Skinny Boy

Apocalyptic Community Build - Building Time

Alrighty then. Shall we get started?

Note: This post (The very first one) will be edited pretty much every day, to cater our plans. Not everything and everyone can be considered at every moment, so be patient. :wink:

Here's the current map:

ebacblayout.jpg

Okay, lets revamp this whole thing.

Proposed buildings, 32x32 sections:

1 - Gatehouse/Entrance to town (agiven) - ?

5 - ? - Eskallon

11 - Outpost and weapon Supplies - Perterz

20 - ?

26 - Small Farm - Black Rabbit

31+32 (?) - School/Town Hall - Skinny Boy

33 - ?

Wall Sections, 16x16 Modules: (remember, as with the Castle Build, these will be 16x16, consisting of a wall, and an aspect of the town. Not just the wall)

South:

2 - ?

3 - Lookout Post - Jammiedodger714

4 - Graveyard - Eskallon

27 - ?

28 - Ruined wall section under reconstruction - Ricecracker

29 - ?

West:

6 - ?

7 - Ruined wall being rebuilt/scrapyard - Skipper 24

8 - ? - Legoman31

9 - ? - Legoman31

10 - ?

North:

12 - ?

13 - ?

14 - Mecha (a Post-Frickin-Apoc mecha) workshop - Adam

15 - Most likely more Mecha Workshop - Adam

16 - ?

17 - ?

18 - House - Admiral M

19 - Garden - Admiral M

East:

21 - ? - BatBrick

22 - ? - BatBrick

23 - ? - BatBrick

24 - Garage - Polish Guy

25 - ?

Interior 16x16 modules:

30 - ?

34 - ?

Ideas: (no inspiration? maybe try building something from below)

Sherriff's office

Cult hangout

Makeshift Monument

Kitchens

Unexploded Warhead

Now, you post with your own, and i'll add them on. Try to only post what you think is feesable. What either yourself, or others can actually build. Have a good look at the map. Remember, everything will be inside the walls (except maybe a scene or two on a wall section)

I think i'll PM everyone just to make sure.

Don't let this build die! :oh3:

Edited by Skinny Boy

Looks good. :thumbup: I'll build section 3, maybe a ruined wall with lookout? :classic: A 16x16 base, tan bricks and some undergrowth.

Is there any guideline for a connecting wall?? Or can we just build what we want?

^a uniform wall would give the best impression I think, but the wall itself isn't really discussed yet me thinks. Nevertheless it's a pretty important feature of the build!

I want to take a large corner with an outpost and weapon supllies? Are those larger areas 32x32 ?

I would like to have either square 26 or square 1 because i have an intresting idea for one of the large squares.

My idea is having a small pathetic farm in one of the large squares witch would best be suited for 26. Also i have a good idea for the gatehouse.

Okay, think I got everyone.

Is there any guideline for a connecting wall?? Or can we just build what we want?

Not yet. For connecting sections, I reckon just getting technic pins/holes in every corner possible. The wall is completely makeshift, and depending on what is accompanying it on the same module, (ruins of an old building, immovable rocks) they will all look pretty different. :wink:

Put me down for the East wall somewhere. If you want, I can do about two or three sections, as I'll be doing a fortified concrete section, and I have a whole truckload of dark grey bricks to use!

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

I'll take #23 please!

I'll build a small repair garage for the few running cars left in the apoc world. :wink:

Okay, I've already started my first wall section! This one is a large fortified wall into the front of a small shop. My section will look like the people who made the wall did a generally good job and so will be one of the less haphazard sections of the town.

I'm thinking I can make three sections which will have a semblance of continuity but are still modular to fit next to other sections. After the first shop, I'll be making the wall continue, which behind it will have a clearing where an exit road used to be, but is now sporting a small garden and play place for children. My third section will most likely be a building or house with the same wall design interceding into its front.

If it's okay with Polish guy then can I take #21, #22 and #23 and he can take #24?

I may be able to do 2 side walls filled with bunks.

Put you on the west side, since Batty pwned the East. :tongue:

Polish Guy: Would you mind taking #24 instead? If so i'll put Batbrick down for #23 afterwards.

People, start throwing out some ideas. I've made a list under all the proposed stuff and i'll add 'em to it. So if you can't think of anything to build, have a look through it. :classic:

Hi

I think this is a cool idea and would really like to take part.

Can I have area 4 in which I plan to do a graveyard that is falling apart. Their will be some nice gravestones and a bare pit containing bodies of the unknown.I would also love to have area 5 in which I will decide what to put in as soon as possible. I really hope this goes somewhere. Maybe you should ask the staff to frontpage this, Im sure it would then get more attention from eager members.

Oh and I have some possible ideas for others.

