Columbus019

Megablocks (sorry) Star Trek The Original Series!

Hello all, I apologize for bringing up the subject of megablocks but there is some news that I HAD to share. I am a Huge Star Trek TOS (The original series) and star trek in general and was considering buying some of the Kre-o (sorry) star trek sets when I saw this:

800x449.jpg

MegaBlocks (sorry) are making Star Trek TOS sets!!!!!!

That was the enterprise, here is the interior, a bird of prey and the next generation enterprise:

800x420.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x420.jpg

Again, apologies for bringing up Megablocks but

Live Long And Prosper!

Columbus

Wow - I had seen the Enterprise-D before which I thought looked pretty bad, but that TOS Enterprise is pretty nice! I wonder how structurally sound it is.

Still wouldn't buy them since they're MegaBloks, but I'd consider buying that bridge set just for the decals/printed bricks for MOCing purposes. :wink:

The original Enterprise looks beautiful and their D-7 ain't shabby either! Ahhhhh why couldn't Lego have picked up the license! :cry_sad:

I may break my code and buy a couple megablocks sets soon!

Well if you're worried about brand loyalty... I mean it is essentially a MOC page and you have a load of inspiration there. Make your own, why not? :grin:

For once I don't see a lot of proprietary parts in those sets, which usually is Mega Blok's wont.

I think I might have to steal some ides, especially from the D-7.

The TOS Enterprise looks good, but I'm wondering what it looks like from above. And the minifigures look pretty detailed.

The TNG Enterprise looks worse. Half of it looks like SNOT and the saucer section is total studs. Weird, I bet it might look better SNOTed throughout. But that Picard looks horrible. He looks like he has no neck. And the phaser is huge.

These will be released in the Fall, also, here is the link to their website: https://collectors.megabloks.com/en-gb/star-trek

I will be picking up the TOS bridge and enterprise and then immediately ditching the figures.However, The website does show some nicely molded tricorders, communicators and phasers. There is also a picture of a transporter room which can be changed from TOS standard to Mirror Universe which should be interesting.

[edit] sorry the link doesn't work please copy it into your browser and search it.

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

There are two more sets. The City On The Edge Of Forever and Day Of The Dove. I am kinda attached to the Kre-O sets, but I will be picking these up

Interesting! Do you know how much it will cost?

Enterprise Bridge - £60

Mirror, Mirror Transporter - £40

Klingon Ship - £30

That's all I could find. I'm assuming City On The Edge Of Forever and Day Of The Dove will be around £10-£15 based on their soze

I actually saw the Enterprise Bridge for sale yesterday at a store. It might be fun to build and display; if I wanted it for play value I would have just made a Lego MOC.

Still I gotta hand it to Megablocks; as much as I dislike their build quality and what not... They have landed some great license agreements. First Halo, now Star Trek... Lets just hope TLG can maintain its Star Wars license though! I would die if I ever witnessed Megablock Star Wars :tongue:

Admittedly though, the Star Trek license has been handed off a number of times so it doesn't feel like a big deal. Playmates had it, then Diamond Select (which still seems to have it for action figures), then Hasbro Kreo, and now MegaBlocks. Companies get the Star Trek license and then they don't quite know how to capitalize on it.

I actually saw the Enterprise Bridge for sale yesterday at a store. It might be fun to build and display; if I wanted it for play value I would have just made a Lego MOC.

Still I gotta hand it to Megablocks; as much as I dislike their build quality and what not... They have landed some great license agreements. First Halo, now Star Trek... Lets just hope TLG can maintain its Star Wars license though! I would die if I ever witnessed Megablock Star Wars :tongue:

One little problem with your statement, MB's build quality is now equal to that of LEGO.

Also, personally, I think SW would be better with MB, seeing as they actually improve and market entire lines toward collectors, whereas LEGO doesn't.

Edited by Jetrax99

This is clearly heresy, but - at least for the TOS-era ships, its damn good looking heresy :wink:

I'm not impressed at all by the minifigs though and the Enterprise-D looks simply wrong so blocky.

I'm curious to how stable the Original Series Enterprise is? I could see the nacelles drooping be a serious issue for display reasons at that size. Unless MB somehow managed to give it some sort of strong internal skeleton.

I'm curious to how stable the Original Series Enterprise is? I could see the nacelles drooping be a serious issue for display reasons at that size. Unless MB somehow managed to give it some sort of strong internal skeleton.

If their past Signature Series sets are anything to go by, specifically the Scarab, which had no stand, the drooping you forsee will be nonexistent.

If their past Signature Series sets are anything to go by, specifically the Scarab, which had no stand, the drooping you forsee will be nonexistent.

I hope so because i'm actually very interested in possibly buying the set now.

MODS, Why did you put this in community when it is clearly either sci fi or licensed?

Also, the enterprise has had a video released showing a full 360, it will cost about $165 for those who are interested.

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

MODS, Why did you put this in community when it is clearly either sci fi or licensed?

All set discussions, reviews, MOCs built with non-LEGO (MB, K-REO, Enlighten, etc etc) go into the Community forum. The main LEGO discussion forums are for LEGO. :wink:

All set discussions, reviews, MOCs built with non-LEGO (MB, K-REO, Enlighten, etc etc) go into the Community forum. The main LEGO discussion forums are for LEGO. :wink:

Ah, sorry, I didn't know that all lego clones wound up here.

Columbus

MB does a great job with themes marketed toward older kids and adults. Although I wasn't interested in any of the Halo stuff, the Star Trek stuff looks good!

Any one have a photo of a minifig in the captains chair or next to a MB figure, I want to know if I couldget away with not using the crap figures