Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Alternate Names for Johnny Thunder

If Johnny Thunder had not been named Johnny Thunder, what other names could he have been called? Share your thoughts and ideas here.

I like Ace. Not sure about McCool. Almost sounds like another name for a Peanuts dog. Snoopy pops in to my head. :-D

Let me see, here's a few:

- Flint Carson

- Jake Merdock

- Dan Danger

- Jack Venture

How about this

Indiana Jones X-D

JK, maybe Joey Lightning or

Tommy Hurricane or

Billy Typhoon or

Bobby Tsunami or

Jack Monsoon or...

Sam Grant was officially an alternate name for Johnny Thunder... But that's not the point of this thread, is it?

Snake Plissken

Sounds like a bad guy to me.

How about this

Indiana Jones

Tommy Hurricane or

Billy Typhoon or

Bobby Tsunami or

Jack Monsoon or...

Definately "storm" inspired. Many sound like tropical drinks, esp. a Tommy Hurricane. Is that made with vodka or rum?

Judson Cross

Sounds either like a biblical villain or the name of a country singer.

Sam Grant was officially an alternate name for Johnny Thunder... But that's not the point of this thread, is it?

I can see why Lego went with Johnny Thunder. Sam Grant sounds more like an old American president that should have had his face on a dollar bill (or) a civil war general. Lego seems fond of the name Sam.

Brickster,

Actually the name Judson Cross comes from a Canadian Adventure series called "Adventure Inc". He is the leader of Adventure Inc, a company that goes for treasure hunting and what have you ;-)

Its an ok show !! We need more adventures and less police !!

*yoda*

I can see why Lego went with Johnny Thunder. Sam Grant sounds more like an old American president that should have had his face on a dollar bill (or) a civil war general. Lego seems fond of the name Sam.

I'm wondering if the inspiration for that name came from Alan Grant - the character that Sam Neill portrays in the Jurassic Park movies. So what The LEGO Company did was combine the two names to get Sam Grant...

And as a side note I watched Adventure Inc once because they were looking for a sunken ship full of treasure. It was on at 3AM...

I had not heard of the show. I do remember Sergeant Preston of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police but not this adventure series. Sounds like a good adventure show.

Ace McCool

Lol :-D I'm sorry but that's just really funny to me for some reason!

how about "Mic Cool"

make it more australian due to the hat.

How about this

Indiana Jones X-D

Tommy Hurricane or

Billy Typhoon or

Bobby Tsunami or

Jack Monsoon or...

INDIANA JONES!That guy is so cool.

Ed Venture

I like that!

Though I'd rather have the names stay as they are... it's annoying enough how TLG mixes up all the names constantly... :hmpf_bad:

Snake Plissken

What could be cooler than that.

something not stollen from the current name of the Arachnoid villian in Space Police, mixxed with the preliminary name of Kranxx (another bad guy in SP) :tongue:

...On second though, that's Awesome name!

Or perhaps Alan Grant of the first and third Jurasic Park movies (and the book if I recal)

What about Jodian Innes :tongue:

sounds like the name of an alien species in Star Wars,

As for me, I like Depp Lighting

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs