Sign in to follow this  
fred67

Too many CUUSOO posts

I love Cuusoo - I have an account and try to go at least once a week; I view the newest projects until I start seeing projects I've already seen so that I don't miss anything.

I also think many of the sets EB members put on there are simply awesome... but it's becoming tedious to see "support my project" posts all the time. Could we have a forum or dedicated thread for it?

Edit: of course I stupidly put this whine in the wrong forum. Apologies.

Edited by fred67

Could we have a forum or dedicated thread for it?

Like this thread? Let's see how that goes.

Edit: of course I stupidly put this whine in the wrong forum. Apologies.

Where did you mean to put it? :look: This seems as good a place as any.

The official Eurobricks stance on CUUSOO is this: If you have a great MOC, that is also a CUUSOO project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the CUUSOO entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the CUUSOO business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated.

You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on CUUSOO' :thumbup:

rather than: 'I want CUUSOO support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote! :thumbdown:

If you have specific concerns about a particular post contravening this guideline, please use the Report button. :thumbup:

PS. I edited your topic title to reflect the content a little better.

Whooo hooo. Finally a thread I can really support about Cuusoo. Good advice, and I hope we dont get flooded by too many minor projects. Ahem.

Where did you mean to put it? :look: This seems as good a place as any.

Since it's not news, I figured the website & forums would have been better, but no matter - thank you so much. I know EB takes pride in having such a relatively high signal to noise ratio compared to other online forums, and we all appreciate it.

Since it's not news, I figured the website & forums would have been better,

Actually, maybe that would have been better. :blush:

but no matter - thank you so much. I know EB takes pride in having such a relatively high signal to noise ratio compared to other online forums, and we all appreciate it.

You're welcome! Thanks for appreciating us! :classic:

I agree that something could be done to facilitate and moderate the promotion of CUUSOO projects but it's not an easy task. Note that there is another thread around this theme in the Website & Forum section.

The official Eurobricks stance on CUUSOO is this: If you have a great MOC, that is also a CUUSOO project, you may present it on EB as you would any MOC, with a single link to the CUUSOO entry. Make the title about the MOC, not the CUUSOO business; don't be too shouty, and it is likely to be tolerated.

You need to be thinking: 'I want people on EB to see my MOC and comment on it. If they like it, perhaps they'll support it on CUUSOO' :thumbup:

rather than: 'I want CUUSOO support! If I post it on EB, perhaps more people will vote! :thumbdown:

That a perfect summary of the EB staff position when it comes to CUUSOO. It's worded so well that I've added this in our site guidelines. Also I plan to make a site announcement in the coming weeks to make sure everyone knows our position.

If we are to have a CUUSOO promotion thread, perhaps the successful model of the orderly Collectible Mifigs Trading thread set up by Whitefang could be used here.

Each member could post once in the thread to promote their projects, using one picture per project, a description and a link. Each member would then be responsible for editing their post if changes are made or if they create new projects. The initial post of the thread could be used to create an index of the members with links to individual posts.

Also, a link could be added if the MOC has a dedicated thread on EB.

If we are to have a CUUSOO promotion thread, perhaps the successful model of the orderly Collectible Mifigs Trading thread set up by Whitefang could be used here.

Each member could post once in the thread to promote their projects, using one picture per project, a description and a link. Each member would then be responsible for editing their post if changes are made or if they create new projects. The initial post of the thread could be used to create an index of the members with links to individual posts.

Also, a link could be added if the MOC has a dedicated thread on EB.

That sounds like a very good idea; I haven't used the CMF trading thread as of yet, but it seems to be very orderly, and the concept seems to fit the spirit of CUUSOO rather well. :thumbup:

I'm having second thoughts... :look: Using one post per member is not ideal promotion-wise, as additional projects by a member could be missed. Perhaps one post per project would work best, as long as each post is brief. The indexing would be more work-intensive, but then it all depends on the volume of entries.

That methodology is a mixed blessing. If I make changes to my CMF trade list, it doesn't bump it to the top when people view new posts. If no one else posts, the thread languishes in oblivion until someone else comes along with an actual new post.

The problem is mitigated by the secondary thread where people can post that they've made changes or additions and then link to their post in the CMF thread. Perhaps a secondary thread for comments and bumps for changes would work for this.

I wouldn't mind one project per post, but I think members should be able to make a new post for a new project.

I don't see a problem with the current policy of allowing MOCers to promote their projects in their MOC threads. I can't imagine a Cuusoo index attracting a lot of attention.

The indexing would be more work-intensive, but then it all depends on the volume of entries.

Volunteering? :devil:

I don't see a problem with the current policy of allowing MOCers to promote their projects in their MOC threads. I can't imagine a Cuusoo index attracting a lot of attention.

Volunteering? :devil:

Translating: Rick doesn't want more work than he already has! :laugh:

Some worthy CUUSOO projects may not warrant a whole thread (I'm thinking new part suggestions for instance). On the other hand, it's true that most projects could be introduced as MOCs in dedicated threads.

D'aw, come on, I suggested this like 2 months ago. :wall: I still think it would be an idea worth doing, of course, but I guess since there's going to be an announcement on it, I'm sure something will be done about it.

Even I wouldn't want to be a CUUSOO regulator. Yuck.

This could also be used to show gret projects that could use support, same rules: one picture, one link, but you could give credit to the creator. E.g.- There are many excently rendered lego part projects that have 50 or so supporters, like this one, a beautifully rendered waterslide/marble track with only 108 supporters. :cry_sad: Good suggestion?

Edited by Dakar A

Some worthy CUUSOO projects may not warrant a whole thread (I'm thinking new part suggestions for instance). On the other hand, it's true that most projects could be introduced as MOCs in dedicated threads.

Hmm...maybe a full-on CUUSOO index would be too much, but maybe a dedicated thread for parts suggestions...don't we already have something like that in the Embassy, though? Have people been using it to link to CUUSOO proposals for their new part ideas?

That a perfect summary of the EB staff position when it comes to CUUSOO. It's worded so well that I've added this in our site guidelines. Also I plan to make a site announcement in the coming weeks to make sure everyone knows our position.

To clarify, to what extent does the single CUUSOO link restriction affect user profiles and signatures? If I have a link in my profile, does that mean I am not allowed to have one in my signature, or is one link per location okay (potentially in addition to a single forum topic link per MOC), or are both exempted from the restriction as long as the other signature guidelines are followed? :sceptic:

To clarify, to what extent does the single CUUSOO link restriction affect user profiles and signatures? If I have a link in my profile, does that mean I am not allowed to have one in my signature, or is one link per location okay (potentially in addition to a single forum topic link per MOC), or are both exempted from the restriction as long as the other signature guidelines are followed? :sceptic:

This guide refers only to topics. Your profile page and signature are your own domain, and free from these restrictions, providing you adhere to the site guidelines on signature size.

This guide refers only to topics. Your profile page and signature are your own domain, and free from these restrictions, providing you adhere to the site guidelines on signature size.

Okay, thanks. That makes sense. :classic: