Jesperallen

WIP Castle Seawatch

Hi

In thia post I will share my ongoing castle project "Seawatch"

Seawatch will be built in what I feel is minifig scale, covering about 20 48x48 plates and be surrounded by a diorama about the same size. All floors and areas in the castle will be axessable.

I´ll edit this first post and put new contents at the top.

SeaGate Tower

The SeaGate leads down to the harbour and is guarded by a heavy fortificated tower. The tower has two levels and features two double gates and a massive portcullis maneuvred from the second level. The tower is fully modular and axessable light the rest of the castle. Multiple arrowslits and murderholes ensures full control of those seeking to enter the middle curtain.

8139454833_708fb81f84.jpg

Wiew of SeaGate tower and HarbourKeep by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139486392_c8fc21f5ab.jpg

Roof on SeaGate Tower by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139487018_fc851c312f.jpg

Angled wall by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139487182_22c01b843f.jpg

A wiew through SeaGate by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139486898_fd353aa7ef.jpg

Path down to SeaGate by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139486392_c8fc21f5ab.jpg

Roof on SeaGate Tower by Jesperallen, on Flickr

8139455565_43bb62df87.jpg

Path up to SeaGate by Jesperallen, on Flickr

HarbourKeep

Harbourkeep houses the castles garrison and gives a good wiew and control over both the inner and outer curtain and over the harbour.

All floors can be removed and all areas are acessable for discovery and play.Have no interior pictures yet as lack of bricks prevented me from finish it.

A stairtower with spiral staircase takes you up to the stunning wiew of the little bay and the fotifications of Castle Seawatch.

7350408708_9befc4a942_z.jpg

Harbourkeep towers over the harbour

7350408866_d51cf0b183_z.jpg

Wiew from outer curtain.

7350409000_4957a2fe31_z.jpg

Walking thw walls

7350408494_59e7b7007a_z.jpg

A stairtower leads up to upper floors

7165197325_9c49edd73b_z.jpg

Top of the stairtower

7165195709_c84f5fef3a_z.jpg

Spiral staircase goes all the way up in the stairtower.

7350408202_de32d47c7f_z.jpg

Roof of slate

Seagate and seawall

6668845287_981479e458_z.jpg

This is Seawall, protects the harbour from the powers of the sea.

6668845687_e90f8470ac_z.jpg

This low tower will house a ballista to guard the entrance to the harbour. The water is now trans dark tiles on black plates.

6668846137_46861bc009_z.jpg

Small gatehouse, "Seagate", leads to the harbour.

6668846501_e1e318210b_z.jpg

Battlements overlooking the harbour.

6668846765_1d0554852b_z.jpg

Overlook of Chaintower and Seagate

6668847089_54e253f63a_z.jpg

Walkway to upper parts of Seawatch

6668848529_bc7c81dbab_z.jpg

The portcullis can be lovered into holes for reinforcement. I plan to try to motorize funtions like portcullises and drawbridges.

Chaintower

This is the first almost finished piece "Chaintower". Chaintower is guarding the harbour, a chain can be raised to block the entrance to the harbour.

6312996513_31c2daf3e1_z.jpg

6313518054_655bc77be3_z.jpg

6312998225_1a2e8f76a9_z.jpg

6312997009_eb6cc59a4c_z.jpg

6312997319_7a3525caf3_z.jpg

6312997877_2dde120570_z.jpg

6312998067_fbb8c13d82_z.jpg

Edited by Jesperallen

Hi Jesper, you got unnecessary img-tags in your code:

Change this:

[img=[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/69424673@N05/6312996709/][img]http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6233/6312996709_5e18593426_t.jpg][/url][/img]

to:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/69424673@N05/6312996709/][img=http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6233/6312996709_5e18593426_t.jpg][/url]

Finally Jesper this great moc and it´s pics came to EB! :classic:

I just love the huge size with all the details you manage to put in! Great work!

I love this. The detail is amazing. I wish I had the resources to build something like this. Job well done. :thumbup:

This looks very very nice!

I really like the clean design broken up by those earth colours in the walls.

I feel that the tower should be somewhat taller due to how 'fat' it is ;) - other than that, there's nothing to say than 'excellent MOC'

I can't wait to see where this is going - 20 48x48 plates... sounds awesome

Edited by Lorentzen

Thank you all for your nice comments!

I feel that the tower should be somewhat taller due to how 'fat' it is ;) - other than that, there's nothing to say than 'excellent MOC'

It´s great to recieve constructive feedback, we all want to improve. I thank you and will have this in mind for the rest of the project.

This is one of the things I find difficult managing such a large project, you improve your building all the time and look back wanting to change things already built. Sometimes it´s small details but I´ve also come to tear down whole walls or towers.

...you improve your building all the time and look back wanting to change things already built. Sometimes it´s small details but I´ve also come to tear down whole walls or towers.

I think that it has it´s charm when building huges castles like this. Just like castle should be built. The earlier stages are not as improved or advanced as the ones being built "now"...

I know all to well about wanting to tear things down to improve them, story of my (lego)life, I look forward to seeing this, I know that making all the rooms accesable and having interiors is realy parts intensive. Great work here. :thumbup:

I really like the half thickness extrusion to the top part of the tower, looks really slick.

Seawatch will be built in what I feel is minifig scale, covering about 20 48x48 plates and be surrounded by a diorama about the same size. All floors and areas in the castle will be axessable.

I just realized how big this is going to be. It didn't register the first time I read through this post. If every part of Seawatch is to be half as good as this piece, I think we are all in for quite a treat.

Awesome! I especially like the roof design and the splashes of different brick colour in the walls. Very realistic, well done.

Again thank´s for your comments!

I´ve now updated the first post with more pictures of the growing (if somewhat very slovly) project.

Fantastic project! LIke the others I'm excited to see where this goes. I love all the oblique angles in even apparently straight walls, it really feels like a real castle. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Wow, this is really coming along! That porticullis looks especially nice. :wub: The later pics really start to give an indication of how massive this thing is going to be - it's kinda blowing my mind. :oh: 20 x 48x48, and the same again around it in landscape... you must have a lot of space to work in!

Wow, this is really coming along! That porticullis looks especially nice. :wub: The later pics really start to give an indication of how massive this thing is going to be - it's kinda blowing my mind. :oh: 20 x 48x48, and the same again around it in landscape... you must have a lot of space to work in!

Amen to that! :thumbup:

Wow :wub_drool: ! That's really amazing. The sheer size of this creation is already enough to melt my brains :laugh: . 20 48x48 baseplates... How long did it take you to collect all these bricks needed for your castle? Or are you just ordering along while your building? I'll second what Gabe said: that portcullis looks really nice. Those tooth pieces give it a very "real" touch.

Wow!

You've got attitude man, 20 pc 48x48? Awesome! And yeah, that portcullis is epic! :thumbup:

I also like the alteration of 1x1 rounds and flat tiles to build a road. That's really nice.

Thank´s for the positive feedback everyone! Glad you like the portcullis, tried different solutions and all of them annoyed me in one way or another but when I came up with this one it felt just right.

How long did it take you to collect all these bricks needed for your castle? Or are you just ordering along while your building?

I´ve been on this project for several years by now. Having family takes some time I´ve discovered and bricks aren´t as cheap as I would like.... So I collect bricks while building and sometimes have a good stock and sometimes (as now) building is halted by stock running low. Right now I´m working on a really large tower I plan to use as barracks.

This is great Jesper! I´ve said it before back on Swebrick but your work and patience with this masterpiece is great! Love how the whole thing really looks like a real castle!

Can´t wait to see more pics!!

Awesome! waiting eagerly for more updates... :laugh: