Sign in to follow this  
Kumpelkante

Voodoo-witch's swamp hut

indexed.gif

First of all, i have no clue, in which theme this MOC finally fits in. Originally it was intended as a fantasy/castle-moc, but with some ideas that i incorporated it does look like something else. Though its set in a fantasy-world, it would fit the 19th century. Anyway, if Historic Themes is the wrong forum... move it.

However, this little scene depicts the hut of an witch, which is built around an old abandoned tower in the swamp. It looks a bit better in real life, but i hope the weird spooky voodo-ridden creepy atmosphere i tried to create comes across in the pics.

swamp1.jpg

swamp3.jpg

swamp4.jpg

Brickshelf-Gallery when public

flikr

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

A nice run down looking building. I do find it a little too busy on the eye, I think its the different colours in the water. It feels like a swamp with all the vines and moss growing, yet the different shades of blue seem to indicate movement in the water as opposed to stagnant swamp water. Perhaps an area of the water a little less covered with plant life, or just a single shade of blue would have worked for me. Nice work all-in-all.

Oh sole mio!!

Looks like a venetian gondolier, maybe a little bit darker :laugh:

That look absolutely nice. I like the swamp design with all the plant and the hidden house.

Now you should make pictures with dark background and less lightning to catsh the atmosphere!!

Oh sole mio!!

Looks like a venetian gondolier, maybe a little bit darker :laugh:

That look absolutely nice. I like the swamp design with all the plant and the hidden house.

Now you should make pictures with dark background and less lightning to catsh the atmosphere!!

STRIKE!!! Those venetian gondoliers were my inspiration for the boat. :classic: Concerning the backgroundcolor, that was in fact my first idea, which i dismissed because i was afraid that the contrast may suffer. ...i'll give it a try anyway, its pretty easy with gimp.

Concerning Clone criticism: youre right, it would be far better if the color of the water was all dark blue. its a matter of the collection :sceptic:

So far, thanks for the compliments and criticism anyway. And keep sending in constructive criticism.

Nice :classic: It has all the things it should have: a voodoo doll (ofcourse), a telescope, a swamp, spiders, etc.

The curved spikes(?) and hanging plants also give it a mysterious feeling.

Perhaps you could also use the green from the top roof for the swamp colour next time but outside of that it's a nice MOC :thumbup:

Excellent creation 'Kumpelkante', a very creepy place eh ? :devil:

Zombie servant's eh ? Must be the cheap hired help ! :laugh:

Great towering build.....she must be into star gazing ! :wink:

Brick On 'Kumpelkante' ! :grin:

Very nice, you've certainly captured the spooky feeling, I agree with 'maydayartist about the dark backdrop and low lighting

It reminds me of Tia Dalma's place in pirates of the carribean.

If you could fit a big tree in there covered in vines that would be awesome, maybe with a hanging skeleton and an owl or bats.

Good job! :thumbup:

I really love the murky water and all the vines and weeds. The details are all excellent, and I love the interior! The only thing I'd change would be to take the stone tower off the top; it looks quite odd. Well done!

Great MOC, love the voodoo doll (hilarious), really nice detail throughout, good work! :thumbup:

If I may... the stone tower seems a bit out of place. Otherwise excellent stuff! I spend a lot of time hanging out with voodoo-witches and their hovels look very much like this one.

*No, not really.

Very interesting build Kumpelkante, the murkiness of the swamp and the overall rundown look of the hut really fits a voodoo-witch abode well. Nice work! :thumbup: