif with this piece 4315.gif cause i have very few of these 32028.png.

Also if your low on these 2653.gif you can usally use some of these 4865.png instead and to get the right length.

Yeah the water in wisconsin always seems to taste bad so i get bottled water too.

Is this 32028.png what you mean by a door rail piece?

Just wondering cause the link didn't work.

I use this piece 2653.gif with this piece 4315.gif cause i have very few of these 32028.png.

Also if your low on these 2653.gif you can usally use some of these 4865.png instead and to get the right length.

Yes. Using these 4315.gif works well. I have had to cheat myself in the past! You can't tell when they are inside the rails, so it is an excellent idea!

Wish I'd known that before I ordered 40 of the first and 80 of the second....oh well! Great ideas! that what I love about this group, the sharing of knowledge and sneaky ideas!

Yes. Using these 4315.gif works well. I have had to cheat myself in the past! You can't tell when they are inside the rails, so it is an excellent idea!

I've got hi speed so size doesnt matter to me, but I wouldnt want to put off all the snail speed internet connectors out there from being exposed to the glory and wonder of my creations! (wow this message is getting to big for me and my ego I'd better go!)

Excellent work Mr Morse! Your glorious and wonderful creations should be easily accessible to as many as possible so they too can share the awe!

Anyway...

Is this the the crew for the Agamemnon?

agamemnon122906005.jpg

Thats about half of them, I got a ziplock bag around here somewhere with the other half. I've also got about 7 or 9 of those blue jacketed fellas with the brown undeershirt and buttons coming in from BL too.

I really like those fellas, they're what I use for petty and warrant officers, and middies too!

Is this the the crew for the Agamemnon?

Hey Aaron,

How many MF ya got for this 3rd rate?

Also, how many are on each of your vessels. It seems like you've got a lot.

HMS Challenger has a crew of 80 sailors and 20 marines. HMS Agamemnon wil have 150 sailors and 30 marines, although right now I'm missing 40 sailors and 10 marines to complete the crew. To give you an idea, I've got enough lego that my church can have a lego pirate party for the 30 kids in our churches junior youth group and each munchkin can build thier own pirate boat or island.

Wow, this ship(from it's progress so far) looks really good. I cannot wait till it's completement. Another thing(with the ship that's next to the hull of the Agamemnon) has really good rigging(and has that actual ship look to it), will you be using the rigging technique on the Agamemnon?