gcanik

[MOC] MH-60M Blackhawk Helicopter as used by the 160th SOAR

This is a MH-60M Blackhawk Helicopter as used by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR) base out of Fort Campbell, Kentucky or more famously known as the "Night Stalkers". This particular one is armed w/ 2 miniguns (via Modern Brick Warfare). Alas I'm still working on a way to incorporate realistic looking sliding doors to the main cabin but I actually don't mind the open feel it presents. The basis of this MOC was influenced by the work of Simone YT and Brian Fitzsimmons and their Blackhawk creations.

img_20150226_114725906_hdr.jpg

More images can be found on my photostream on Flickr. Also there is a UH-60L Blackhawk Helicotper in dark bluish grey and outfitted with .50 caliber machine guns and interior seating.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gcanik/

Thanks for looking and comments/concerns always appreciated.

Edited by gcanik

For sliding doors you can try to incorporate the method I used on my UH-1 series, UH-1D, UH-1B, UH-1C, and UH-1N. I used a "plate 1x2 with slide" on the bottom rear of the door, and the fuselage uses "brick 1x2 with groove" stacked and rotated 90 degrees, and angled to form the sides of the fuselage. The plate slider travels along the groove to allow the door to slide. I used two rows to replicate the appearance of those on the real aircraft, but only the bottom groove is functional. You have to be creative and use a lot of SNOT techniques, but it works.