Actor Builder

Spam Poetry

This is the Spam Poetry Thread. It is an annex of the Spam Reporting thread, seen here. It was made it's own thread by a moderator who thought we were spamming the Spam Forum, so here it is.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is Spam Poetry?

A: Member rodiziorobs explains it nicely here.

*Spam poetry, a phenomenon introduced by Actor Builder and picked up by several others, is poetry specifically inspired by spam posts on Eurobricks. These spams are often by (but not exclusive to) Korean spammers.

There hasn't been as much of it lately, on account of the mods doing a great job at zapping spam quickly, but for awhile the spam was frequent enough that the April Fool's joke was to change EB's official language to Korean.

Q: How Can I make Spam Poetry?

A: However you want! Art is Art! The common procedure is inscribed here:

Step 1: Notice a spam topic in one of the forums on Eurobricks.

Indicators that a topic might be spam are:

-A foreign Language

-A new Member

-Suspicious links to outside sources

-A feeling of confusion or discomfort upon reading

-Talk of weight loss or testosterone boosting

-...Or Wood Furniture, or Supercars, or anything not LEGO related.

Step 2: Report the topic

We do this so that the Moderators can delete it, and others don't have to see it, especially if it contains explicit images.

Step 3: Copy and paste the text from the topic, WITH THE LINKS REMOVED, into a new post in this thread.

This step is not necessary, but it can be fun to see where the inspiration came from.

Step 4: Write a poem based on the spam that you saw, and reported. Post it here!

Q: Where is the Poetry?

A: There was a lot of discussion before hand, but the actual art begins on page 2. The first page is all contextual, and also entertaining.

Q: Where is that Rocking Horse essay?

A: It's gone.

Edited by Actor Builder

There's a hilarious spam about rocking horses. I can't figure out if it even qualifies as Spam. It's like a 2nd grader's book report.

I put it in my signature so you can all see it. It's a great read.

Once I saw a Witch/Voodoo Doctor offering spells and stuff. That was really funny

There was another one about beauty products to hide face imperfections.... I was so offended: they called us ugly!

I was so offended: they called us ugly!

How dare they?

I love reading the Spams. It's so entertaining.

Edited by Actor Builder

I love reading the Spams. It's so entertaining.

I find them boring and just odd story telling, like an old person going on and on with a pointless story. Besides if any one clicks on the link in the "story" they all ready won. :cry_sad:

Earlier this week i reported a post offering fake passports, drivers licenses and the like for 50 countries. It was pretty wacky.

I find them boring and just odd story telling, like an old person going on and on with a pointless story. Besides if any one clicks on the link in the "story" they all ready won. :cry_sad:

I never click the links.... I just read the post

I never click the links.... I just read the post

If they were clever, they would say something about LEGO and they would get clicks on the links. I am wary of clicking on links by users who don't deep link their pics or videos in order to see their MOCs.

I read the stories and try to make a joke about it when I'm reporting the post.

If they were clever, they would say something about LEGO and they would get clicks on the links. I am wary of clicking on links by users who don't deep link their pics or videos in order to see their MOCs.

Dont give them any ideas ! :tongue::devil:

I read the stories and try to make a joke about it when I'm reporting the post.

Yeah, i feel the same way. Always report spam the same way i give feedback to peoples mocs or other subjects. We are here to have fun, so why not have fun reporting spam as well.

That rocking horse thing is so hilarious!

It really is!

Earlier this week i reported a post offering fake passports, drivers licenses and the like for 50 countries. It was pretty wacky.

I reported that one too! It's one of my favorites. Right up there with the rocking-horse essay.

I never click the links.

Smart man.

MMm, eating Spam for breakfast :thumbup:

Spam and beer, not a combination beneficial to the Spammer! :wink:

Looks like they have chosen a new time to attack. I usually find a lot in the early GMT AM... Hmm.

A healthy and filling breakfast thanks to a number of reports. :laugh:

Report the posts and staff will zap 'em.

Do you eat Korean spam with Kimchi?

Click-Click

BOOM

Dah SPAM is toast.

In this thread: Peppermint_M spams about spam.

There's a hilarious spam about rocking horses. I can't figure out if it even qualifies as Spam. It's like a 2nd grader's book report.

I put it in my signature so you can all see it. It's a great read.

A deeply inspirational essay indeed. Thank you, O wise and learned master.

Another empowering essay, this time about nutrition, is my signature.

Looks like our usual spammers got tired and hired some third graders to do the dirty work. :laugh:

Last night there was a huge spam attack here.... There were like 12 new threads in the licensed forum simultaneously

Which makes me wonder, why is the spam always posted in the licensed/general forum?

I've never seen spam in the Special Themes forums, Comunity, etc...

Last night there was a huge spam attack here.... There were like 12 new threads in the licensed forum simultaneously

Which makes me wonder, why is the spam always posted in the licensed/general forum?

I've never seen spam in the Special Themes forums, Comunity, etc...

The Eurobricks staff is glad to inform everyone that from now on, in our continuous effort to make EB a pleasant place and give our members a better experience, spam topic will be deleted after 3 whole days, so that everyone can see where and when they are posted.

The Eurobricks staff is glad to inform everyone that from now on, in our continuous effort to make EB a pleasant place and give our members a better experience, spam topic will be deleted after 3 whole days, so that everyone can see where and when they are posted.

That's a great idea. Everyone would have the opportunity to catch up on spam that got deleted while they were offline at the wrong time and totally missed out. Plus time to make clever spam reports. :classic:

Another empowering essay, this time about nutrition, is my signature.

Looks like our usual spammers got tired and hired some third graders to do the dirty work. :laugh:

You took my idea, man! I'm glad. The more rescued Spam Essays, the better.

:laugh:

Edited by Actor Builder

Who is going to moderate that sub-forum? :wacko:

EDIT: Mis-read that initial post, indicating it would get moved to a separate area. I have no idea how I made that mistake. IGNORE ME.

Edited by obsidianheart

What!?!

Topic title =

areas by night and cover up amid the day, experiencing

What is in the topic =

They should leave Esther, Addy's infant sister, under the watchful eye of a more established slave, as she would be excessively troublesome, making "link was here" it impossible to administer to on the run and could without much of a stretch give them away with her crying. Momma and Addy gone through the forested areas by night and cover up amid the day, experiencing snags, for example, wide streams, prickly shrubberies and a camp of Confederate warriors. Amid one of their rests, Momma presents Addy with a cowrie shell accessory that had a place with Poppa's grandma Aduke. "another link was here"

Edited by samuraiturtle

A quick Google search-

25103440336_4b43b66cd0.jpgaddy by Junior Shark, on Flickr

Looks like those American Girls are the ones behind the sinister spam terror plot that has been plaguing Eurobricks!

[Cue Scooby-Doo music]

Addy: "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling moderators!"

I found a spam just now. It's sort of an Anti-Spam spam.

The poster's name is HeatherHack. Pretty obvious.

Also, it talks about how the enlargement pills never work.

Topic Title is "Try Top-Rates Penis Drugs for Absolutely Nothing"

Interesting stunt the spammers are pulling here.

In other news: There was a hacker called RedFrank! His spam was the usual, but I think he should sell hot dogs. RedFrank's Hot Dogs! We got Big Reds. Frankfurters, and more!

EDIT: Both are still there. Someone should murder those soon. I'll wait.

Edited by Actor Builder