kabel

Lady Emma of Valholl

Over the last years the Mitgardian League has started to become the leading organization in trading the oceans. The workhorse ship conducting all this trade is the cog, a type of ship developed along the long and cold coast of Mitgardia. One of those cogs is the Lady Emma, a 150 ton trader travelling along the western shores. She may look somewhat chunky and not very agressive, but she's a reliable craft and well protected by some Mitgardian crossbow men.

Everybody sing: Rule Mitgardia, Mitgardia rules the Seas!!

sscn0545.jpg

sscn0548.jpg

sscn0549.jpg

sscn0543.jpg

more pics on Brickshelf when public

Edited by kabel

Nice one!!

Great detailing! If I hadn't had my glasses or contacts on and you said it was made of real wood, I would believe you! :thumbup:

Sings "Rule Mitgardia, Mitgardia rules the seas!"

Nice Cog design, and I especially like the use of the old bow and stern pieces. Well, seeing as to that I have lots of those piece, I may humbly seek to borrow and modify your shape for the East Mitgardian's Trading Company's trading fleet? Of course, I will credit you in the design, and I won't put them as entries for the mini-challenge as it wouldn't be fair to you! They would look good to beef up my in-progress full scale Hykerbia city and port though!

On behalf of Baron Maude and Captain Seaburn La Flaga, guardian of Hykerbia and owners of the East Mitgard Trading Company.

Nice Cog! I really like the use of burlap/cloth for the sails - it adds a lot of character. I too like the hull pieces. Nice job!

@DM: thanks man, it really took all the brown and dark sand tiles I had too achieve the woodish look, I'm glad you like it

@Hersbrucker: Cogs usually had closed decks, and I based this ship quite a good deal on the Bremen Cog of 1380

@TR: Well, you're the one who actually inspired me to build a cog in the first place! So go ahead and borrow, If you wanne make it look like a cog though, you have to make sure that the stem is really straight:

sscn0551.jpg

And here is how I achieved it:

sscn0562.jpg

sscn0563.jpg

@roughang: thanks. The cool thing about the prefab hulls is that they have this clinker planked kinda look. Pretty odd for pirate ships but just right for Cogs. BTW, the sail is a piece of cotton stained in a cup of coffee :classic: the credits for this go to evil willy of the pirates forum, where you can find some nice sail making tutorials!

Edited by kabel

Thanks man, and I'm still waiting for your cog to get its final touch!!