1. A place for people to sleep but with a ruined twist

2. Kitchens-They gotta eat

3. A nuclear warhead testing area- They are attempting to fix a previously disfunctional nuclear warhead

Can someone tell me what kind of enemy we are trying to stay safe from because I really have no idea what you decided in the end.

Okay, I've already started my first wall section! This one is a large fortified wall into the front of a small shop. My section will look like the people who made the wall did a generally good job and so will be one of the less haphazard sections of the town.

I'm thinking I can make three sections which will have a semblance of continuity but are still modular to fit next to other sections. After the first shop, I'll be making the wall continue, which behind it will have a clearing where an exit road used to be, but is now sporting a small garden and play place for children. My third section will most likely be a building or house with the same wall design interceding into its front.

If it's okay with Polish guy then can I take #21, #22 and #23 and he can take #24?

Sure, thats fine, you can have #23, I really don't care where I am, I just picked that spot at random. :thumbup:

Polish Guy: Would you mind taking #24 instead? If so i'll put Batbrick down for #23 afterwards.

People, start throwing out some ideas. I've made a list under all the proposed stuff and i'll add 'em to it. So if you can't think of anything to build, have a look through it. :classic:

Skinny Boy, you can switch my number to 24. :thumbup:

Could I have square 7 please? I would like to build a ruined wall with some repair work going on and then perhaps a small vehicle/scrap yard with a few bikes, trikes, wheels caterpillar tracks etc. I take it these sections are 16x16?

That he did :grin:

Sure, thats fine, you can have #23, I really don't care where I am, I just picked that spot at random. :thumbup:

Thanks mate, appreciated :sweet:

I'd like to build a Mecha Workshop at 14, please. :classic:

I'd like to build a Mecha Workshop at 14, please. :classic:

Is this the sorta of post apoc that would have mechas? I'm not criticising, I'm just curious what Skinny Boy thinks, since we're doing the more traditional sealed off town approach.

Is this the sorta of post apoc that would have mechas? I'm not criticising, I'm just curious what Skinny Boy thinks, since we're doing the more traditional sealed off town approach.

A post-apoc mecha. :wink: I use the term "mecha" lightly - what I really mean are the construction and experimental "mecha" that are around today, except apocified and revamped. You see, "mecha" are not yet-to-be-made, futuristic battle suits; they are used in construction and other related occupations (albeit not often). Yet in an apoc universe, a camper becomes a battle vehicle - why can't a "mecha?"

A post-apoc mecha. :wink: I use the term "mecha" lightly - what I really mean are the construction and experimental "mecha" that are around today, except apocified and revamped. You see, "mecha" are not yet-to-be-made, futuristic battle suits; they are used in construction and other related occupations (albeit not often). Yet in an apoc universe, a camper becomes a battle vehicle - why can't a "mecha?"

Hmmm. Interesting. I was going to slot you in right away, but Bats did give a good point. I love those scenes where people at different levels are fixing up a machine, and it would be nice to see one here. Once its not a machine capable of flying long distances with enough firepower to undo the Apocalypse, I think it'd be pretty cool. :classic: To slot 14!

Sorry for my absence, I was on vacation. Do you mind if I can use squares 18,19, and 20? For a house, a garden, and a small Vehicle repair shop? I'll post LDD Moc's :hmpf: of the plans at some point, if this is the right place to do it. If not, please direct me toward the correct place. It is the building thread, though :grin: !

Edited by Admiral M

I'm going to take up square 29 as well, and go 32 studs deep instead of the regular 16. If that's OK of course.

I'm going to take up square 29 as well, and go 32 studs deep instead of the regular 16. If that's OK of course.

What will you build?

What will you build?

I'm still going to be building the wall section being repaired, I just don't have enough room for everything on a 16x16 baseplate.

Cool idea, ricecracker! Can't wait to see it. Have you started building it?

Here's the LDD Plan for my 3 squares:

lddscreenshot142.png

On the left is a house of the town's leader (if we decide it to be so). It was built after the apocalypse, using supplies from an underground storage facility that somehow went unscathed. It was the first house that was built from scratch. It was built in a midieval style called wattle and daub, and because of the building's proximity to a small river, they used woven water reeds and mud for insulation around a wood frame.

lddscreenshot143.png

Next to the house is a small, but productive, garden. In it are grown tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, and corn. You can also see the clothesline running between the two buildings.

lddscreenshot150.png

On the right, in what used to be a small grocery store, is now a garage for the various vehicles being used to build the town. There are still oil supplies in places, and there are several trucks that bring supplies into the settlement which need to be repaired.

lddscreenshot151.png

The rest of the pictures can be seen here.

Edit: Just realized that I didn't put in a wall. Am I and my MOC screwed?

Edited by Admiral M