moschino

Official LEGOLAND Pirates - Stop Motion Video 1989

Here is the official stop motion movie created by Lego Group in 1989 in order to advertise on VHS and not only.

The movie was dedicated to UK, Europe, so the names of ships and characters are different than in US.

Enjoy!

What? No, I'm not crying, I just have something in my eye is all. :cry_happy::wub:

Whenever I see something like this, it makes me lament missing out on those simpler days of LEGO. I try to compensate by Bricklinking the Classic Pirates sets, but it's not the same. :cry_sad:

I was completely charmed by this video with its music from pre-60's pirate movies.

Its now a nostalgia film of nostalgia films. :pir-grin:

Does anybody know where it was originally broadcast?

Fun little find, much better than today's commercials. It particularly fascinates me that the pirates were actually sort of made out to be the "good" guys.

Fun little find, much better than today's commercials. It particularly fascinates me that the pirates were actually sort of made out to be the "good" guys.

Well, of course they were! Don't tell me you thought the Imperials were the good guys! :pir-tongue:

Of course those who commit crime at sea are the "good" guys! :pir-grin:

Of course those who commit crime at sea are the "good" guys! :pir-grin:

I always had the soldiers be the good guys. The earlier commercials showed this.

Technically the video here is about as early as you'll get, but is it actually a commercial or a promtional video?

It seems too long to be a TV commercial.

if I'm not mistaken, the below was the first LEGO pirates commercial broadcast and the above animation was sometimes attached to it.

http://youtu.be/E1GG82Koclw

Old topic but how would you assemble this bell?

My guess is a black, one round stud attached to the yellow cone so it sticks into the arch but flexible enough to ring.

Would that work?

By the way, here's an alternate version of this stopmotion without dialogue, in this 1989 shopvideo - I'm guessing so it could be shown in various other countries speaking different languages: