CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2014 - Your Ideal Christmas Gift entry thread

gallery_148_285_134459.jpg

small_tree_3.gifFree Giveaway! Xmas Raffle Building Challenge!small_tree_3.gif

It's soon that time again, when somebody sneaks into your home down the chimney and leaves

a lot of presents under the tree, and this is your chance to get even more ......!

This year the prizes will again be cool & hard to get minifigs!

This year the MOC theme is Your Ideal Christmas Gift

By that we mean - What would you really like to get for Christmas!!

Is it a small train? A car? Candy? A Wampa dipped in chocolate?

HereĀ“s last years thread as an inspiration!

Read the rules & post your entry in this thread!

The only rules are:

• You need to be a member of Eurobricks who joined before the 11th of November 2014..
  • This is a fun thing, so have FUN!
  • The MOC needs to have at least two (2) original Lego pieces in it, NO clone ones.
  • You can build either with real parts or use LDD, MLCad etc.
  • The MOC needs to be new - no recycling here please - just fresh stuff.
  • The entry must be posted in this thread before 10 pm GMT, by the 28th of November, 2014.
  • Your entry must include one image (and only one image) and be no larger than 800x600.
  • One entry per qualified member.
  • All members including the Staff can join, all but me that is :cry_sad:
  • Did I mention that you need to have fun?
  • I'm the judge and will randomly draw the winners who will be announced in a special thread, the advent calender thread, from 1st dec - 24th dec.

UPDATE:

gallery_148_285_62950.jpg

The odds of winning is even greater this year than last! So keep the entries coming - still 5 days to go :grin:!

UPDATE - The calender with the daily winners is up&running, check it out!

http://www.eurobricks.com/sieg/cal/

Does the picture have to be of the actual present, or a picture of you using it? Because a holiday wouldn't be a bad present, but I think a MOC of tickets wouldn't be very interesting.

I love this raffle. Thanks again for doing it CopMike! And to TLG of course.\

So it looks like no maximum size limits on the MOC? Just a minimum of 2 pieces.

I'll have to get to thinking about what I want for Christmas (outside of LEGO of course!)

I missed out last year, so I definitely need to get something done for this year. Thanks for hosting it again! Definitely starting the planning as soon as possible. :thumbup:

For Christmas, I want Lego Sets, obviously! So does my daughter, and my wife...well, not so much, but I found something for her too.

DSC06297_zpsb0258069.jpg

So for me, my dream present would be Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! from The Lego Movie. My daughter is a Friends nut, so she'd like Olivia's House before it goes from the market. My wife isn't really big on Lego, but she loves Lord of the Rings, so The Tower of Orthanc would probably be right up her alley.

(I hope that when you say "the MOC needs to be new," that my entry counts. It's not like I took an existing set and added a new decoration to it--I just made really tiny models of existing sets!)

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur

For Christmas, I want Lego Sets, obviously! So does my daughter, and my wife...well, not so much, but I found something for her too.

So for me, my dream present would be Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP! from The Lego Movie. My daughter is a Friends nut, so she'd like Olivia's House before it goes from the market. My wife isn't really big on Lego, but she loves Lord of the Rings, so The Tower of Orthanc would probably be right up her alley.

(I hope that when you say "the MOC needs to be new," that my entry counts. It's not like I took an existing set and added a new decoration to it--I just made really tiny models of existing sets!)

Those mini versions of sets look pretty cool. :)

Based on a true story:

15150620944_b56c9f913f.jpg

Raffle entry by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

My wife surprised me a few weeks ago with money to pick up Santa's workshop, as well as a little extra (Metalbeard's Duel, another set she knows I have had my eye on since its release) to get the Toy Workshop as well. Best early Christmas present ever!

Thanks CopMike for hosting this again this year!

Edited by rodiziorobs

Thank you CopMike for organizing the raffle again!

My ideal christmas present is almost ready... well the design is anyway. Now it's time to wait for the last few missing parts to arrive (hopefully on time).

Good luck building everyone!

800x600? I can't take pictures that small!

Well, you better start looking for "resizing photos" @ Google.

Using small pictures saves bandwith and with that time and money for all of us.

Aside that, it's simply enough pixels for this raffle.

Thx.

15774291945_6a9cb81617.jpg

On the way home I realised what I want for Christmas is ice cream. Hopefully Ben & Jerry's, but that wasnt very fun to convey in LEGO.

Edited by Captain Settle

Based on a true story:

Raffle entry by rodiziorobs, on Flickr

My wife surprised me a few weeks ago with money to pick up Santa's workshop, as well as a little extra (Metalbeard's Duel, another set she knows I have had my eye on since its release) to get the Toy Workshop as well. Best early Christmas present ever!

Thanks CopMike for hosting this again this year!

Your wife gave you money for LEGO?...I don't think I've ever even daydreamed about that? Do you live in some kind of wonderful LEGO heaven? Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

15591883238_742710e7c1_n.jpg

Raffle Entry picture by SteampunkDoc, on Flickr

A good DSLR would be nice. Not only for brickfilming, but for photography and live-action filmmaking.

Of course, that would require several different lenses and adapters and things, but hey, might as well dream big while I'm dreaming. :wink:

Edited by SteampunkDoc