I'd been thinking about building a tower using half stud offsets to make it smaller as it gets taller, but hadn't gotten around to actually doing anything until I saw Gideon's sweet lighthouse. That inspired this tower. There is a full interior as always.

Glorfindel and Infernum had finally caught up with those responsible for the recent raids on Mitgardian homes and watchtowers. They waded through the swamp surrounding the tower, to try and reach the two Mitgardian prisoners, unnoticed.

overview.JPG

left.JPG

right.JPG

Meanwhile the two leaders of the raiding party were arguing at the top of the tower.

The Hand of Corruption captain wanted to follow their orders and take the Mitgardian soldiers they had captured back to Nocturnus to work as slaves, but the Orc chieftain had other plans for the two.

fight1.JPG

In the heat of the argument, the orc chieftain and one of his archers killed the captain and another Hand of Corruption warrior.

fight2.JPG

fight3.JPG

By this time, Glorfindel and Infernum had made it to the prisoners.

rescue.JPG

They armed the two with their daggers.

free.JPG

Then Glorfindel picked the lock on the door and they charged in.

charge.JPG

The raiders were unprepared for an attack and were quickly killed.

Glorfindel and Infernum restored the Mitgardian flag to its rightful place and discussed how to defend the Nocturnus border against more raiding parties such as this.

success.JPG

A few more pictures of the build:

top.JPG

back.JPG

More pictures can be seen here: link

I hope you guys enjoyed this collaborative storyline. And a big thanks to Infernum for efforts in the collab :classic:

Great conclusion SK! Love that tower, really nice idea with that half plate offset! :thumbup:. The windows are great! Love the trees, and the landscaping in general is awesome! The path is awesome. :wub:

Thanks so much for your work in our collab! It was great to work with you! :sweet:

Beautiful! It's nice to see something from Mitgardia after all these Avalonia style builds.

Awesome tower dude Isaac.... Lovely landscaping aswell, beautiful colours around!

Another nice build! :thumbup:

What I like about this build is not only the tower with its great texturing and the half stud offsets (great idea :wink: ), it's also the beautiful landscape I fell in love with^^

The little swamp area is well done and the trees (I use that technique too and love it :blush: ) look great. Especially the earthy colors of the leaves and the path are an eye-cathcer.

Great stuff, glad you could kick out those nasty darklings!

The interior is very impressive, especially considering the ladders and stairs as well as the offsets between floors. The pillars of trans-clear studs detract from it, though - would it still stand without them? If not, even stone columns would look better in my opinion. Those would probably be thicker and get in the way of a whole-tower picture like the one you included, but the rooms could be seen pretty well from the sides, I think.

Edited by Gilbert Despathens

Awesome tower SK, I really love the texture, and the landscaping is beautiful.

Looks great sk! I love the use of the darker colors for the landscape withe light bley of the stone, it creates great contrast to add to the beauty of the build itself

Gorgeous build SK, so much to appreciate here! Such detailed landscaping (that path is lovely), and the castle itself is fantastic. I love the texture and the look of it, considering this is a single color it is very well built! The SNOT rockwork is nicely done as is the pond. I definitely like those bushes from made from sand-green leaves and white flowers, I would love to add some in my next build.

The half stud offset turned out really well, looks great! I love your landscaping too, it's always very nice. Cool build!

Great tower SK, I like the 1/2 offset, really works well! Good work with the colorful landscaping as well! :thumbup:

Like I said in the Mitgardia thread: one of the finest Lego towers I've ever seen.

Great tower. Love the texture of it, and all the landscape details that you have been able to fit in a base of this size.

Awesome !

Great Job SK! The half stud offset looks great and so does the tower itself. :thumbup:

You definitely can tell this is a tower created by you SK!!! I also love the swamp!

Another great build from you! Probably my favorite part is how you incorporated the dirt pathway into the rocks. Nice work! :thumbup:

Excellent build SK! Love the tapering tower, looks very solid and has some great texturing to it. The landscaping is top notch as well. :thumbup: The only thing i'd change is the column of trans-clear 1x1 round plates at the back, i reckon you could get away without them for stability, and ditching them would invite the viewer into your lovely interiors that much better. :classic:

The marsh looks good, and I like the dark red/dark orange colors for the leaves. Are the dark orange 2x2 plates on the ground supposed to be fallen leaves?

When I say "something is good", it doesn't mean that everything else is bad, it is just that it stands out or find it clever, and the rest of the build brings the usual high standard.