Sign in to follow this  
ManInATopHat

What's with the lack of Imperial Ships?

Pirates or Navy?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a pirate ship or a navy ship?

• Fly the ensign, a navy ship of course!
    • Hoist the jolly roger matey, I'm aboard the pirate ship, argh!

All these years and we've only gotten one truly impressive navy ship.

I get that younger kids find it more fun to play with pirate ships and hunt for buried treasure, but wouldn't an Imperial ship be equally as fun and give the pirates something to shoot at? I don't know, it just seems like Lego "cheaps out" on their "good guys." Take for example, the Armada Flagship... Ugh.

If the new pirates theme goes anywhere beyond a first wave, I hope Lego will give us a nice royal galleon or something.

Now enough with my rant. :pir-laugh: So, if you had to choose between the two, would you rather own a pirate ship or a navy ship? Let me know in the poll. Any other enlightening thoughts would be much appreciated.

What about the Imperial Flagship? That was a "good guy" ship and its the biggest and most elaborate of them all.

Personally I would rather have a pirate ship than a Navy ship, but I'm a pirate at heart.

I really missed my chance with the Imperial Flagship... it's too expensive to buy used, and I've never pieced together a set off Bricklink, it sounds like it'd be a shipping nightmare! Plus, the brown mast post things go for $20 each. I doubt lego would replace it with something as nice any time soon, but I'd be the first in line if they did!

There's probably only room for one ship in each wave, so TLG would probably prefer to have a pirate ship out there first (understandably so, IMO). Hopefully a second wave of the new Pirates line corrects this. Otherwise, how are we supposed to have epic sea battles? And what kind of navy is this anyway, when all they have at their disposal are small row boats?

Well, this is a "pirate" forum, however, I have a strong tendency to build navy ships & stuff.

Anyway, we haven't seen much from TLG recently, so I'd probably by anything that comes up and is related to the pirate topic.

The pirates do need someone to shoot at. A Bluecoats flagship would be a perfect target. :classic:

I'd like a new pirate ship, just because I don't find the Queen Anne's Revenge or Blackpearl to be anywhere near as impressive as the Imperial Flagship. It's just my bias since I these are the only ships I own outside of the Maersk Line Triple-E and now the Seacow.

Technically, there have been three Imperial ships over the years: the two Imperial Flagships (1992 and 2010) and the Caribbean Clipper. (Come to think of it, there have been four if you count the Armada Flagship.) But I agree we need another one, and not necessarily something as big as the recent Imperial Flagship, just something that can compete with the new Brick Bounty or the 2009 Brickbeard's Bounty.