Sign in to follow this  
azog

Custom flags/Custom Sails

Hello! As some of you may know I am currently finishing my Imperial Flagship! I wanted to make it a bluecoat ship instead of a redcoat one. So in the end result it is now a french ship. Instead of placing the bluecoats flag on the top I wanted to put a french banner and a french flag on the back sail. I was mainly wondering where I can get a cloth french flag in 1:70th scale and a french banner in 1:70th scale. And for a smaller project I wanted to add a spanker sail on the back with a boom mast. Is there any way I can make a new sail that looks and feels exactly identical to the Imperial Flagship vanilla sails? I appreciate your comments and you reading this! :pir-classic:

Azog,

The Master Pirate Index had a link to this topic for custom cloth sails. That site no longer sells custom, cloth flags.

I would look up sails and flags for model ships. If anyone finds anything, let us know. :thumbup:

Thanks! I will see what I can find. When I do get the flagship finished with the spanking sail and the french flags I will definitely post it!

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/becc-f01.html

would this be what im looking for?

I looked into this a while back. The trick is getting the stiffness of the official Lego fabric. The suggestion I found was gesso.

Gesso is used to treat paint canvas before painting. It stiffens the fabric, and preps the surface for painting. For our purposes, it also prevents fraying and allows it to be printed on with a printer. It should be available at any art supply.

For fabric, I've seen gabardine and calico suggested. I'm not sure all gabardine or calico is the same, though. You may have to check samples and use your best judgment.

Here's a thread on the subject. Pics are long dead, but info is still good: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=87124

I haven't tried any of this personally yet, so YMMV.

Edited by Rane

Hello! As some of you may know I am currently finishing my Imperial Flagship! I wanted to make it a bluecoat ship instead of a redcoat one. So in the end result it is now a french ship. Instead of placing the bluecoats flag on the top I wanted to put a french banner and a french flag on the back sail. I was mainly wondering where I can get a cloth french flag in 1:70th scale and a french banner in 1:70th scale. And for a smaller project I wanted to add a spanker sail on the back with a boom mast. Is there any way I can make a new sail that looks and feels exactly identical to the Imperial Flagship vanilla sails? I appreciate your comments and you reading this! :pir-classic:

I also work on Bluecoat Imperial Flagship because in 2015 they had no ship. I plan to upload it in LEGO ideas. perhaps it will be issued tii Pirates 30th jubilee. Perhaps you will do the same.

I also work on Bluecoat Imperial Flagship because in 2015 they had no ship. I plan to upload it in LEGO ideas. perhaps it will be issued tii Pirates 30th jubilee. Perhaps you will do the same.

Oh really??? Thats cool! How different did you make your ship from the original? I will post mine when its done on eurobricks. And then I will see how many people think I should upload it

Oh really??? Thats cool! How different did you make your ship from the original? I will post mine when its done on eurobricks. And then I will see how many people think I should upload it ������

I haven't finished it yet. You can see it on Eurobricks named Sea Nightmare. What do you think about it? Bluecoats were always pirates' enemies. Dut they had only Caribbien Clipper. Aren't they worthy more? Let's do our best!

Oh really??? Thats cool! How different did you make your ship from the original? I will post mine when its done on eurobricks. And then I will see how many people think I should upload it ������

I haven't finished it yet. You can see it on Eurobricks named Sea Nightmare. What do you think about it? Bluecoats were always pirates' enemies. Dut they had only Caribbien Clipper. Aren't they worthy more? Let's do our best!

Edited by Staslegomaster

The blue coats have always been my favorite army unit! They don't get enough attention your right! Lets hope we will get a (10210) for the bluecoats in 2019. For now lets make them worthy