CBFasi

MOC: Sante Fe Based engine - 7 wide

traintech1.jpg

Well the parts arrived yesterday, took 2 hours to build from the mlcad programme, also had to make some minor changes for under roof re-enforcement.

As said is 7 wide, and this uses the RC Bugger motor, and the battery space is suitable for either the actualy battery back (as seen) for which as you will also see sits in a hole to lower its height.. or the new Re-chargeable pack will fit if you do not want the hole...

Anyway less talk, lets see it...

Side views, spot the battery pack hanging...

SF7_Side.jpg

SF7_SideUpper.jpg

Front quarter

SF7_FrontQuarter.jpg

Rear Quarter

SF7_RearQuarter.jpg

So what is inside.. not much, but it fits!

SF7_Interior.jpg

Very nice classic train inspired Sante Fe 'CBFasi' - brick-built like in days gone by ! :sweet:

I like the red through the whole engine and also easy access to the electrics - good one !

Great job and I'm a conformist! 'CBFasi' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The high speed train visualisation on the side was just a qucik idea of a way to break up the plain sides.

Also being brick built adds some much needed weight or the engine goes just too fast and flies off the rails on the corners (in testing with battery, motor it did that!)

I am working on the carriages now, at least up to the point where I wait for more parts to arrive..

Edited by CBFasi

The gaps between the sets of wheels don't look that nice. Many American engines have three sets of wheels instead of two. It also needs more of an undercarriage. Otherwise the top is perfect.

The gaps are awaiting a small oversight, got the parts for the main body but need a few parts to turn the 2 into 3 wheels on the undercarraige.

Also I was more concerend with top than lower, will workout what I can do with the lower...

Very nice CBF. I like the simple color scheme, reminding me of LEGO's Hobby Train Swiss Crocodile loco. Nice front end and the black radar dishes on the roof are a nice touch. In fact, the front end looks a lot like that of the Super Chief. My only recommendation is adding a bit to the undercarriage and the wheel trucks, as AgentRick suggests. I see that you're waiting for parts.

Are you planning to build some cars to go with it?

Front-paged! :thumbup:

Some carriages are being built to go with it, but will take time as I am awaiting parts

The gaps between the sets of wheels don't look that nice. Many American engines have three sets of wheels instead of two. It also needs more of an undercarriage. Otherwise the top is perfect.

It seems based on an F7, which is a four axle (BB) locomotive, so it wouldn't need extra axles and wheels. It could do with some sort of fuel tank, though. Would also help to hide the batterybox.

Other then that, a great build.