Captain Blackmoor

French Army

th_indexed.gif

I show you my French army. Long not that big as Le Grande Armée of Bonaparte, but big enough for me.

The Infantry consists of seven men, including the officer.

image003.jpg

The Artillery consists of three 12 pounders, three men and a horse.

The horse is the start for my cavalry which I'm "recruiting" right now. I'm waiting for the cannons in the new pirate's line because of their metallic colour.

image002.jpg

The final part is the navy. This contains seven men, including the navigator ( right ) and Captain Blackmoor ( front ).

Notice Cap'n Blackmoor has a custom made torso. Thanks to the Torso Library for inspiration and turtorials.

image006.jpg

The ship where those seven men will live on, is almost finished and ready for sailing. :pir-classic:

Some pictures are a bit blurry but I've ordered a Lego Camera which is specialized in taking pictures from nearby.

More on Brickshelf

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Er, why is there one enlisted guy leading all the officers? Or did you "reassign" the epaulets to save money, since the red ones are more expensive?

Er, why is there one enlisted guy leading all the officers? Or did you "reassign" the epaulets to save money, since the red ones are more expensive?

I got it from Ebay in this state. One red epaulette and lots of yellow. That's why I gave the officer the red one.

I'm in the market to get some red epaulets :pir-blush:

Very nice army, Cap'n Blackmoor :thumbup: , especially because of the prices of these bluecoats nowadays...5 to 7 USD per soldier on Bricklink if you're lucky. Thank God we have eBay (especcialy in Germany and France they can still be found for a fair price).

I have to look very good too, when buying my soldiers, weapons and items for my Napoleonic Army. I always try to buy in bulk when I find something cheap.

It looks you know a good bit about soldiers from that age.

Very nice army, Cap'n Blackmoor :thumbup: , especially because of the prices of these bluecoats nowadays...5 to 7 USD per soldier on Bricklink if you're lucky. Thank God we have eBay (especcialy in Germany and France they can still be found for a fair price).

I have to look very good too, when buying my soldiers, weapons and items for my Napoleonic Army. I always try to buy in bulk when I find something cheap.

It looks you know a good bit about soldiers from that age.

They are quite expensive indeed. I had the opportunity to buy the infantry and navy for 30 euro in Germany.

The cannons and the horse are from my western sets.

The Napoleon Wars and the age of sail are very interesting I'm no history professor but I know a lot about it.

Thanks for the positive comment! :pir-blush:

See on Brickshelf...

I have artillery and a navy as well, okay it's not big but it's a start at least.

Perhaps it would be better to make a picture of all units.

I'm currently building a very nice ship for my navy men!

I have edited my first post so you can see everything now.

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor

Nice army. I sold my old lego pirates to get the new ones. I should have shipped to europe but couldn't afford =(

You have a nice army going. I like that you have included the pirate captain as one of your generals.

You have a nice army going. I like that you have included the pirate captain as one of your generals.

It's the navigator who has a pirate torso indeed. I'm currently making a lot of custom torso's and the navigator will get one as well.

I've currently improved my navy by adding a new officer to the crew. I'll post some new pictures soon.

I really enjoy the way that instead of massing tons of infantry, you have included cavalry, artillery, and the sailors/captain/navigator. They are all very cool. please post pictures of your french ship, and good luck with the rest of the army.

I really enjoy the way that instead of massing tons of infantry, you have included cavalry, artillery, and the sailors/captain/navigator. They are all very cool. please post pictures of your french ship, and good luck with the rest of the army.

The ship is under construction and I will show it in a couple of weeks, when it is completely finished.

I still see things which can be improved so I'm always working on it. Even when I thought it was finished. :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the comments! :pir-blush: